To stay or go? - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I’ve said before, why does it have to be a Scottish manager?

This attitude leaves us stuck in the dark ages and will never progress with it. 

No offence. 

No offence taken. Yes I pointed out that the likely Strachan replacements are uninspiring but I never insisted on a Scottish manager. Indeed, I went on to present a mini-case for the defence of Berti (who after tonight is still the last Scotland manager to get us to a play-off).

Understood?

Apology accepted.

1 minute ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

In the same class as his 'they rose above the crowd' on Thursday - after a terrific 90 minutes of support for the team.

You're taking that out of context though. I'm fairly sure he meant they were able to keep their heads despite the obvious tension. 

Go.

Like the poster above I won't be raginig if he stays on, but I'd like to see us replace him. He deserves credit for getting us back in the campaign, but tonight again shows his stubborness and inability to change players or tact when we are not playing well. His loyality to certain players is his another reason to go ; how did Phillips manage to play the whole game , did he even find a pink shirt tonight with a pass?

There positivities though in that the squad is young, we are now on a bit of hard-to-beat run and the emergence of both the young lads like McGregor, McGinn, some of the U21 lads, Tierney etc and Griffiths mostly thanks to Celtic I think improved tenfold as a player and can cut the mustard at the top level. There are lots to be positive about when looking at the squad and for the future ; so I think now would be an excellent time for Strachan to move on.

We should and need to look abroad for a new coach - the only Scot I would want would be McInnes, but would he even take it? If we don't, we'll end up with someone like Malky McKay or Davie Moyes.

Someone change the script though! 3rd place on away games. It wouldn't have mattered a jot regarding the playoffs, but still. We lack guile and it's a part of the character of us as a nation e.g shiting the bed when the job needs done ; I have no doubt that Iceland, Ireland, would have done the job tonight.

Anyhoos, on to the next campaign.