To stay or go? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

I think its very likely he'll be gone after the next two games. cannot see 6 points from this group. especially with the injuries. If it does happen and we get to a playoff the sfa will be on their knees sucking him off. 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

He should go, and I say that regardless of us not getting to a playoff or somehow making it to the final in Moscow next year and humping Germany 3-0 in the final.

He has went took us backwards IMO, and a good win against Lithuania and a game of boredom against Malta isnt going to change my mind.

If we beat Germany 3-0 in the final  next year Strachan can have the job for life and a £20 million bonus as far as I’m concerned. I’d probably drop down dead of shock so I wouldn’t be giving s flying feck who the Scotland manager was.

I’d settle for winning our next four competitive games 1-0 though. 

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Am I reading that correctly? If we get to the World Cup final and beat Germany 3-0 he should still go ?

In the event of Strachan leading us to World Cup glory, I can confirm that I shall meet him at Glasgow Airport on his triumphant return with a Strachan out placard. That is if the flying pigs dont bring down his plane first.

1 hour ago, the_fadiator said:

Still fancy De Boer in the role?

I cant recall ever saying Id want De Boer to be honest.

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

Yea he's trolling but its bad quality trolling.  At least my trolling is either slightly amusing or there s a mooted point somewhere.   This is just hatred and stupid. 

Away and ride David Coburn and gies peace.

13 minutes ago, kumnio said:

In the event of Strachan leading us to World Cup glory, I can confirm that I shall meet him at Glasgow Airport on his triumphant return with a Strachan out placard. That is if the flying pigs dont bring down his plane first.

Farrage i ride

So if we get rid of Strachan who do we appoint?? Don't get me wrong, hardly his biggest fan, just asking the question. Would like to think we have moved on from the biscuit tin mentality and actually go after someone not unemployed, but who realistically would take it?? McInnes, Wright (yes, the Irish one) or O'Neill (see Wright) to name but a few.. Just don't see it, and we'll end up with Moyes. 

25 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Ur the troll this time

Stay. I think progress being made and continuity will see us through to the Euros. Players are very happy working for him and he loves the job. Starting again with new manager would be backwards step considering who it will be. It certainly won't be a high quality manager. It has been proven time and again changing manager all the time does not work. Lets try something we haven't done before and that is continuity.

Edited by kirkintoddy

Guest MorayCupMan
2 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Stay. Mostly because I'm seriously underwhelmed by the probable list of replacements.

That's exactly my view on it as well.

I would really start to worry about possible contenders for the job after these 2 games (if we fail to get 2nd/playoffs) as I can see it been just another burley or Levein type appointment.

Edited by MorayCupMan

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Which brings us back to who a deer a female deer.

This has been done to death on here, and probably every ftiba forum around the globe. There is no magic formula, there is no guaranteed success.

What we do know, what is backed up by statistical evidence and black and white numbers, is that Strachan has not succeeded. He has been in the job for almost 5 years and he has never done anything that Burley or Levein wouldnt have achieved, we have not progressed, while others have.

Everyone can have a fabled appointment in mind to turn around our fortune, but hoping that Strachan will do it now, when he has failed for so long is nothing short of delusional behaviour and accepting defeat.

Stay. If we win on Thursday and make the play offs then hand him a new deal there and then. If we get rid of him who do we get, that would want the job? Michael O'Neill? He might want to change but if Northern Ireland qualify then not a chance.

Moyes? Has had a disaster in every job he's had since Everton and would jump ship back to England at the first chance he got.

McInnes and Wright? They would probably take it but again I think they would both jump ship if they had a good half a campaign and were offered a job down south.

Edited by GordyA88