Ljubljana for Slovakia match - Page 2 - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ljubljana for Slovakia match

tattiescone69

1 hour ago, wubbs said:

Easy for you to say. Travelling from down south or abroad takes up holiday time and costs extra money, neither of which is a problem for you given you live within driving distance from Hampden. 

It takes up less holiday time and costs less money than going to Slovenia 3 nights early and missing a vital home game... As i said though, clearly a wee holiday to Slovenia is more important than the football. That's fair enough, each to their own. 

22 minutes ago, scot scotland scottish said:

I think you're missing the point. The point is that there is Scotland based fans, flying away from Scotland and thus missing the football tomorrow, yet bizarrely will be in attendance on Sunday. If you're outwith Scotland that's a different set of circumstances isn't it.

To emphasise my previous post, seems bonkers logic to me, but each to their own though. 

Correct. Not sure why folk are getting so defensive about it, to be honest. 

12 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

This abuse has been screen shot and forwarded to the SFA. See you in court, Paul McKay. 

I'll be counter-suing you for liable, Mark Ferguson. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It takes up less holiday time and costs less money than going to Slovenia 3 nights early and missing a vital home game... As i said though, clearly a wee holiday to Slovenia is more important than the football. That's fair enough, each to their own. 

Correct. Not sure why folk are getting so defensive about it, to be honest. 

UEFA's week of football has made it harder for those that travel from outwith the central belt, again, maybe not something you appreciate. A hotel in Glasgow followed by a flight full of Scotland fans on Friday is probably going to cost more than a cheaper flight to Slovenia and a few extra days there. Lets not forget, many people feel that the SSC has lost touch with the fans and is more revenue focused now.

And if it really is each to their own, why are your airing your views again?

Just now, wubbs said:

UEFA's week of football has made it harder for those that travel from outwith the central belt, again, maybe not something you appreciate. A hotel in Glasgow followed by a flight full of Scotland fans on Friday is probably going to cost more than a cheaper flight to Slovenia and a few extra days there. Lets not forget, many people feel that the SSC has lost touch with the fans and is more revenue focused now.

I attend midweek football 130 miles (260 miles round trip) away from my house on a regular basis and have attended games as far away Manchester on a midweek evening (requiring 1 half day from work). I appreciate that going to games in Glasgow is more effort for some than it is for others. 

You're kind of reinforcing my point here. Folk are prioritising an away game (and holiday away) which could be meaningless, over a massively important home game. 

Folk are free to do what they want but it's fairly obvious that missing a home game to go on a longer holiday to an away game is going to illicit "wtf?" comments from others. 

Just now, wubbs said:

And if it really is each to their own, why are your airing your views again?

Because message boards are for giving your opinion on things, i thought? 

4 minutes ago, wubbs said:

All games are worth a possible 3 points, so they're all equally important to me. 

If we lose on Thursday, then Sunday will be just as important as Thursday was? :unsure: 

57 minutes ago, wubbs said:

In terms of finishing second, then no.

However, as I've only been to two games this campaign, I'm pleased I have the time to make the one on Sunday.

I hope you get to see us secure 2nd spot and a place in the play-offs. 

On 04/10/2017 at 1:53 PM, scot scotland scottish said:

I think you're missing the point. The point is that there is Scotland based fans, flying away from Scotland and thus missing the football tomorrow, yet bizarrely will be in attendance on Sunday. If you're outwith Scotland that's a different set of circumstances isn't it.

To emphasise my previous post, seems bonkers logic to me, but each to their own though. 

Think the point is , it’s all to do with you or any other TA board troll what other fans choose to do with regard to heading to any game . Unfortunately there are twats with nearly 7000 TA posts who seem to think it’s their place to comment despite never being off their mother’s PC to go to a game . Each to their own