Las Vegas Mass Shooting - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Las Vegas Mass Shooting

6 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm guessing he was a white supremist. I'm not clued up on Yankee geography but isn't vegas in the south? The south where all the kkk and that stay is it not?

I think it was a country music festival, so doubt it. That's about as white as it gets.

The mention of faux outrage previously is spot on.  Maybe one day the gun lobby will say what it really thinks, namely that these mass killings are an acceptable price to pay for their notion of freedom. Nothing will change meantime. 

Been following this all day and bemused by the comments on here. 

Whoever this guy it is it well planned. He fires in long rifle emptying bursts that last like 100+ shots in fully automatic fire... The pauses are only when he replaces his (very large) magazines with new ones or just picks up a new fully loaded weapon. 

Fully automatic weapons are banned in the USA so it is probably a conversion but again this is well planned... well scouted out, well thought out.

It was an Israeli news outlet that reported he was a Muslim convert (we will see).

Seemingly the other brother (not the one interviewed on TV) has told the press that Paddock was a multi-millionaire real estate investor

Edit - they have just reported that an ingredient that can be used for bombs was found in his car

Edited by Ally Bongo

Doing my "cracker" and after watching the video interview of Eric Paddock my suspicious hackles are up.

Methinks he doth protest too much

The first clue is when he was asked what his brother's job was

He said he was retired (not specifying/deflection) then when asked what he did before that he immediately went on the defensive

"It's all in the public record" (not specifying)

"He went to college" (deflection)

"He got a job" (still not specifying)

"We bought some apartments. We sold some apartments" (still not specifying)

Thats not how you describe a multi-milionaire property developer 

Probably they are complete shysters as most property moguls are and thats what he is hiding.. but still ...its a start

Edited by Ally Bongo

7 hours ago, thplinth said:

Been following this all day and bemused by the comments on here. 

Whoever this guy it is it well planned. He fires in long rifle emptying bursts that last like 100+ shots in fully automatic fire... The pauses are only when he replaces his (very large) magazines with new ones or just picks up a new fully loaded weapon. 

Fully automatic weapons are banned in the USA so it is probably a conversion but again this is well planned... well scouted out, well thought out.

It was an Israeli news outlet that reported he was a Muslim convert (we will see).

The source for that last statement was ISIS who claim responsibility for everything.

I'd really like someone one day to explain to me in simple terms how having a gun in your pocket stops you getting shot by a nutcase with an assault rifle dozens of yards away.

Its not guns the septics need to be stocking up on, it's Kevlar.

Idiots.

9 hours ago, neilser said:

Maybe one day the gun lobby will say what it really thinks, namely that these mass killings are an acceptable price to pay for their notion of freedom. Nothing will change meantime. 

A guy on Channel Four news said pretty much exactly that last night - 'events like this are the price we pay for our freedom.' Didn't catch who he was, some sort of pro gun guy and also TV host I think. Not the brightest, he also said that there was no connection between the ready availability of weapons such as the one used and the deaths. Bombs (like the ones used in Boston) kill people too, what about them? Well yes they do, that's why the acts of making one or having one is illegal.  As should be having one of these guns.

Incidentally, I've said before that too many people accept the lie that the NRA is about protecting the right to bear arms. It is an industrial lobby group, concerned about the right of American people to buy guns. From them. 

Edited by Pool Q

The stat about number of American war dead throughout history being less than the number of Americans killed by firearms since 1968 went viral on Twitter yesterday 

You would think that would be an eye opener

But lets face it - the line has already been drawn on the acceptance of mass shootings in the USA

If you are going to do fvck all when twenty 6 year old kids are shot at school then you wont be doing anything when 59 adults are shot at a concert 

45 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The stat about number of American war dead throughout history being less than the number of Americans killed by firearms since 1968 went viral on Twitter yesterday 

You would think that would be an eye opener

That just "proves" their point though, Every soldier has a gun so they are less likely to get killed. :wacko: Therefore the public should have more guns. 

That's the kind of "logic" the gun pushers use. And lots of folk are quite happy to buy into it. 

I think I should go out and buy an extra gun to keep in my cludgie.

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think I should go out and buy an extra gun to keep in my cludgie.

You mean you dont already have one !! 

Image result for spider in bathroom meaning

The rate of fire makes me think he had all the guns so that when one overheated he could simply pick up another fully loaded one and then another...

This has been very well planned I think so the target selection will not be accidental neither. Country fans will be mostly white and mostly republicans I would guess. Be surprised if he was a 'nationalist'.

51 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The rate of fire makes me think he had all the guns so that when one overheated he could simply pick up another fully loaded one and then another...

This has been very well planned I think so the target selection will not be accidental neither. Country fans will be mostly white and mostly republicans I would guess. Be surprised if he was a 'nationalist'.

So nut jobs with a problem with the world and who want to take out as many people as possible to make some sort of point aren't capable of forward planning then?

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

So nut jobs with a problem with the world and who want to take out as many people as possible to make some sort of point aren't capable of forward planning then?

Multi-millionaire nut job, well known in the hotels & online gambling community of Vegas 

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Relevance?.

Easier forward planning id imagine ............

Was an addition to your point - not a rebuke 

Try to actually quote what I say. I said the attack seems very well planned and so i think the target selection will equally be well considered and thus that attacking a country and western crowd would not make sense to me if he was a 'nationalist'. Tedious.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Try to actually quote what I say. I said the attack seems very well planned and so i think the target selection will equally be well considered and thus that attacking a country and western crowd would not make sense to me if he was a 'nationalist'. Tedious.

Yup. You'd be surprised if the demographics of the audience wasn't considered when he was planning the shooting. So you think it wasn't a right-wing nutjob, as if it was, he wouldn't be shooting mainly white Republicans. 

Not sure why me commenting on that is "tedious"? 

As an aside, it's great how so many of us become experts on all sorts of subjects at a drop of a hat. What is/isn't an automatic weapon, the gun laws of Nevada, and so on. Anyway, the reaction of many (obviously not all by any means) Americans in still resolutely defending the right to own guns, and the denial that widespread ownership of them is a contributory factor in the level of gun related killings in the US, is simply beyond me.

I’ve never understood how people could say something like this is well planned. 

Buy a lot of guns, but a lot of bullets, get a vantage point, shoot into a big crowd of people. I don’t think takes a lot of planning.