Las Vegas Mass Shooting - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Las Vegas Mass Shooting

It's been a few months since the last one 

20 dead at the moment :(

Would appear not to be ISIS related as Trumpy would have tweeted if it was 

The footage of it is horrendous. Selling hand guns to the public is one thing. It's dumb, but it might have some sort of warped logic in the context of self-defense in a gun obsessed culture with their history. I guess. But having the kind of weapon that seems to have been used here easily and widely available is just crazy.

4 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

The footage of it is horrendous. Selling hand guns to the public is one thing. It's dumb, but it might have some sort of warped logic in the context of self-defense in a gun obsessed culture with their history. I guess. But having the kind of weapon that seems to have been used here easily and widely available is just crazy.

The videos where people have been filming the music and then the gunfire starts are chilling. Must be about 50 rounds fired in about 10 seconds. 

Why weapons like that need to be available to the general public is beyond me. 

There could be mass shootings like this every week in the States and nothing will be done to curb access to firearms. Surely a sidearm is sufficient for home protection or a rife / shotgun for hunting etc if that's what they want to preach. What scenario does someone need a fully automatic assault rifle?! The mind boggles. And in this situation it would have likely taken multiple firearms or a few reloads. 

A white middle aged American man responsible though, will never be referred to terrorism. 

9 minutes ago, McDange said:

There could be mass shootings like this every week in the States and nothing will be done to curb access to firearms. Surely a sidearm is sufficient for home protection or a rife / shotgun for hunting etc if that's what they want to preach. What scenario does someone need a fully automatic assault rifle?! The mind boggles. And in this situation it would have likely taken multiple firearms or a few reloads. 

Exactly. Why a 64 year old man, living in a retirement community in Nevada needs an assault rifle, i've no idea. 

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Would appear not to be ISIS related as Trumpy would have tweeted if it was 

ISIS have claimed responsibility saying the gunman recently converted to Islam :blink:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-isis-shooting-claims-stephen-paddock-responsibility-latest-a7978941.html%3Famp

41 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm guessing he was a white supremist. I'm not clued up on Yankee geography but isn't vegas in the south? The south where all the kkk and that stay is it not?

No, not at all

Sarah Sanders is an evil cnt who lacks basic human decency, just like so many in power, on both Democratic and Republican sides. Saying today is a day to be thankful for those who survived is an absolute disgrace, its disgusting and shameful. 

America will never change, its a country that could be great, but is instead stuck in the gutter and run by neanderthals and racists who think lives dont matter. Gun sales are up, with gun lunatics are now spouting the usual shite.

58 people have died, and 515 are injured, the death toll could conceivably be in triple digits, and all because some idiot decided to shoot thousands of bullets into a crowd of people having a night out. No one needs to have access to a gun that could do this, nor the stockpile of bullets required to carry this out.

Stop honouring the dead by faux outrage and minutes silence, or flags on facebook, or candle lit vigils, its not worth a damn thing. Meely mouthed pish by people in charge who are either scared to do the right thing, or just dont care enough to take action. Get the NRA, Mitch McConnell, and any other lawmaker who glorifies killing, and get rid of them.

Even those who survived will now have to suffer psychological issues, not to mention being in debt for medical bills. Land of the utterly retarded.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Sarah Sanders is an evil cnt who lacks basic human decency, just like so many in power, on both Democratic and Republican sides. Saying today is a day to be thankful for those who survived is an absolute disgrace, its disgusting and shameful. 

America will never change, its a country that could be great, but is instead stuck in the gutter and run by neanderthals and racists who think lives dont matter. Gun sales are up, with gun lunatics are now spouting the usual shite.

58 people have died, and 515 are injured, the death toll could conceivably be in triple digits, and all because some idiot decided to shoot thousands of bullets into a crowd of people having a night out. No one needs to have access to a gun that could do this, nor the stockpile of bullets required to carry this out.

Stop honouring the dead by faux outrage and minutes silence, or flags on facebook, or candle lit vigils, its not worth a damn thing. Meely mouthed pish by people in charge who are either scared to do the right thing, or just dont care enough to take action. Get the NRA, Mitch McConnell, and any other lawmaker who glorifies killing, and get rid of them.

Even those who survived will now have to suffer psychological issues, not to mention being in debt for medical bills. Land of the utterly retarded.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. All this nonsense about needing guns for self defence. Talk about the tail wagging the dog. 

The gun manufacturers and NRA care more about profit than lives. It's as simple as that. I'm sure I've seen polls that suggest the majority of Americans do want stricter gun control but as long as the lawmakers are in the NRA's pocket it's not going to happen. If it didn't happen after Sandy Hook it's not going to happen after today's latest spree. Their usual line about needing a good man with a gun to take out the bad man with a gun is total nonsense. How is a good man with a gun going to know someone's about to spray a crowd with bullets from the 32nd floor.