Slovakia. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia.

marinello

I see it is claimed in BBC Scottish Gossip page that the Slovakia manager is intending to play for a draw on Thursday.

Big mistake if they do as if successful and with a win against Malta they would only have 19 points. This is likely to be insufficient to be in the top 8 second place positions.

That`s why I think the claim is pish. They will come at us looking for the win. This gives me more encouragement that we will win as we will not be facing a 5 man defence. Spaces instead will be available for us to exploit.

Not disparaging the Slovaks as I feel they are a competent outfit but I really do believe we will win this. Can see a 3-1 win [ possibly 3-2].

Our time is near.

Mind games, while 19 points probably will be enough (there will be at least one group on 12 or less) there is know way they'll take the chance and settle for a point. While they are a good side they are not a Poland of two years ago and they are playing a very different Scotland team to a year ago. Also on Hamsik I think he's only got past 65 mins once this season.

23 hours ago, the_fadiator said:

Hamsik has scored today. One off Maradona's record for Napoli. He really is a class player and we'll need to stop him, possibly justiying McArthur's inclusion with his harassing style!

Someone needs to give him a good hard tackle early doors, usually browns job but someone else will need to do it. He is a very very dangerous player and we can't afford to give him any space or time on the ball

Just now, Kirk said:

Someone needs to give him a good hard tackle early doors, usually browns job but someone else will need to do it. He is a very very dangerous player and we can't afford to give him any space or time on the ball

He'll be well used to worse than that in Serie A

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

Graeme Souness and Roy Aitken used to be masters of doing that at Hampden.  Sadly nowadays it means an early bath.

13 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

He'll be well used to worse than that in Serie A

Im sure he will but it's all you can really do. I think we could spend a lot of this game on the back foot so we need to try and have some sort of impact on their key players.

10 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Im sure he will but it's all you can really do. I think we could spend a lot of this game on the back foot so we need to try and have some sort of impact on their key players.

I hope we're not on the back foot. We were better than them until the second goal over there.  We need to be careful not to go behind but hopefully we will be trying to boss the game. 

17 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

I hope we're not on the back foot. We were better than them until the second goal over there.  We need to be careful not to go behind but hopefully we will be trying to boss the game. 

I hope the same but I can just see it playing out that way, Standard for us in a big match. Yeah we need to be really tight at the back and the players need to cover for each other. If we can have a good start and keep the ball well enough early doors hopefully we can get the win.

I think we're right about as good as Slovakia and should be able to see to them at home..... 2-1 Scotland.

If we win that, I think we'll win 2-0 in Slovenia.. But tomorrow's game is the big one as it's the biggest question mark for me.

Wouldn't say there's too much between Scotland/Slovakia. A few big players can make the difference for each team but I can see us just managing to get over the line tonight with the home advantage. I do think we will need to score atleast 2 though as I can see us conceding quite easily. 

7 hours ago, calmc92 said:

Wouldn't say there's too much between Scotland/Slovakia. A few big players can make the difference for each team but I can see us just managing to get over the line tonight with the home advantage. I do think we will need to score atleast 2 though as I can see us conceding quite easily. 

marek hamsik = difference