Going vegan. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

First came across veganism in the 80's  via anarchism music. There was a non violence view against killing all living things, to eat meat you've got to be violent and kill something.

Not got a problem eating animals,we are evolved to eat a mixed diet.

However factory farming of animals Is pretty horrible.

Just ate 4 chicken drumsticks and 4 thighs. That's 2 dead chickens for 1 dinner.

I'm thinking that's a bit revolting.

Yes ,there are some peeps that wont eat plant  life as well. Will only eat stuff that has fallen to the ground, I dont think there is a lot of them, thats pretty hard road, 'fruitarians'.I suspect that they are probably some god bother types.

Edited by Eisegerwind

19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If you are going vegan make sure you are getting enough vitamin B12 and vitamin D from somewhere else. Deficiency in these vitamins can lead to serious health issues.

Yeah take a b12 supplement and sporting some impressive sunburn at the moment. 

17 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

No doubt driving or using public transport to when out, thus causing the erosion of leather tyres leading to the slaughter of more livestock to keep up with the demand

Leather tyres? 

What world do you live in?

4 hours ago, euan2020 said:

I seem to notice that a few vegans get fat, once they take up veganism 

I'm vegetarian and people are always surprised when they find this out, very few admit it but it's because I'm a fatty and people seem to think veggies are always skinny, I always say veggies are usually fat whilst vegans are thin. I may have to change this as there's a lot more vegan food available now such as pizza, cakes and cookies. 

3 hours ago, biffer said:

Leather tyres? 

What world do you live in?

I don't think tyres are leather but they often have tallow used in the production of them. Cars are a nightmare if you're vegan. 

11 hours ago, G-Man said:

I'm vegetarian and people are always surprised when they find this out, very few admit it but it's because I'm a fatty and people seem to think veggies are always skinny, I always say veggies are usually fat whilst vegans are thin. I may have to change this as there's a lot more vegan food available now such as pizza, cakes and cookies. 

I don't think tyres are leather but they often have tallow used in the production of them. Cars are a nightmare if you're vegan. 

I've never seen, even the hungriest of vegans, try to eat a car.