Pedro and the Huns - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pedro and the Huns

Folk wonder about the demise of the TAMB when there are thread titles like this...

Utterly bizarre game which had just about everything. Goodness knows how Pena stayed on the pitch and had he gone, Jack likely wouldn't have. Still, good character shown and one of the easiest performances with 10 men that I've seen. Accies were abysmal.

Caixinha rightly banished Miller given his public release of info. You simply cannot do that and expect the players to follow. I imagine he's feeling a bit daft right now. I know for certain that he's been telling tales out of school to 'outsiders' so he deserves what he gets.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Folk wonder about the demise of the TAMB when there are thread titles like this...

Utterly bizarre game which had just about everything. Goodness knows how Pena stayed on the pitch and had he gone, Jack likely wouldn't have. Still, good character shown and one of the easiest performances with 10 men that I've seen. Accies were abysmal.

Caixinha rightly banished Miller given his public release of info. You simply cannot do that and expect the players to follow. I imagine he's feeling a bit daft right now. I know for certain that he's been telling tales out of school to 'outsiders' so he deserves what he gets.

spot on.

3 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

what info ?  sitting in ZA 

When did this all become a 'thing'? I went on holiday on the 15th and came back to tales of him having lost the dressing room,  Miller being banished to the U20s, and claim and counter claim re Pena's fitness. Rangers look fairly average, but it's early for all this is it not? 

4 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

whats wrong with the thread?

10 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

According to the journo (forget his name) that wrote the piece in the Record it wasn't Kenny Miller that passed on the gossip. 

Not sure I'd trust a journo though, to be fair. 

On 9/30/2017 at 7:28 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

According to the journo (forget his name) that wrote the piece in the Record it wasn't Kenny Miller that passed on the gossip. 

Aye, but what Gossip..  what did Kenny do and say..

Pedro hasn't done much to make me think he is a good manager, but like many before him he is being targeted, unfairly at times id suggest, based purely on the fact that he is a johnny foreigner and doesn't pander to the media like most of the scottish coaches. We have got to be one of the most insular footballing nations on earth and our reluctance to try and open up and learn from foreign coaches etc is remarkable when you consider how poor we have been at football for such a long time.

5 hours ago, Mox said:

Pedro hasn't done much to make me think he is a good manager, but like many before him he is being targeted, unfairly at times id suggest, based purely on the fact that he is a johnny foreigner and doesn't pander to the media like most of the scottish coaches. We have got to be one of the most insular footballing nations on earth and our reluctance to try and open up and learn from foreign coaches etc is remarkable when you consider how poor we have been at football for such a long time.

Can't disagree with that.

There is still a strong suspicion of "outsiders" coming in and trying to change things because "we've had it this way for decades". 

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Can't disagree with that.

There is still a strong suspicion of "outsiders" coming in and trying to change things because "we've had it this way for decades". 

Totally agree. The Le Guin collapse was partly his fault but mostly caused by the stupid insular and xenophobic scottish players not being willing to try something different. 

It seems that this is still an issue at Ibrox. I'd also bet a few quid on some long standing member of the non playing staff having a hand in undermining Pedro. 

These folk just can't cope with change. 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Totally agree. The Le Guin collapse was partly his fault but mostly caused by the stupid insular and xenophobic scottish players not being willing to try something different. 

It seems that this is still an issue at Ibrox. I'd also bet a few quid on some long standing member of the non playing staff having a hand in undermining Pedro. 

These folk just can't cope with change. 

Think this is also the case with a lot of fans - How many times have you heard Scotland fans dismissing the idea of a "Foreign" Manager because of Berti Vogts not being succesful (Despite being the last Manager to qualify for Play-offs) ..... We've had many more Scottish "failures" but they're still  happy to go with "one of the boys"....

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

"But... but... he took away wur cakes fae the canteen" - Kris Boyd 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

could be wrong but I thought it was burgers they got rid of so Boyd took the huff. :lol:

Funny, I thought it was the Monster Munch that he was upset about. ? 

Although, the size of him, it could have been all 3! ?

11 hours ago, Robbo `81 said:

Think this is also the case with a lot of fans - How many times have you heard Scotland fans dismissing the idea of a "Foreign" Manager because of Berti Vogts not being succesful (Despite being the last Manager to qualify for Play-offs) ..... We've had many more Scottish "failures" but they're still  happy to go with "one of the boys"....

Definitely. But then we know a lot of football fans are cretins, don't we? ?

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

"But... but... he took away wur cakes fae the canteen" - Kris Boyd 

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

could be wrong but I thought it was burgers they got rid of so Boyd took the huff. :lol:

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Funny, I thought it was the Monster Munch that he was upset about. ? 

Although, the size of him, it could have been all 3! ?

I'd love it if they mentioned this on Radio Scotland the next time Boyd starts going on about there being no need for fitness coaches or diets in football :lol:

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'd love it if they mentioned this on Radio Scotland the next time Boyd starts going on about there being no need for fitness coaches or diets in football :lol:

Sadly our journos still live in the era that Boyd comes from. Why else would they write the utter garbage that they produce, especially with regards to foreign coaches. 

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sadly our journos still live in the era that Boyd comes from. Why else would they write the utter garbage that they produce, especially with regards to foreign coaches. 

Sadly they often appear to be proved right.

Whether this is a result of resistance to change amongst players, I'm not sure, or is it just impossible for a manager to gain the respect of his players and push his ideas if he's being constantly undermined?

Despite his flaws, Berti Vogts did well enough in competitive matches that he didn't deserve all the flack he took.

George Burley was treated appallingly by the media and lost a section of the dressing room.

Compare Caixinha to the easy ride Ally Mccoist got.

:shocked:

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

agreed. the Scottish sports media often appear to be in the dark ages. its the same old dull stuff they come out with - you just get the feeling they are happy in their cosy little world, unable to imagine things differently. problem is they get paid for the garbage.

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:28 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

yeh saw a tweet from I think Tom English saying it wasn't KM.

22 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

should all be grass, in the top league at any rate.

I'm not against a good surface like they appear to have at Rugby Park, but Hamilton's pitch is terrible! The bounce of the ball is so unpredictable, you see players challenge for a ball and it bounces over both their heads, then next time they jump and it hits them on the shin.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm not against a good surface like they appear to have at Rugby Park, but Hamilton's pitch is terrible! The bounce of the ball is so unpredictable, you see players challenge for a ball and it bounces over both their heads, then next time they jump and it hits them on the shin.

:lol:

the killie surface got slaughtered by everyone on Sportsound on Monday. No club at this level should need a plastic pitch.