Scotland Under 21's - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Under 21's

bookerman

http://scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=17241&newsCategoryID=1

Sqaud for the games for England and Latvia

Goalkeepers

Ryan Fulton (Hamilton Academical)

Ross Doohan (Celtic) ****

Jack Ruddy (Wolverhampton Wanderers) *

Defenders

Jason Kerr (St Johnstone) **

Ross McCrorie (Rangers)

Scott McKenna (Aberdeen)

Calvin Miller (Celtic)

Liam Smith (Heart of Midlothian) ***

John Souttar (Heart of Midlothian)

Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock)

Ryan Williamson (Dunfermline)

Midfielders

Theo Archibald (Brentford)

Chris Cadden (Motherwell)

Allan Campbell (Motherwell)

Greg Docherty (Hamilton Academical) 

Michael Johnston (Celtic)

Stephen Mallan (Barnsley)

Lewis Morgan (St Mirren)

Dominic Thomas (Kilmarnock)

Forwards

Oliver Burke (West Bromwich Albion) 

Ryan Hardie (Rangers) 

Oliver McBurnie (Swansea City)

Scott Wright (Aberdeen)

Decent group with most of them having first team experince. I'm guessing Ralston must be injuried ?

1 hour ago, bookerman said:

http://scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=17241&newsCategoryID=1

Sqaud for the games for England and Latvia

Goalkeepers

Ryan Fulton (Hamilton Academical)

Ross Doohan (Celtic) ****

Jack Ruddy (Wolverhampton Wanderers) *

Defenders

Jason Kerr (St Johnstone) **

Ross McCrorie (Rangers)

Scott McKenna (Aberdeen)

Calvin Miller (Celtic)

Liam Smith (Heart of Midlothian) ***

John Souttar (Heart of Midlothian)

Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock)

Ryan Williamson (Dunfermline)

Midfielders

Theo Archibald (Brentford)

Chris Cadden (Motherwell)

Allan Campbell (Motherwell)

Greg Docherty (Hamilton Academical) 

Michael Johnston (Celtic)

Stephen Mallan (Barnsley)

Lewis Morgan (St Mirren)

Dominic Thomas (Kilmarnock)

Forwards

Oliver Burke (West Bromwich Albion) 

Ryan Hardie (Rangers) 

Oliver McBurnie (Swansea City)

Scott Wright (Aberdeen)

Decent group with most of them having first team experince. I'm guessing Ralston must be injuried ?

Celtic asked for him not to be included with a few big games around that time apparently. 

• 2 weeks later...

A bit off topic but is anyone watching the U19's v France just now? Been pretty impressed with the technical skills of our young players the last couple of years across all age groups. Hopefully bodes well for the future. The French team have some absolute monsters in it.

0-0 at half time.

10 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

A bit off topic but is anyone watching the U19's v France just now? Been pretty impressed with the technical skills of our young players the last couple of years across all age groups. Hopefully bodes well for the future. The French team have some absolute monsters in it.

0-0 at half time.

You got a link to it

9 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

0-0 at half time.

Yup, I've been saying for a while now, on the technique front it's night and day compared with anytime since the 80s. The younger generations are miles ahead of our usual standard, although that doesn't necessarily mean they'll turn out to be better players. That requires the correct attitude and will to win. I'm optimistic.

12 minutes ago, McExpat said:

I'm sure his father brought him up as Scottish, not English, regardless of where he lived. 

I've no idea TBH, all I can do is quote his dad in the Record...

“But in Angus’ mind he’s been born and brought up in England. That’s his chosen country. He’s making his own name in the game. Although I’ve kept my Scottish license there, by naming him Angus Fraser James Gunn. So I don’t think he can turn any corner on that score, he can’t change his name by deed poll or anything like that. I’ve got him in one sense. But England will have him in another. I’m just pleased he’s doing so well in the professional game."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bryan-gunn-support-son-angus-6488047

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I've no idea TBH, all I can do is quote his dad in the Record...

“But in Angus’ mind he’s been born and brought up in England. That’s his chosen country. He’s making his own name in the game. Although I’ve kept my Scottish license there, by naming him Angus Fraser James Gunn. So I don’t think he can turn any corner on that score, he can’t change his name by deed poll or anything like that. I’ve got him in one sense. But England will have him in another. I’m just pleased he’s doing so well in the professional game."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bryan-gunn-support-son-angus-6488047

Diplomatic answer.

I was unfortunately at the game tonight, Burke was a disgrace. Showed absolutely no interest you wonder if hes regretting his decision to represent Scotland. However on that performance would be no where near England squad. He did have a couple of runs in the first 20 mins but just ran into the English players and the rest of the half showed no interest. Left after 70 mins had had enough