Strangest Celebrity Sightings - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strangest Celebrity Sightings

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Sarah Jessica Parker in New York, she spoke for a few minutes, my ex wife told her she loved sex in the city, she was less impressed when I told her it was a load of bollocks. 

Pete Docherty stayed across the road from my brother in Hammersmith, spoke to him for a few minutes, seemed decent enough, but was told it was often very wild in the evenings and police were regular visitors. 

Ant (no Dec) walking out of a WH Smith with a newspaper and pint of milk. 

Seen Billy Connolly driving around Aberdeen a few times on his 3 wheeler. 

Mani from the stone roses in nice n sleazys before a stone roses gig. 

Pat Jennings in Dublin airport. 

Joe Lewis frequents the same chipper as I do. 

I wonder if they were all thinking

' fook me, there's Dandydunn from the  TAMB ? ' ......

Met Steve Earle after a gig in Newcastle. Chatted for a few minutes, and he was very cool.

Saw Sadiq Khan dropping his fresher daughter off at Edinburgh Uni recently, and Ed Balls on the way to Strictly Come Danciing when down for the England game. Pointed out my Yes badge as we passed him. He seemed impressed :lol:

18 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I wonder if they were all thinking

' fook me, there's Dandydunn from the  TAMB ? ' ......

Naw, the probably thought 'There is that beer stealing sheep from the Tamb'

Edited by andymac

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

For me it's hard to beat a Monday night about 20 years ago, I was watching the Sky EPL game in the Foxbar hotel in Killie when Rod, Jane and Freddie came in the back door and strolled through the bar!

On the subject of Rainbow my mate met legendary voice artist Roy Skelton on the last Tube home. Well TBH they thought it was just some random old drunk guy but he then burst into perfect renditions of George and Zippy for them. Turns out he was on his way home from Geoffrey's house too.

Saw a wee guy I thought I knew in a hotel in south side. He was talking to someone so I just nodded and smiled and he did the same, then it became that awkward always catching each other's eye and still smiling and nodding. Hotel employee walking by asked if I knew who I was smiling at and told me it was Ed Sheerin. It was a few years ago so I was none the wiser and he was laughing about it when a good  looking guy joined him and he told him why he was laughing. Good looker then asked if I knew who he was and again I didn't and he made a crack about being unknown in his own country.  Telling the story a few days later I told friends I'd met Ed Sheeran and Calvin Klein, they eventually worked out it was Calvin Harris. They were here for something on at George Square. 

Pished out my head I congratulated the drummer from Foo Fighters for doing so well he had a gig in Glasgow and 'him all the way from America.' He was lovely and even offered us complimentary tickets to the gig. Said no as it was too nice a night to be cooped up watching a band. 

At Trafalgar Square during Euro 96 our carry oot was running dry.

We spotted an off sales which had a queue outside that everyone was flocking too

We decided to go off square to look for another one and just before we ignorantly tried to get past the closed gates at the Mall we were confronted by an armed copper

Where is there an off sales we asked to which he pointed to the one on the square that had the queue to an execution.

Gave him the "do you think we are daft look" and he eventually disclosed that there was one on Whitcomb street just off the square 

We made our way through the chock a block square and were transported as if by magic to a wee empty street that nobody else had seemed to twig and there in front of us was a deserted Victoria Wine stocked to the gunnels

Image result for 19 whitcomb street london

As the four of us walked out with a disgraceful supply of drink who was walking down towards us but Bob Mortimer

We waved and shouted

He acknowledged then ran away in the opposite direction hiding his face

Edited by Ally Bongo

My family had just moved out of town and so I was starting a new school - a tiny two-classroom job a few miles out of Donny.

I was 9 but in the same room as those who were going on 12. One of the old kids was a lanky, frizzy haired lad. "Avoid him," said the nipper who'd been assigned to be my 'buddy' (as it wasn't called then), "His name's Jeremy Clarkson and he's a right twat."

7 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

My family had just moved out of town and so I was starting a new school - a tiny two-classroom job a few miles out of Donny.

I was 9 but in the same room as those who were going on 12. One of the old kids was a lanky, frizzy haired lad. "Avoid him," said the nipper who'd been assigned to be my 'buddy' (as it wasn't called then), "His name's Jeremy Clarkson and he's a right twat."

Before the board oblivion have always meant to ask & you've probably divulged - who is your profile pic ?

Edited by Ally Bongo