Strangest Celebrity Sightings - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strangest Celebrity Sightings

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Back in the day there used to be a country sports shop - fishing and shooting and the like - called McCririck's on John Finnie St in Kilmarnock.  I understand that John McCririck was related to that family.

I've also seen John McCririck in person and he came across as an arrogant ##### to me. 

Going back now what was the name of the Italian ice parlour Just up  from McCrirck’s ?

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Back in the day there used to be a country sports shop - fishing and shooting and the like - called McCririck's on John Finnie St in Kilmarnock.  I understand that John McCririck was related to that family.

I've also seen John McCririck in person and he came across as an arrogant ##### to me. 

I’ve never seen Rossy but I imagine John McCririck when I think of Rossy. 

4 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

Thank you mr poke was just  about to text a mate as it was bugging me all day and don’t forget the forum cafe braw ice cream parlour as well :ok:

Mario was one of the Varani brothers from the Forum, I think there'd been a bit of a fall out and he went on his own. His ice cream still tasted like the Forum's. 

On 22/09/2017 at 8:14 AM, aaid said:

He smells too. Saw him at the races once - Doncaster I think. My wife and her friend got a picture and they said his rediculous coulourful jacket thing stank.

10 hours ago, ShedTA said:

He smells too. Saw him at the races once - Doncaster I think. My wife and her friend got a picture and they said his rediculous coulourful jacket thing stank.

Not surprised - he never seems to be without a cigar

He is your typical loudmouth, chauvinistic, misogynistic, pro bloodsports public schoolboy who's on camera persona pretends to be one of and on the side of the oiks.

That being said he did a good deal for horse racing exposure by being the first on TV to take the punters side and speak their language.

When he is in the horse racing comfort zone i dont mind him at all

He didnt look all that well the last time i saw him on TV 

11 hours ago, ShedTA said:

I remember when he was in big brother, back when it could be funny and it had people you'd heard off and Caprice ???. Anyway I digress, he was a clatty |<unt even back then 

He went radge because they confiscated his Diet Coke 

He was funny as fuc|< mind you

Edited by DoonTheSlope

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's in the realms of folklore now but........Frank Bruno heavyweight champion of the world once ran away from me in a pub in Bethnal Green pre Wembley! 😀

That explains it that’s why your man rossy never turned up the other month for your wee boxing bout  :lol:

10 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

That explains it that’s why your man rossy never turned up the other month for your wee boxing bout  :lol:

Haha. He came in the pub we were in and we all started doing impressions of him ' you know what I mean 'Arry' and doing the laugh. I went over to shake his hand and he turned and walked out lol. By the time we got home the story had grown some 'arms and legs' but that's how it happened lol 😀

39 minutes ago, slasher said:

Haha. He came in the pub we were in and we all started doing impressions of him ' you know what I mean 'Arry' and doing the laugh. I went over to shake his hand and he turned and walked out lol. By the time we got home the story had grown some 'arms and legs' but that's how it happened lol 😀

:ok:

Elijah Wood In McPhabb's, Glasgow 2010. Seemed very surreal at the time.

A couple of days later the Daily Record reported that Billy Boyd had just got married, and then it all made sense. He was very friendly and approachable; he seemed to be enjoying Scotland.

Also - BB King in PC World, Finniestoun. Probably even stranger.

Björk in what looked like jammies about 10 years ago in Reykjavík. Doesn't seem too surreal - it was Björk, and she was just a few years ahead of the trend as you'll see a lot of folk out in their jammies going to the shop today.

Went to New Zealand,7 years ago and got speaking to a group of carnies at the campsite and had a beer with them. And one of them spotted Sonny Bill Williams at the Pack and Save (like Aldi, maybe or a more accessible Costco/cash and carry) and they were astounded ''SONNY BILL WILLIAMS SHOPS AT PACK AND SAVE!!''

Gordon McQueen in the bar at Edinburgh airport - a nice guy, and talked up Scotland.

I walked into a pub in Glencoe to meet a pal and there was Jimmy Savile holding on to my mate's girlfriend's hand, kissing it and saying smarmy things. I didn't think much of it - thought back then he was a harmless old eccentric - but my pal obviously thought differently about the situation, he was getting more and more agitated and eventually exploded "I'm not having my girlfriend slavered over by England's national poofter!" grabbed her and led her away from the clutches of Britain's now most infamous child sex abuser.