Catalonia & the UK media blackout of events - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Catalonia & the UK media blackout of events

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

In lieu of Catalonia's UDI in the next few days the Spanish military is starting to arrive there in large numbers.

This really has the potential for another Spanish civil war

All it would have taken was for the EU to quickly point out to Spain that any more article breaches could result in their membership being reviewed 

This is precisely why lots of Americans believe in the right to bear arms to protect their freedom! Maybe the Spanish government would've been less inclined to send in paramilitary thugs to throw women downstairs if everyone was 'tooled up', just sayin?

10 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Part 2

http://www.gearoidocolmain.org/israel-will-bank/

*linking this doesn’t mean I believe all of it. 

"One should not be under the impression that the criticism of the reactionary, independence movement in Catalonia implies that the Spanish government is somehow ‘resisting imperialism’. The Rajoy regime is rotten to the core. In fact, many analysts suspect they may even be secretly collaborating with the Catalan separatists."

jumping the shark a bit there :lol:  'many analysts'.... this guy's a genius in his own head.

It's interesting on a psychological level rather than political, for me.  As we don't really have a large Jewish community in Scotland (now or in the past), find it really hard to even begin to understand anti-antisemitism conspiracy theories in history or now.   Maybe the distance makes it easier for us to see how insane these ideas really are.  

I'm 100% sure there are inaccuracies and the public are played in international reporting but this guys dulls any talent he has with these wild claims.

I'm sure my friends (and the millions of Catalans) sitting down to to their butifarra; discussing the future of their country, it's long history and traditions have Israel's geopolitics well thought out in their grand plan.

14 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I'm sure my friends (and the millions of Catalans) sitting down to to their butifarra; discussing the future of their country, it's long history and traditions have Israel's geopolitics well thought out in their grand plan.

I don’t think he’s implying that your regular voter thinks that way. 

27 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think he’s implying that your regular voter thinks that way. 

It's the millions of regular voters with millions of disparate opinions which have brought this to head.  It's Catalans that have created and voted for their political parties.  Causes and consequences are separate things.  All for unorthodox ideas but jeezo 

His weird musings are interesting for their own sake but they have nothing to with Catalonia.

21 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

It's the millions of regular voters with millions of disparate opinions which have brought this to head.  It's Catalans that have created and voted for their political parties.  Causes and consequences are separate things.  All for unorthodox ideas but jeezo 

His weird musings are interesting for their own sake but they have nothing to with Catalonia.

As a general rule I think, we as voters are capable of being manipulated by the powers that be, to what extent, if at all in the case of Catalonia we might need to wait and see. Although I don’t doubt the people’s desire to be independent. 

31 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

As a general rule I think, we as voters are capable of being manipulated by the powers that be, to what extent, if at all in the case of Catalonia we might need to wait and see. Although I don’t doubt the people’s desire to be independent. 

I can agree with that.  Well we don't really know if a majority want it but they want a vote.

All people can be influenced and groups can be manipulated to an extent, I agree.  For example, the reasons Glasgow went from Labour to SNP to independence supporters has many complex intricacies to it - with no one answer.  I think it would be a bit offensive to suggest the over-reaching one is the jewish hand of usary rather than class, culture, economics, apathy even.  It's just illogical.  It's even more illogical for Catalonia with the cultural story they have had to endure last century.

Apologies, really just don't like that article at all.  you can tell i won't contributing to his loony fund haha.! but at least makes you think.

There's an idea catalan nationalism is right of centre.  it has that element to it but it's not right wing.  Every country has their Tories. But the coalition ERC are the growing party in Catalonia and CUP are almost too left wing.  People characterising it as reactionary aren't reading between the lines.  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

15 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

In lieu of Catalonia's UDI in the next few days the Spanish military is starting to arrive there in large numbers.

This really has the potential for another Spanish civil war

All it would have taken was for the EU to quickly point out to Spain that any more article breaches could result in their membership being reviewed 

where are you reading about the army?  I've been following and don't see that anywhere in any of the Spanish press.

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

where are you reading about the army?  I've been following and don't see that anywhere in any of the Spanish press.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/862295/Catalonia-crisis-army-Spain-troops-Barcelona-Carles-Puigdemont

Funny how when Kosovo declared independence without even a referendum all the Russia hating USA cuck countries of Europe were lining up to recognize it... but when Catalonia actually has a referendum and overwhelmingly votes for it the Spanish send in the black clad stormtroopers and the same EU counties have vanished. The EU ia an absolute pile of hypocritical shit,  just like the loathsome shitebags they take their orders off.

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Thanks.  Yeah that's real spin from the express there; they need a better translator.  They've sent a couple of logistical trucks; not the army.  

The big thing people are talking about there is don't show violence as then they will have an excuse to send army in.

2 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Well done ally for posting that video great speech and the truth 

Indeed. Excellent speech. Totally correct. Thanks for posting, Ally.

42 minutes ago, Flora MaDonald said:

I can't quote on this thing

Crap, isn't it. It's been flagged for years but nowt's been done. It might partly be a search-engine thing. I can't quote in the version of Explorer I use at home, but I can with Mozilla. At work it's MS Edge and I can quote using that too.

On 5/10/2017 at 7:51 PM, thplinth said:

Funny how when Kosovo declared independence without even a referendum all the Russia hating USA cuck countries of Europe were lining up to recognize it... but when Catalonia actually has a referendum and overwhelmingly votes for it the Spanish send in the black clad stormtroopers and the same EU counties have vanished. The EU ia an absolute pile of hypocritical shit,  just like the loathsome shitebags they take their orders off.

Is Kosovo actually recognised by all European countries? In football yes but that took a while and for other things I`m not sure. Spain (perhaps predicting current events) didn`t recognise Kosovo straight away and maybe still doesn`t and I think there were other countries too. With Kosovo/Catalonia comparison is it not partly because Spain ia a member of EU while Serbia isn`t and wasnt at time of Kosovo independence? 

12 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Weirdly their tune changed on our eu membership not long after the Brexit vote.  Definitely no friend though 

Out of curiosity, what friends have we got? Will depend on politicians in charge of Scotland and of  other countries but unless we suddenly become rich again eg oil prices rocketed I acn`t see many if any countries being too interested in us.

• 2 weeks later...