Catalonia & the UK media blackout of events - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Catalonia & the UK media blackout of events

11 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not everything is so black and white and out in the open in politics.

...well aye obviously..  Doesn't mean you convince yourself black literally is white or that attempting to twist facts to your own projected conspiracy shouldn't attract utter ridicule when set against clear facts.  Not to mention this was written in 2017 when it could be brushed off as an arrogant take by someone presumably with their own agenda.  for it be brought up now given all that's happened is beyond laughable. 

there is no evidence the EU are helping the catalan separatist leaders.  none.  There is loads of evidence they've closed shop around " the rule of law" of one of their member states.  

there are loads of things done in back door deals, i don't doubt it.  but questioning everything to the point you're seeing things with no evidence whatsoever is not healthy.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

19 hours ago, Orraloon said:

They are hardly staying quiet on events. They have actively encouraged the Spanish fascists.

Can you give some examples of that? Not doubting what you are saying but I haven't seen much to that extent. 

On 11/8/2019 at 4:14 AM, PapofGlencoe said:

...well aye obviously..  Doesn't mean you convince yourself black literally is white or that attempting to twist facts to your own projected conspiracy shouldn't attract utter ridicule when set against clear facts.  Not to mention this was written in 2017 when it could be brushed off as an arrogant take by someone presumably with their own agenda.  for it be brought up now given all that's happened is beyond laughable. 

there is no evidence the EU are helping the catalan separatist leaders.  none.  There is loads of evidence they've closed shop around " the rule of law" of one of their member states.  

there are loads of things done in back door deals, i don't doubt it.  but questioning everything to the point you're seeing things with no evidence whatsoever is not healthy.

I thought it was an interesting take on the story and I’ve a lot of time for the author based on his work on isis and Syria. That’s all. 

10 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I thought it was an interesting take on the story and I’ve a lot of time for the author based on his work on isis and Syria. That’s all. 

I can't take his credibility seriously on the Syria rubix cube when he's demonstrably waded in on a topic he know's very little about a cheap 2 and half hour flight away.

I'm quite open minded and nothing is off the table for me in terms of debate, there's loads of nuances, but his take here is like shouting tomatoes at a ballerina.  

"We are not for a moment suggesting that the Spanish government is anti-imperialist. If fact, they may even be collaborating with the separatists. After all, both sides represent the same class interests"

I mean..