Catalonia & the UK media blackout of events - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Catalonia & the UK media blackout of events

On 9/20/2017 at 10:22 PM, DonnyTJS said:

Yeah, I did ctrl+f and it definitely only threw up the one usage - I imagine the article is being regularly updated and I should have added an "at this moment" disclaimer ...

Editing articles without including the edits annoys me.

52 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Heard Trump voicing his opinion earlier. Embarrassing, he started going on about the Spanish president :blink: 

Only heard it on the radio earlier, I didn't realise he was standing beside the Spanish PM at the time!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/mashable.com/2017/09/26/donald-trump-spain-prime-minister.amp

If there was a similar crackdown on democracy going on in China or Russia etc, we would have our Govt, US etc ALL condemning it as barbaric...

Instead, the silence is Utter Hypocrisy.

We must all speak out against the crackdown and give the Catalans our clear support and backing. Scotland above all needs to give its voice to support the Catalans.

Some of the scenes online are harrowing

Will our media give fascism the coverage it deserves ?

Edited by Ally Bongo

18 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It's the top headline on the BBC.

12 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

As of the last 15 minutes.

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's been on sky since I've been up the left 2 hours ???

Call me cynical but i very much doubt we will see what i am witnessing on twitter

Police throwing women and old people down flights of stairs then jumping on their heads for example

https://twitter.com/BlancaLlumVidal

23 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Call me cynical but i very much doubt we will see what i am witnessing on twitter

Police throwing women and old people down flights of stairs then jumping on their heads for example

https://twitter.com/BlancaLlumVidal

? that is shocking . No chance of something like that being shown without some cutting and pasting. 

I wonder how many folk who are condemning these actions will still continue to go to Spain on holiday each year. If they are really that bothered they will make a point and vote with their feet.

Already I've got two wallopers on the book of the puss who have been going on about this carry on for weeks i.e. Sí profile pics etc but today have posted how they can't wait to get away this week.... to Malaga 

Although the cynic in me suggests that like most people on social media nowadays they just like to jump on the latest political bandwagon.