14 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

Hiya @Armchair Bob  :wave:

19 hours ago, Pool Q said:

This is a bit like meeting up with friends and family you haven't seen in ages at a funeral. It's a shame it has taken an impending death to make this place interesting again.

Aye, TAMB resurrection party!

14 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

Hiya @Armchair Bob  :wave:

Hola :waves:

On 17/09/2017 at 5:11 AM, calmac_man said:

If I did the whole multi-quote argument thing with you, it meant I respected what you'd said and wanted to respond to it. (Neilser. Why was it so often Neilser? Always liked him too.) 

Haven't been on the TAMB since you posted that long post calmac man - I've only quoted a wee bit. A cracking read and good to hear you're doing well. We had a few 'spirited debates' over the years but the good thing was (as far as I recall) the dummy was never spat out by either of us and it did at least help to concentrate the mind when posting. Most of the stuff you posted I agreed with and even the spirited debates were constructive on the whole - some of the stuff you posted was also hugely influential on me moving from Labour to SNP.

Anyway, glad that you're in a good place fella :)

Where does one start with the TAMB?

I can honestly say, I've never encountered a bad person on here - disagreements at times, aye, but never truly nasty.

I'm not going to sit on my arse and name favourites - you all had your 'special appeal'!

However, the kindness I was shown in this place when I realised the bevvy was getting out of hand, was quite unbelievable. I was one of the first to say, "Oh, aye, just stop drinking, Naebdy pours it down your neck, etc", but I soon realised that wasn't the case - people on here understood that, and for that I'll be eternally grateful. A special mention here goes to wee Mindimoo, who had a friend in the right place at the right time. Mindi went out her way to ensure that happened.

The patter over the years has been immense. Kenneth Farrington and I sat 2 metres away in the office pishing ourselves at some of the posts; Charlie and I discussed it in the Horseshoe - it was a brilliant place to be. Meeting people at games from on here - friends for life.

I was saddened to hear of the Colonel's passing. Puts it all into perspective. If any of his friends or family are reading this, my heart and sympathy goes out to you.

So, we might be saved? I hope so. I'll be back - I hope you reading this are too.

I predict the board is about to go into meltdown at the Prodigal Sons return ?

I never knew you Flora, I came on as you left ( coincidence ?) but only goods things have been said about you. 

Hope you will stick around. 

On 9/27/2017 at 2:23 PM, Pool Q said:

This is a bit like meeting up with friends and family you haven't seen in ages at a funeral. It's a shame it has taken an impending death to make this place interesting again.

:lol:

On 30 September 2017 at 0:58 PM, Flora MaDonald said:

Where does one start with the TAMB?

I can honestly say, I've never encountered a bad person on here - disagreements at times, aye, but never truly nasty.

I'm not going to sit on my arse and name favourites - you all had your 'special appeal'!

However, the kindness I was shown in this place when I realised the bevvy was getting out of hand, was quite unbelievable. I was one of the first to say, "Oh, aye, just stop drinking, Naebdy pours it down your neck, etc", but I soon realised that wasn't the case - people on here understood that, and for that I'll be eternally grateful. A special mention here goes to wee Mindimoo, who had a friend in the right place at the right time. Mindi went out her way to ensure that happened.

The patter over the years has been immense. Kenneth Farrington and I sat 2 metres away in the office pishing ourselves at some of the posts; Charlie and I discussed it in the Horseshoe - it was a brilliant place to be. Meeting people at games from on here - friends for life.

I was saddened to hear of the Colonel's passing. Puts it all into perspective. If any of his friends or family are reading this, my heart and sympathy goes out to you.

So, we might be saved? I hope so. I'll be back - I hope you reading this are too.

:wub: