Tambs for the memories - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tambs for the memories

2 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

:lol: That was exactly what one of my mates said when he heard the board was closing. That it was full of guys who thought they were elite so he quit the board years ago.

Says the guy with 1900 posts.....

40 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

Anyone still got a Magoo'd tshirt? They're probably collectable now.

"Yabba dabba doo, we're all here to get Magoo'd."

So many dead TAMBers... Jeezo.

Was Magoo that guy with the native American head dress? If so....

Years ago I went to a shindig in Aviemore. It was a Scotland fitba' themed thing and I tented it at the campsite. I mind sitting in a bog cubicle in the morning on the site and in the one next to me I could hear some manky bastirt coaxing his keich oot of his arse. Everytime a plop hit the pan the voice would cry out, "Aaaagh ya bastirt ye, that's the gemme" or something like that.

I was over the sink washing by this time and out of that cubicle walked Magoo in only his Indian headdress and nothing else. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

Doesn't get much more elite than refusing to wear a tshirt with your name on it and not going to games.

0 is the new 10.

I do about 2 home games a campaign.

Being a teacher has killed away games, used to get the odd October game in Holidays. And if that killed it having a 1 year old and 3 year old burried it.

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Was Magoo that guy with the native American head dress? If so....

Years ago I went to a shindig in Aviemore. It was a Scotland fitba' themed thing and I tented it at the campsite. I mind sitting in a bog cubicle in the morning on the site and in the one next to me I could hear some manky bastirt coaxing his keich oot of his arse. Everytime a plop hit the pan the voice would cry out, "Aaaagh ya bastirt ye, that's the gemme" or something like that.

I was over the sink washing by this time and out of that cubicle walked Magoo in only his Indian headdress and nothing else. :lol:

Changed his name by deed poll to Sir William Geronimo Wallace.

I remember standing in the foyer of some random eastern european hotel somewhere at an ungodly hour of the morning and Magoo walking up to reception. The girl asked him "Do you have a reservation?" Everyone fell about laughing like they were going to die.

You had to be there...

Just now, Flat Earth said:

I remember standing in the foyer of some random eastern european hotel somewhere at an ungodly hour of the morning and Magoo walking up to reception. The girl asked him "Do you have a reservation?" Everyone fell about laughing like they were going to die.

You had to be there...

No need to be there. That is funny! :lol:

1 minute ago, Flat Earth said:

You had to be there...

:lol:

Then we have Steelpeach one of our English interlopers who I met in Milan and am still friends on FB - good guy :) and Longshanks another interloper who I never met but am still FB friends.

DonnyTJS was however the most tolerant on the interlopers and I wish i had met him too :)

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Was his Mrs no' called Pocahontas or something? 

Yeah, I wonder how she's doing sometimes. Hope she's ok since SWGW passed away...

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Then we have Steelpeach one of our English interlopers who I met in Milan and am still friends on FB - good guy :) and Longshanks another interloper who I never met but am still FB friends.

DonnyTJS was however the most tolerant on the interlopers and I wish i had met him too :)

Stalker!

Kernie too...

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Haha I remember longshanks. Does he look like longshanks?

1 hour ago, Flat Earth said:

Anyone still got a Magoo'd tshirt? They're probably collectable now.

"Yabba dabba doo, we're all here to get Magoo'd."

So many dead TAMBers... Jeezo.

Stop it. You are my age, We are next.

1 minute ago, andymac said:

Stop it. You are my age, We are next.

Not me. I'm a threat to the viability of our works pension scheme. I'm good for another 45 years at least. In fact I'm going to hold out for a telegram so I can send it back and tell whichever monarch we have (probably still Liz!!) to shove it... :) 

10 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

Not me. I'm a threat to the viability of our works pension scheme. I'm good for another 45 years at least. In fact I'm going to hold out for a telegram so I can send it back and tell whichever monarch we have (probably still Liz!!) to shove it... :) 

In real world, I have no idea have you pair have ever met. Brownie points if you can pick out @Mindimoo

12 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

I got a row the last time I talked about her from your Mrs. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

You just think you are, I  will have you dealt with if it is threatening. :lol:

Flatty, Lamia and Andymac reflecting on the old days brings a tear to my eye!

Like others, I've met some cracking people through this forum, some of whom are now friends and it's been a great help when planning trips away and arranging to meet folk in strange cities. I'm one of the guilty ones and haven't really posted in the last year or so, reducing the traffic to the site, but it was always nice to know it was there. Hopefully a phoenix forum can be set up instead.