Tambs for the memories - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tambs for the memories

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

I just remembered the thread where Thplinth and FE spend ages arguing over whether Thplinth had saw an eagle or not :lol: 

It was both FE and calmac.

My recollection was the thread started out with someone asking the best way to drive somewhere. Thplinth posted a route that took longer but as he said it had better scenery. FE said his route would take ages and it was shit or something, thplinth pointed out that he had already said it was a slow way but the reason he posted it was he saw a stag and also an Eagle on a branch that way. Faced with admitting his mistake and he had read wrong FE instead swung the goal-posts around to it wasn't an Eagle but likely a Buzzard , Calmac became involved as did I.

Flat Earth always reminds me of dividing by zero. I must have about 750 posts dedicated to that topic alone.

Ha ha ha ha - I mind that well!

Was sorry to hear about the TAMB.  Haven't followed it in ages, so don't know what it's been like, but it was fair going downhill when I was last on.  Still, will only ever remember it fondly.

Many a laugh me & Soarsa / Fat Man / Flora MacDonald used to have coming back from the boozer on a Friday afternoon & winding folk up.  Also met loads of good folk via the TAMB either on away trips or when folk used to get together for a few pints in town.

Times have moved on, but the TAMB was brilliant back in the day for away trips & it's just a shame it's lost its way more recently. 

57 minutes ago, phart said:

Flat Earth always reminds me of dividing by zero. I must have about 750 posts dedicated to that topic alone.

Without restarting the debate, dividing by zero is impossible, right? 

18 hours ago, phart said:

johnniex with the darth vader zip up jacket

EDIT: here it is i think s-l225.jpg

Ah the good old days. Just heard about the demise of this institution. 

Phart is bang on. It  still hanging up in my cupboard, arrived safely from Hong Kong. A legit price of merchandise. 

On 9/7/2017 at 1:13 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

The Rangers fan who used to finish off every post with "Still Smiling :)"..... can't remember his name now. Often thought of him when Rangers died.

GIMac?

1 hour ago, johnnie x said:

Ah the good old days. Just heard about the demise of this institution. 

Phart is bang on. It  still hanging up in my cupboard, arrived safely from Hong Kong. A legit price of merchandise. 

I've just realised you're the cartoon cat man. :wave:

1 minute ago, johnnie x said:

I was. I think it was Choo Choo? :unsure:

As an aficionado of Top Cat along with The Double Deckers members (for quizzing purposes years ago) i confirm you were

I had Brains as mine for a bit in the days of limited avatars

35 minutes ago, fringo said:

:lol:

You know I'm right though. :P

Math is a creeping americanism. It was always mathS, as in mathematicS. But why isn't it arithmeticS??? This bugs me. They can't both be right, but I'm not changing now...