Gonna miss this place - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gonna miss this place

bonny78

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Was about to say as much. A subscription  to a private board may work.

J

I'd be up for that.  It would be great if in some way it could be saved.  I've enjoyed TAMB since I stumbled across it several years ago.  I've valued the chance to rant and rave about the national team (that alone has probably saved my sanity and my marriage!).  There's been some great advice, particularly in the travel section and I shall miss it if it goes. The only other football site I'm on (rarely nowadays) is Follow Follow, so this place is a place of considerable sanity in comparison.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

There's a thread on Pie and Bovril about the TAMB closing.

Safe to say we're not welcome there...

The main reason I binned it a few years ago when I found this place. Just checked yesterday and my old log in details still work OK, but with using the same user name as here, I suppose it wouldn't be long before the trolling started from the "I hate the Tartan army more than the rest of you" brigade.:lol:

Hopefully a rescue package can be sorted for this forum (which I will happily be part of to the best of my ability!) so it will save the poor wee mites over at P&B having to be subjected to the horrors of us!

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

There's a thread on Pie and Bovril about the TAMB closing.

Safe to say we're not welcome there...

The TAMB has always been the pinnacle and streets ahead of that cesspit which has 50 Parklife's to our one ....

Id even take his side against any of the roasters on there FFS

The TAMB is/was indeed a family of sorts that could never be matched which is why the jealousy

Edited by Ally Bongo

I would like to again say thank you to the people who have ran this board and the posters on it. It has been a place I have visited for years and feel that it had a good quality of person posting and the discussions were always interesting and conducted in a respectful manner. If it can be saved then I will be more than happy to contribute towards costs.

5 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I would like to again say thank you to the people who have ran this board and the posters on it. It has been a place I have visited for years and feel that it had a good quality of person posting and the discussions were always interesting and conducted in a respectful manner. If it can be saved then I will be more than happy to contribute towards costs.

Confirmed: McCaughey pledges 300 notes a month. 

;)

Sad news indeed. Thanks to the MODS and Admin for your efforts over the years. 

The down turn in traffic has been compounded due to having only 2 away games this year. When we had 6 last year.

Over the years the TAMB has saved me a lot of money with good travel advice and it has been nice to see like minded people helping each other out.

I for one, would be more than happy to pay an annual subscription to maintain the existing TAMB or   contribute to a new project.

I would be happy to "spend money to save money" in the long run.

Sad news!

I suppose the fact i haven't been on for ages is due to the fact other platforms give the info i need.

Sign of the times as social media moves fast.

Would like to thank everybody for running the TAMB over the years and all the helpful posts.

all the best and lets hope we get a result against Slovakia setting us up for a cracking last game.

Same, just read that its on its way out. Remember getting ridiculously excited for games on here in my late teens playing Runrig and talking to other fans about the team selection and upcoming travel plans. Was ace. Must have been about through the ages of 17-19 years of age and maybe a little less frequent thereafter. I turned 30 the other day. Shame to see it go.  

There is a chance it wont die, but it might have to change a wee bit to keep it alive.

One of the main priorities is to keep as much of the content as possible.. remains to be seen if we can actually port this exact board with all the posts and users intact, but that's obviously be the number one option.

hopefully the very worst option is that we have to set up a new board, and everyone has to reregister. to me that's pretty crap as an option and i'm sure we'd lose some faces if that were the case as even what might seem like a reasonably small inconvenience impacts on peoples willingness. If we do end up having to do a new board, hopefully we can retain the address (http://tartanarmyboard.co.uk) so everyone can find it easily enough, and try to port over as much of the content as possible (starting with the travel stuff).

Whatever happens, there will be a period of sorting stuff out. 2 weeks is not a lot of time to make things happen, especially with the existence of 'real life'. fingers crossed this isnt the end tho. :)

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:58 AM, northernscum said:

The main reason I binned it a few years ago when I found this place. Just checked yesterday and my old log in details still work OK, but with using the same user name as here, I suppose it wouldn't be long before the trolling started from the "I hate the Tartan army more than the rest of you" brigade.:lol:

Hopefully a rescue package can be sorted for this forum (which I will happily be part of to the best of my ability!) so it will save the poor wee mites over at P&B having to be subjected to the horrors of us!

I've posted on both forums for years with the same username and never had any issues.

I'd say it's more cliquey on here actually!

• 2 weeks later...