Jump to content

Recommended Posts

DO we think it will sell out?

 

Looks like they are doing the usual trick of selling it section by section to increase demand not look half empty on TV etc. Prices are a f&%king joke but as I’m up with work I’ll part with the cash.

Did anyone else notice when watching the Malta game on TV you could easily be fooled into thinking there was a crowd of about 40k in the stadium if you didn't look to closely. I think this is why they are selling tickets in sections, pretty cynical in my opinion, you can end up with a crap seat because it looks like better sections are sold out on the ticket site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kmcca5 said:

DO we think it will sell out?

 

 

 

Looks like they are doing the usual trick of selling it section by section to increase demand not look half empty on TV etc. Prices are a f&%king joke but as I’m up with work I’ll part with the cash.

 

Did anyone else notice when watching the Malta game on TV you could easily be fooled into thinking there was a crowd of about 40k in the stadium if you didn't look to closely. I think this is why they are selling tickets in sections, pretty cynical in my opinion, you can end up with a crap seat because it looks like better sections are sold out on the ticket site.

 

It seems common sense in my opinion. Better with the crowd in one area than spread everywhere. Easier to police/steward too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some attractive options that would steer the crowd towards capacity, although I think a sell out is optimistic 

  • Thursday night, easier to accommodate than a Monday / Tuesday for most folk
  • Quality opposition
  • The match has massive significance and importance to the campaign
  • Last home game of the campaign 

Whatever happens it'll be some night in a few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sporranmaster said:

Can't see it being a sell out, especially as Scotrail trains going north from Glasgow going to have part journey covered by buses -

unbelievable (no, typical) !!!

 

Would that be a problem? I wouldnt imagine there's many trains after 1030pm anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sporranmaster said:

Can't see it being a sell out, especially as Scotrail trains going north from Glasgow going to have part journey covered by buses -

unbelievable (no, typical) !!!

 

Shocking, they should arrange their engineering works around Scotland games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

Did anyone else notice when watching the Malta game on TV you could easily be fooled into thinking there was a crowd of about 40k in the stadium if you didn't look to closely. I think this is why they are selling tickets in sections, pretty cynical in my opinion, you can end up with a crap seat because it looks like better sections are sold out on the ticket site.

The main camera is in the south stand which is the biggest and is always the emptiest as the tickets are the most expensive so the camera always faces the busiest stands. 

Whether that's done on purpose or not I don't know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

North Stand virtually sold out. Started moveing into section A in West Stand. I like the SS upper. That is always last to open up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveHFC said:

Looking like West Stand and South Lower will be sold out soon. Can see this being a sell out. 

It will be a disgrace if we don't get at least 48,000 in the door. Slovakia won't bring that many so I doubt it will be a total sell out but high 40 thousands would do.

This is our biggest game for years I would say. Some people might say the Poland game at the same stage of the last canpaign was as big but things weren't in our own hands then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, northernscum said:

What numbers are Slovakia likely to take in the way of fans, 500, 1000? 

Thats what they probably had at the home game in Bratislava !!!!!!. I was shocked at their home support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doric said:

Thats what they probably had at the home game in Bratislava !!!!!!. I was shocked at their home support.

Are you sure you went to the right match ? I went to Trnava. :D:D

Ice hockey is the main sport over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Are you sure you went to the right match ? I went to Trnava. :D:D

Ice hockey is the main sport over there.

LOL So it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, McDange said:

There are some attractive options that would steer the crowd towards capacity, although I think a sell out is optimistic 

  • Thursday night, easier to accommodate than a Monday / Tuesday for most folk
  • Quality opposition
  • The match has massive significance and importance to the campaign
  • Last home game of the campaign 

Whatever happens it'll be some night in a few weeks. 

will definetaly be a sell out surely

 

if not then whats the point anymore

 

its our biggest game since Italy at hampden in 2007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/09/2017 at 10:26 AM, scottincarlisle said:

How many travelled to Wembley ? 

 

On 08/09/2017 at 11:30 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

 Looked about 3k or so.

There's a lot of Slovaks living in the UK, London in particular.  We'll see how many make the trip....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/09/2017 at 0:55 PM, Bino's said:

its our biggest game since Italy at hampden in 2007

It's a biggie alright, but no more so than the games against the Dutch or the Czechs....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ticket website is a joke - only single tickets left yet tons of sections yet to go on sale.

Quite poor the way they open up the sections ain't it. If one is nearly full just open up the next ffs. Sfa of all people should be expecting a sell out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Quite poor the way they open up the sections ain't it. If one is nearly full just open up the next ffs. Sfa of all people should be expecting a sell out. 

To the untrained eye it looks like almost a sell out. I'd imagine quite a few non regulars have been on and seen only single seats left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×