Murrayfield - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Murrayfield

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Not sure how it was for the football but I could hear the noise yesterday. Unusual as I can't usually hear Murrayfield crowds from my house. Thought that was to do with the distance but obviously more about the rugby/football noise. Decent game too by all accounts.

16,000 'home' fans clapping with 6 fingers is sure to raise the noise level up a decibel or two

:guitar:

13 hours ago, Debian said:

Hearts are reportedly charging £40 for Rangers - Budge had offered us 25k tickets.

shite from you as usual?. The Huns will be charged the same as Aberdeen and will be offered the same amount of tickets too.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Not sure how it was for the football but I could hear the noise yesterday. Unusual as I can't usually hear Murrayfield crowds from my house. Thought that was to do with the distance but obviously more about the rugby/football noise. Decent game too by all accounts.

Where do you stay like?

On 9/9/2017 at 8:58 PM, Debian said:

Hearts are reportedly charging £40 for Rangers - Budge had offered us 25k tickets.

This could be a chance for Rangers fans to hold another record for the highest Attendance. 

I mind when they started in the 4th Division they filled Hampden to make a record for a 4th division attendance.

I am sure they have the record for each of the other divisions ..

Fill Murrayfield and have the highest attendance in the top one as well......

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm guessing this is absolutely sh1te?

I think the first part is - but we will see.  I read something similar to the 2nd part, but I believe that has changed now and capped at 10k, but again, we will see.

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd be amazed if they charge £40, shocking if true.

Aye, I hope so.  One of the cons of the way we do our away allocation is if something like this happens.  If we get given 10k at £40, then the money is guaranteed, because when we sign up we agree to take a ticket if allocated one, so its an instant sale of all tickets.  You can opt out once (maybe twice) a season I think, but not sure when that has to be done by.  I don't think they would do it, probably just a rumour.

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Aye, I hope so.  One of the cons of the way we do our away allocation is if something like this happens.  If we get given 10k at £40, then the money is guaranteed, because when we sign up we agree to take a ticket if allocated one, so its an instant sale of all tickets.  You can opt out once (maybe twice) a season I think, but not sure when that has to be done by.  I don't think they would do it, probably just a rumour.

That would be pretty bad form. As much as I dislike Rangers and Celtic, charging £40 for an SPL game is daylight robbery (I know Celtic and Rangers already charge each other £49.)

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That would be pretty bad form. As much as I dislike Rangers and Celtic, charging £40 for an SPL game is daylight robbery (I know Celtic and Rangers already charge each other £49.)

Yep, disgusting.  The clubs make a lot of money out of that though, so don't think it will stop.  The fans on the other hand, are fleeced for the away game and the only losers.  Both clubs make a small fortune out of it compared to their other visiting fans throughout the season.  

55 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I think the first part is - but we will see.  I read something similar to the 2nd part, but I believe that has changed now and capped at 10k, but again, we will see.

Going by where home fans were sitting on Saturday, unless they move them all again, 25k isn't possible. I doubt murrayfield would have the ability to have separate turnstiles available to let fans into other stands also. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

Going by where home fans were sitting on Saturday, unless they move them all again, 25k isn't possible. I doubt murrayfield would have the ability to have separate turnstiles available to let fans into other stands also. 

That was one of the reasons i read mate when i heard 30k then 10k.  What was it like for football DD?  not heard anything bad yet.

Just now, BlueGaz said:

That was one of the reasons i read mate when i heard 30k then 10k.  What was it like for football DD?  not heard anything bad yet.

Was better than I thought, higher than I usually watch a game from. We were row jj in the top tier, directly on the penalty spot. I haven't watched the game back again, so can't say for sure what the atmosphere sounded like, didn't really hear hearts fans, but that's not to say our noise just didn't disappear out the ground, the same maybe true for them. Not a great deal of leg room, I would say. Also plenty options for food at half time with all the vans out the back, but probably best to miss 10 mins or so of 1st half if you're desperate to eat as queues were mad. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Was better than I thought, higher than I usually watch a game from. We were row jj in the top tier, directly on the penalty spot. I haven't watched the game back again, so can't say for sure what the atmosphere sounded like, didn't really hear hearts fans, but that's not to say our noise just didn't disappear out the ground, the same maybe true for them. Not a great deal of leg room, I would say. Also plenty options for food at half time with all the vans out the back, but probably best to miss 10 mins or so of 1st half if you're desperate to eat as queues were mad. 

Aye, aware of the leg room from rugby games i have been to.  I think Shed mentioned that the noise was loud and he doesnt normally hear it from Rugby games.  Sounded ok on the tele.