This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 139 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Apologies for the shameless hijacking of a Scottish football thread, but I felt the need to mention that Man City failed to score at home for the first time since finding a few billion down the back of the sofa.

I thought I'd share a photo of me waiting for the train home.

tenor.gif?itemid=6190405

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

If it's only me that thinks the one on Forrest is ten times worse than the one on Brown then i must be watching a different game

He has hardly any weight/power on his foot going through Brown's thighs 

The Forrest one wasn't even a foul. He hooked his foot round the ball and took it clean. The Brown one he slipped and wasn't even looking at Brown. 

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I feel that the disallowed Hearts goal should have stood.

Correct and celtics first goal was offside but that's just another day playing one of the weegie twins. Thought it was a good game but Hearts struggled for a lot of the 2nd half with Mitchell and adao not being fully fit. 

13 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

If it's only me that thinks the one on Forrest is ten times worse than the one on Brown then i must be watching a different game

I can see why the ref never blew for the Forrst one as it probably looked like a 50/50 from his angle but the assistant must of had a good view of him standing on his ankle. The stamp on Brown was inexcusable 

4 hours ago, dipped flake said:

The Brown one he slipped and wasn't even looking at Brown. 

I don’t usually side with Celtic or Brown, but Naismith can be a nasty wee bastard too, he absolutely knew what he was doing with the Brown one.

You could maybe give the benefit of the doubt on the Forrest one.

5 hours ago, dipped flake said:

The Forrest one wasn't even a foul. He hooked his foot round the ball and took it clean. The Brown one he slipped and wasn't even looking at Brown. 

My take... Both were fouls.

4 hours ago, dipped flake said:

Correct and celtics first goal was offside...

My take... On side.

14 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t usually side with Celtic or Brown, but Naismith can be a nasty wee bastard too, he absolutely knew what he was doing with the Brown one.

You could maybe give the benefit of the doubt on the Forrest one.

I’m with you. Brown is a cunt. But both Naismith’s challenges were cowardly. He’s a dirty wee bastard.

Massive game at Pittodrie this evening for McInnes and his team. They need to be brave and perform. A win is the only acceptable result. 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Massive game at Pittodrie this evening for McInnes and his team. They need to be brave and perform. A win is the only acceptable result. 

Gutted that I may not manage to attend tonight :banghead:

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Not sure what your form has been like the last couple of weeks, but we all know ours has been atrocious.  Picked up a wee bit on Saturday, but nothing to write home about.  Looking forward to it.  Just can't see us winning this, 2nd could be almost sorted tonight - I think you will get at least a point on Sunday.  

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

A draw at Pittodrie tonight and in the Embra derby would really up the stakes in the Hibs - Rangers game, with either side potentially able to finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th!

If it turns out all 3 could finish in either position still, on Sunday, it will be about as exciting a day of games I can remember.  Can't remember the last time I had to listen to the radio during one of our own games.  The excitement and nerves will be a nightmare 😁

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Gutted that I may not manage to attend tonight :banghead:

I can't go either :(

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Never a red card in a million years.

Correct. 

18 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Not sure what your form has been like the last couple of weeks, but we all know ours has been atrocious.  Picked up a wee bit on Saturday, but nothing to write home about.  Looking forward to it.  Just can't see us winning this, 2nd could be almost sorted tonight - I think you will get at least a point on Sunday.  

If we beat you tonight we're guaranteed at least 3rd. While Rangers will be looking to beat Hibs on Sunday and get 3rd for themselves, which would leave us 2nd. We're certainly due a result and a performance vs Rangers, hopefully that'll be tonight. Be good if Kenny McLean signed off with a winning goal in his final home game for us.                                                                                                   

Guest BlueGaz
35 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If we beat you tonight we're guaranteed at least 3rd. While Rangers will be looking to beat Hibs on Sunday and get 3rd for themselves, which would leave us 2nd. We're certainly due a result and a performance vs Rangers, hopefully that'll be tonight. Be good if Kenny McLean signed off with a winning goal in his final home game for us.                                                                                                   

Def due a performance, can't deny that.  Where is McLean going to?

Seen, Norwich. 

Edited by BlueGaz

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm not confident at all, mcinnes and the players give this rangers team too much respect..... time for that to change.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

If it turns out all 3 could finish in either position still, on Sunday, it will be about as exciting a day of games I can remember.  Can't remember the last time I had to listen to the radio during one of our own games.  The excitement and nerves will be a nightmare 😁

Actually yeah best results for a grandstand finish would be wins for Rangers and Hibs, then all 3 teams could finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th :o 

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Actually yeah best results for a grandstand finish would be wins for Rangers and Hibs, then all 3 teams could finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th :o 

The ticker will struggle on Sunday if thats the case.  😨

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

We certainly won't get anything on Sunday. Sadly can't see us winning tonight either (Hibs seem to have the energy & pace going forward we had a couple of years back). With GMS out I imagine we'll be easy enough to defend against unless Christie finds some form again. Could do with May & Stewart stepping up and showing what they used to have as well.

6 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

We certainly won't get anything on Sunday. Sadly can't see us winning tonight either (Hibs seem to have the energy & pace going forward we had a couple of years back). With GMS out I imagine we'll be easy enough to defend against unless Christie finds some form again. Could do with May & Stewart stepping up and showing what they used to have as well.

In that case it could be a 0-0 nail biter because we are pretty rank just now.