This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 90 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

McGinns goal is much better. I'd question the keeper on the first one as the ball is pretty central in the goal. 

He should have saved it but he's obviously just not been ready. 

Mcginns goal is better all round, but not often do you get a centre half ripping one from 35-40 yards. 

When he picked it up, we could all tell what he intended, the whole of section Y collectively went, “Don’t even think about it” :rollsmile:

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

McGinns goal is much better.

Chuffed with the 2 highlight reel goals today, but McKenna's takes it.

Both McKenna's goals were out of necessity were AFC going to win. McGinn had the luxury of knowing his team was a goal up when he went on the break.

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'd question the keeper on the first one as the ball is pretty central in the goal. 

He should have saved it but he's obviously just not been ready. 

Ridiculous (but not surprising since you're a rival).

A keeper can be 'Ready', :wave:, get there, and still not make the save...

McKenna's shot had tremendous power, velocity, and 'movement'.

The only thing that was going to stop that shot was a brick wall (and even then... )

Tommy Wright scathing of his players. His exact words are that he has perhaps been too loyal to some of his players and after being let down time and again he will be making at least 5-6 changes. 

It’s not like him to go public like that but it looks like his gloves are off with the lazy bastards. We are now in a relegation fight and it’s crazy after our past success 

8 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm not having Griffiths running across to apologise to Hibs fans for scoring! Fair enough if you don't want to celebrate but noo we're apologising fur it......fuck right off!

He walked, and he was explaining that it wasn't him that actually scored as the Hi-Bee defender hoofed the ball into his own net.

I think my favourite part of today was the kille keeper caught in camera saying “wow”

Im unsure if I’ve said this already, it’s my last drink before my 3 month health and fitness course, so I’m making the most of it. 

Conveniently forthearsehoed I go to games woth, I’m the official designated driver. 

Forsy stoo, Easter roD?, will be inetreesrimf, I’ve never seen that place sober

14 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Telt ye. 17 winless games in a row v Aberdeen :( 

In the first half looked like that run was ending. 

Aberdeen really poor after a decent enough first 15. Mulumbu ran the game in the 1st half. Was good but not as influential in the 2bd half.

Killie might have been better served pushing for a 2nd goal before half time rather than time waste to protect the lead as Aberdeen looked uncomfortable.

As soon as the equaliser went confidence returned and Aberdeen had most but not all of the 2nd half with Danny Rogers making a couple of good saves.

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Mcginns goal is better all round, but not often do you get a centre half ripping one from 35-40 yards. 

When he picked it up, we could all tell what he intended, the whole of section Y collectively went, “Don’t even think about it” :rollsmile:

Yep, there's rarely a centre half you'd trust shooting from that distance but he fairly rattled it. 

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Chuffed with the 2 highlight reel goals today, but McKenna's takes it.

Both McKenna's goals were out of necessity were AFC going to win. McGinn had the luxury of knowing his team was a goal up when he went on the break.

Ridiculous (but not surprising since you're a rival).

A keeper can be 'Ready', :wave:, get there, and still not make the save...

McKenna's shot had tremendous power, velocity, and 'movement'.

The only thing that was going to stop that shot was a brick wall (and even then... )

My comment has heehaw to do with the team I support. Your bigotry is blinding you again. 

I didn't say McKenna's goal wasn't good, I'd expect better from the keeper. 

It wasn't the most powerful shot and it wasn't moving that much in the air. 

Doesn't stop it being a cracking goal. 

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Tommy Wright scathing of his players. His exact words are that he has perhaps been too loyal to some of his players and after being let down time and again he will be making at least 5-6 changes. 

It’s not like him to go public like that but it looks like his gloves are off with the lazy bastards. We are now in a relegation fight and it’s crazy after our past success 

I'd heard the performance wasn't good but obviously Tommy is getting really tired of the standard just now. As you say he's not renowned for hammering his players like that. 

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I think my favourite part of today was the kille keeper caught in camera saying “wow”

Im unsure if I’ve said this already, it’s my last drink before my 3 month health and fitness course, so I’m making the most of it. 

Conveniently forthearsehoed I go to games woth, I’m the official designated driver. 

Forsy stoo, Easter roD?, will be inetreesrimf, I’ve never seen that place sober

3 months? Fanny. Took a look at yerself ffs.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

My comment has heehaw to do with the team I support. Your bigotry is blinding you again. 

Bigotry? Wtf :lol:

16 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm not having Griffiths running across to apologise to Hibs fans for scoring! Fair enough if you don't want to celebrate but noo we're apologising fur it......fuck right off!

Noticed that myself but had 20 quid on him scoring first so wasn't too fussed at the time :spin:

Could have had two before his goal. Was a top save from the Hibs keeper for the free kick.

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I disagree on the power part. The slow-mo replays don’t do it justice though. 

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I disagree on the power part. The slow-mo replays don’t do it justice though. 

You may be right Parky. I remember seeing some of Jorg Albertz rockets and they were always more impressive in person. 

I just think there was more skill involved in the other goal. 

Both were fit to win the game with. 

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That's quite the OTT completely unnecessary hair-trigger knee-jerk defence mechanism you have there. :lol:

I didn't say McKenna's goal wasn't good, I'd expect better from the keeper

Aye, if Superman were in goals.

The ball was 'thunderstruck' toward the middle of the goal and swerved toward the keeper's left.

You wouldn't be attempting to water it down if it were a Rangers goal.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Bigotry? Wtf :lol:

Exactly.

(Scraping the bottom of the barrel.)

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I just think there was more skill involved in the other goal.  

And a nice wee opinion it is , too. :)

(Was funny in his interview with McKenna saying that Boyd was egging him on to "shoot, shoot" as he attempted to close him down.)

19 hours ago, slasher said:

I've got nothing but hatred for him, he is a wee gnaff.