This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 64 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

3 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

😂😂😂

I didn't watch or listen to any of the game but I'm curious about your reaction. 

Is it not true or do you not care? 

If I did that to a complaint about the Orange Order songbook there'd be a cataclysmic eruption of fury on here. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I didn't watch or listen to any of the game but I'm curious about your reaction. 

If I did that to a complaint about the Orange Order songbook there'd be a cataclysmic eruption of fury on here. 

Definitely true, all i could pick up were something about the IRA then fuck the queen... 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It was true. I just find the faux offence funny.

Probably best if Giblet doesn't watch our game at Tynecastle this Sunday if he thought that was bad😂

Edited by Scotland Ever More

12 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Probably best if Giblet doesn't watch our game at Tynecastle this Sunday if he thought that was bad😂

Interesting. Only one person has mentioned the naughty singing yet when Rangers scumbags do it, this board hits full frothing offended status. Anyone would think this place was populated by hypocrites. 😀 

I was intending to watch the game but had to spend time doing family stuff. ☹️

Sounds like it was a good game. And sounds like we'll have our work cut out when we play the Hibs. 

57 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Interesting. Only one person has mentioned the naughty singing yet when Rangers scumbags do it, this board hits full frothing offended status. Anyone would think this place was populated by hypocrites. 😀 

I didn’t see/hear the game either.

I suspect there could be several reasons, hypocrisy definitely being one of them.

I think there’s also a much bigger grey area with the “folk songs” that the Celtic support sing, and quite honestly, you’d need a degree in Irish history to understand what they’re singing half the time. Unless they spell it out (incorrectly) on a bedsheet, it’s hard to be offended.

The Tiffany classic “we hate catholics, everybody hates Roman Catholics” lacks the same subtlety.

:lol:

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sounds like it was a good game. And sounds like we'll have our work cut out when we play the Hibs. 

I think there's a world of difference between rebel songs and singing about Scott Sinclair swinging from trees, to use the last naughty song I saw posted as an example. Perhaps most people agree and that's why nobody is frothing.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I didn’t see/hear the game either.

I suspect there could be several reasons, hypocrisy definitely being one of them.

I think there’s also a much bigger grey area with the “folk songs” that the Celtic support sing, and quite honestly, you’d need a degree in Irish history to understand what they’re singing half the time. Unless they spell it out (incorrectly) on a bedsheet, it’s hard to be offended.

The Tiffany classic “we hate catholics, everybody hates Roman Catholics” lacks the same subtlety.

:lol:

I agree with you that there's multiple reasons but to be honest I was bored and just fishing to see who reacted. 😀 

It's just a bit boring when the Offended gang turn up every 5 minutes and blame supporters like me for not fixing Scotlands cultural bigotry issues. 

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I think there's a world of difference between rebel songs and singing about Scott Sinclair swinging from trees, to use the last naughty song I saw posted as an example. Perhaps most people agree and that's why nobody is frothing.

Funnily enough I agree, however songs sung about murdering soldiers (or anyone for that matter) are every bit as bad. So you see there's hypocrisy in all of us, even you. 😉 

I always find it confusing that folk can direct racial chants or songs at opposition players when we have players of the same ethnic background playing for us. Takes a special kind of stupid in my opinion. 

37 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Funnily enough I agree, however songs sung about murdering soldiers (or anyone for that matter) are every bit as bad. So you see there's hypocrisy in all of us, even you. 😉 

I always find it confusing that folk can direct racial chants or songs at opposition players when we have players of the same ethnic background playing for us. Takes a special kind of stupid in my opinion. 

Who was singing about murdering soldiers, or anyone for that matter?

20 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

How will there be any Celtc fans at Tynecastle on Sunday? I thought you were all off to join the IRA??

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This is very true. I've been saying it for years. Anyone who says that Celtc aren't as bad as Rangers are in fact themselves a bigoted bastard. Two cheeks, same erse 

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Just leaving for Dingwall shortly......thermals at the ready....

Do NOT go the hotel just round from the stadium for food. I had Bridie, Chips and Beans once and I had a dose of haggis fritters for three days afterwards

Also got a bottle of something or other out the railway pub that smelt like it's been lying in a cellar covered in rats piss

Just don't go, the pies are shite anaw

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Who was singing about murdering soldiers, or anyone for that matter?

Nobody. I did point out I didn't see or hear the game. I was making a comparison with some of the old hits from the halfwit section of the Celtic support. 

Ready to welcome Rangers to Easter Road for the first time since the glorious Hampden victory.  3 games in a row Hibs have won 3-2.  28/1 for that scoreline either way tonight.

Cant beat midweek games under the lights, looking forward to this one.

Guest BlueGaz
49 minutes ago, giblet said:

Ready to welcome Rangers to Easter Road for the first time since the glorious Hampden victory.  3 games in a row Hibs have won 3-2.  28/1 for that scoreline either way tonight.

Cant beat midweek games under the lights, looking forward to this one.

Looking forward to it too for same reasons as you.  But I have had all optimism stripped from me over the last season and a half going into almost any game.  I did waiver and get all optimistic prior to the Hamilton game a few weeks ago and we got humped.