This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 47 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

Hopefully the SFA take note and he’s banned for a couple of games. 

Not a chance of that happening. Could you imagine the fall out if it had it been Celtic on the wrong end of that decision? They’d be demanding an inquiry and the sacking of Thomson.

Edited by vanderark14

Just now, Blackpool78 said:

So you saying his tackle in the first half was fine??

Nope, it was a bad tackle and a red card. 

It's fuck all justification for Sinclair being a cheating khunt though. Only a completely biased roaster would think it was :lol: 

7 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

Should have been sent before the Sinclair incident.......some people call it Karma

Looked a great hard but fair tackle at the time, but having seen it again, was a bit of a leg breaker. 😬

50 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Terrible challenge. Definite red. They should have been down to 10 men in the semi final as well. 

:lol::lol::lol:

8 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Have to be honest and say the dive put a bit of a dampener on the day for me.

It takes the shine off it a bit for Celtic, as it’s the main talking point.

It also completely finished the game. Motherwell had stifled the 1st half, but the 2nd half had been much better upto that point and could’ve been a decent game...

On another note, the atmosphere was pretty disappointing, there wasn’t much to shout about in the 1st half. Never heard a peep from the Celtic support before they went 2-0 up and even then, anything they did was Choreographed pish that most of them were too busy videoing before a wee self congratulatory round of applause.

Not exclusive to the Celtic support, think it’s a negative side effect of the ultras, that everyone leaves it to them to create any atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It takes the shine off it a bit for Celtic, as it’s the main talking point.

It also completely finished the game. Motherwell had stifled the 1st half, but the 2nd half had been much better upto that point and could’ve been a decent game...

On another note, the atmosphere was pretty disappointing, there wasn’t much to shout about in the 1st half. Never heard a peep from the Celtic support before they went 2-0 up and even then, anything they did was Choreographed pish that most of them were too busy videoing before a wee self congratulatory round of applause.

Not exclusive to the Celtic support, think it’s a negative side effect of the ultras, that everyone leaves it to them to create any atmosphere.

The atmosphere where I was behind the GB was fine to be fair.

1 hour ago, Blackpool78 said:

Not even mentioned the Sinclair incident yet was just saying it was karma for his shocking challenge in the first half which he should have walked for

You replied directly to a post about the Sinclair incident and called it "karma". :lol: 

Yes Sinclair went down very easily never said otherwise and the point I was making the guy should already have been red carded for his challenge in the first half, I am not trying to justify what happened with Sinclair at all hopefully a couple of games on the sidelines will be his reflection on his decision 

Edited by Blackpool78
grammar police lol

6 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Yes Sinclair went down very easily never said otherwise and the point I was making the guy should already have been red carded for his challenge in the first half, I am not trying to justify what happened with Sinclair at all hopefully a couple of games on the sidelines will be his reflection on his decision 

Sinclair and Celtic won't give a monkeys if he's suspended for two matches. They've won the cup, celtic could win their league matches easily without him and he's still ok to play against Anderlecht. The only losers here are Motherwell.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Sinclair and Celtic won't give a monkeys if he's suspended for two matches. They've won the cup, celtic could win their league matches easily without him and he's still ok to play against Anderlecht. The only losers here are Motherwell.

Who were already losing in the match 

Just now, Blackpool78 said:

Who were already losing in the match 

and? neither you or I know whether they could have got back into it. What we do know is the match was a contest prior to the penalty, after the incident it was all over. Teams like Motherwell have less resources than Celtic so they are already up against it, a bit like the gulf between Celtic and PSG, the referee giving Celtic a helping hand makes it more than a mountain to climb. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

and? neither you or I know whether they could have got back into it. What we do know is the match was a contest prior to the penalty, after the incident it was all over. Teams like Motherwell have less resources than Celtic so they are already up against it, a bit like the gulf between Celtic and PSG, the referee giving Celtic a helping hand makes it more than a mountain to climb. 

Did you have this fake outrage after the semi final when Celtic had a worse decision than yesterday?? Or did not suit your agenda like this one does