This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

There's that terrible player again O Halloran scoring once again. The laddie's just not good enough. :rolleyes:

He's a good player for St Johnstone but he was a failure at Ibrox, was given numerous chances but fell short at a bigger club with bigger expectations. 

I'm sure Rangers are quite happy he's doing well now, they got rid of a player who flopped yet he's increasing his value when he's sold on. 

Hearts started by kicking every thing in sight (expected), then could've easily won by 3 or 4 if it wasn't for Joe Lewis (unexpected)

Aberdeen were absolutely rank today, quite possibly the worst I've seen us in Mcinnes' reign, a point for us was an absolute steal  

Laugherty got a hearty reception from the away section too (fully expected) :lol:

Edited by dandydunn
I forgot how shit we really were

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Anyone want to say it? Go on then I will......the sheep shit their pants once again. How many times does this need to happen before perma tan gets questioned?

I would like to completely distance myself from Macy's shameless fishing expedition lol ???

First twenty minutes or so at Murrayfield was all Aberdeen, we lacked shape and were in danger of getting overrun in midfield. Whether it was the players or Levein that sorted it I've no idea but we began to match Aberdeen physically in the latter part of the first half and then pressed a lot higher in the second half. The players look fitter and sharper than they did under Cathro. Pretty muchdominated the second half and really should have won against what looks (solely based on yesterday) a fairly ordinary Aberdeen side. Lewis had a couple of excellent saves to be fair, he's a good keeper.

Edited by Pool Q

9 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

First twenty minutes or so at Murrayfield was all Aberdeen, we lacked shape and were in danger of getting overrun in midfield. Whether it was the players or Levein that sorted it I've no idea but we began to match Aberdeen physically in the latter part of the first half and then pressed a lot higher in the second half. The players look fitter and sharper than they did under Cathro. Pretty muchdominated the second half and really should have won against what looks (solely based on yesterday) a fairly ordinary Aberdeen side. Lewis had a couple of excellent saves to be fair, he's a good keeper.

Fairly accurate account of the game.

Thought ref a bit lenient in the first 30 mins with his cards as Hearts struggled with Aberdeen's movement.

After Lewis made his 1st save Hearts seemed to sense they were in the game and were the better side from there on in. Aberdeen just stopped playing and were guilty encouraging Hearts with slack passing and over playing it when they did move forward. 

In the end a decent point for us but we could maybe should've been a couple ahead very early on but just weren't clinical enough in the attacking areas.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

2 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Fairly accurate account of the game.

Thought ref a bit lenient in the first 30 mins with his cards as Hearts struggled with Aberdeen's movement.

After Lewis made his 1st save Hearts seemed to sense they were in the game and were the better side from there on in. Aberdeen just stopped playing and were guilty encouraging Hearts with slack passing and over playing it when they did move forward. 

In the end a decent point for us but we could maybe should've been a couple ahead very early on but just weren't clinical enough in the attacking areas.

It's pretty clear that trying to shoehorn Rooney in to the team beside May won't work. Hopefully McInnes saw that yesterday too. 

5 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hhhhhhmmmmmm.............not sure I would have expected a 'Rangers' fan to be a big fan of 'Roman' numerals.........600...........how many creditors got shafted when the Huns died ?

:lol: Armed Forces day at Ibrox to Killie being shite to Rangers dieing, all in 3 posts.  Pretty good.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Notice the circus was at ibrox yesterday.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Notice the circus was at ibrox yesterday.

Your desperation to be upset by Armed Forces Day at Ibrox is pathetic. 

Do you get upset when someone you don't know watches a TV programme you don't like? 

It's not my cup of tea but I don't get wound up by it. 

May even you need a cup of tea and a few episodes of the Bake Off to relax? ?

13 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Your desperation to be upset by Armed Forces Day at Ibrox is pathetic. 

Do you get upset when someone you don't know watches a TV programme you don't like? 

It's not my cup of tea but I don't get wound up by it. 

May even you need a cup of tea and a few episodes of the Bake Off to relax? ?

You seem upset.

I'm sure our brave troops had a great day, let's hope they left their bigotry at home this time.