This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

24 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Some rumours say it was quite serious too. Hopefully not.

Bloody hell. ?

Hopefully he gets the help he needs. It certainly sounds like things are definitely not going well. 

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Marky said:

They are obviously all still either hiding or gently weeping into their pillows Micky. :lol:

We absolutely destroyed them all over the park yesterday, but as you correctly say Morgan was the stand out. He tore them to shreds. 

I just hope we can hold onto him. I'd much rather lose him for nothing at the end of the season, than now for the usual insulting fee.

Aye mate  - If we are going to have any chance of promotion this year we need to hold on to him. I think Jack and the board know that too. We all know everyone has a price though...I just wonder what the magic number is for Saints.

20 minutes ago, Micky said:

Aye mate  - If we are going to have any chance of promotion this year we need to hold on to him. I think Jack and the board know that too. We all know everyone has a price though...I just wonder what the magic number is for Saints.

Judging by previous sales anything over £500k would be enough sadly. 

Looking forward to when St Mirren get back up so that I can go back to winding up my friends. ?

Currently have to just support them. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Judging by previous sales anything over £500k would be enough sadly. 

Looking forward to when St Mirren get back up so that I can go back to winding up my friends. ?

Currently have to just support them. 

Sadly true RB, although I really do think Morgan is extra special. If ever a St. Mirren player could command a half decent fee it should be him.

I've no idea if McInnes was approached by Rangers, or whether he'd take the job if he were. In general though the OF no longer seem to regard the rest the teams in Scotland as a source of prospective managers. It's fairly obvious they view themselves as being above that. I think McLeish was the last permanent appointment at Rangers from another Scottish club, maybe Burns at Celtic? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

There's that terrible player again O Halloran scoring once again. The laddie's just not good enough. :rolleyes:

It's not a case of whether he's good enough. Rangers and Celtic are expected to win every game.

Some very good players aren't able to succeed in that environment. Your man didn't do enough to prove that he could.

1 minute ago, Bobster said:

It's not a case of whether he's good enough. Rangers and Celtic are expected to win every game.

Some very good players aren't able to succeed in that environment. Your man didn't do enough to prove that he could.

Not one player in the current Hun team is good enough to take his place. Fact is, the Huns are a basket case. 

Not one player in the current Hun team is good enough to take his place. Fact is, the Huns are a basket case. 

How many goals has he scored this season?

As a comparison Morellos playing for the basket case 11 has 7 so far. 

On 28/08/2017 at 10:56 AM, Marky said:

On 28/08/2017 at 10:29 AM, Micky said:

Guest BlueGaz
11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

How many goals has he scored this season?

As a comparison Morellos playing for the basket case 11 has 7 so far. 

5? 

Edited by BlueGaz

If Tommy Wright honestly got the chance to pick any Hun to turn out for Saints in O Halloran's place I believe he'd turn the offer down. 

If Pedro Caixinha honestly got the chance to pick any Saint to turn out for the Huns in Daniel Candeias's place I believe he'd turn the offer down.

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, Bobster said:

If Pedro Caixinha honestly got the chance to pick any Saint to turn out for the Huns in Daniel Candeias's place I believe he'd turn the offer down.

•  

Sometimes players just don't fit, or at least there is always a better fit for them.  I watched O'Halloran get many chances and he just never delivered.  But its working for him at StJ and good luck to him.  The fact he has scored a few goals there is neither here nor there.  I don't subscribe to this "players need TLC" shite.  I just think he didn't want to be at Rangers, which is fair enough, move on and do the best you can elsewhere.  Morelos is delivering more than him at the moment, for their clubs, so the right decision IMO.

And the more he bangs in, the more £££s we may get.  Both clubs win.

Edited by BlueGaz

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Sometimes players just don't fit, or at least there is always a better fit for them.  I watched O'Halloran get many chances and he just never delivered.  But its working for him at StJ and good luck to him.  The fact he has scored a few goals there is neither here nor there.  I don't subscribe to this "players need TLC" shite.  I just think he didn't want to be at Rangers, which is fair enough, move on and do the best you can elsewhere.  Morelos is delivering more than him at the moment, for their clubs, so the right decision IMO.

And the more he bangs in, the more £££s we may get.  Both clubs win.

I think you've quoted the wrong person.

I agree with you and was inferring similar. :)

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Bobster said:

I think you've quoted the wrong person.

I agree with you and was inferring similar. :)

When I quote now i get multiple quotes and have to delete the ones i don't want. Fvcked it up :(