Manchester pubs - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Manchester pubs

thewolf_1980

I'm heading to Manchester for my brother's stag weekend on the 1st September so I'm looking for an appropriate pub in the centre of the city in which to watch our game v Lithuania that evening. It's on at the same time as Malta v England so most pubs will likely be showing that instead. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I'm heading to Manchester for my brother's stag weekend on the 1st September so I'm looking for an appropriate pub in the centre of the city in which to watch our game v Lithuania that evening. It's on at the same time as Malta v England so most pubs will likely be showing that instead. Any suggestions?

Not sure if it's still there but there used to a Bar Oz or at the bottom end of Deansgate  which had loads of screens and was good for watching the fitba.  There's also a Walkabout in The Printworks that will be along the same lines but likely to be Stag central.  As they're Aussie bars they might be a bit more sympathetic to your cause!!  If you want to move away from the Deansgate area you could do worse than the Tib St Tavern in the Northern Quarter (which I think is the best area in Manchester for pubs etc).  

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you've sourced a suitable boozer for the game yet Dave, but I watched Celtic getting humped by Barcelona last year in the Tib Street Tavern in the Northern Quarter.  They had several screens in the place, IIRC, so there's a good chance they'll have the game on.

On 28/08/2017 at 4:43 PM, scotlad said:

I don't know if you've sourced a suitable boozer for the game yet Dave, but I watched Celtic getting humped by Barcelona last year in the Tib Street Tavern in the Northern Quarter.  They had several screens in the place, IIRC, so there's a good chance they'll have the game on.

Thanks David, that's the 2nd shout for that one so I'll give them a phone. We are staying in the Northern Quarter so from what I can gather there's a few pub options!

58 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Thanks David, that's the 2nd shout for that one so I'll give them a phone. We are staying in the Northern Quarter so from what I can gather there's a few pub options!

There certainly is, the Norther Quarter's a great bit of town for pubs and bars.  There's a football museum nearby too, if you're looking for something to do during the day.

Enjoy!