Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

36 minutes ago, JECK said:

I'd be quite shocked if Robertson doesn't take the left back position within say 2 month. Moreno just isn't up to it and that will be evidenced in the next few weeks. If Milner goes back to left back and keeps Robbo benched then that indeed would be pretty crap transfer business by Klopp.

Moreno makes mistakes defensively but so does Robertson so it may be they swap fairly regularly after each of them has a poor game.  But Moreno is much better going forward: more comfortable on the ball, better at picking a pass, takes set-pieces and obviously has a strike on him.  They are equally as bad in the air.  So I'd reckon Moreno needs to have an absolute shocker before Robertson gets a start.  He'll probably get his first game in the League Cup.  Now Liverpool has most of its pacey players back in the team I doubt they'll unbalance it by selecting Milner at left-back again.

I wouldn't say Moreno is spectaculary better than Robertson going forward - the only bit of outstanding quality thst I've seen that would separate him from Robertson was the goal v spurs at white hart lane. 

Defensively yes Robertson has made mistakes but Moreno is an absolute bombscare and arguably the worst in the league in that respect. 

Edited by JECK

Forrest has pace, strength and great feet. What he lacks is a consistent football brain. That's why 60%+ of the time he ploughs into a dead end or runs the ball out if play. His plusses however mean that even when he makes the wrong choice, he gets the break or bobble of the ball and generally is a good asset in the pitch. Not the Armen Robben mkII we all wanted, but a decent winger nonetheless.

Edited by Rude Gullit

Like most wingers Forrest is hit or miss and Brendan Rodgers is the best manager in scotland...a few million quid more than everyone else helps as well.

Edited by allyc

18 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Forrest has pace, strength and great feet. What he lacks is a consistent football brain. That's why 60%+ of the time he ploughs into a dead end or runs the ball out if play. His plusses however mean that even when he makes the wrong choice, he gets the break or bobble of the ball and generally is a good asset in the pitch. Not the Armen Robben mkII we all wanted, but a decent winger nonetheless.

Strongly disagree he has great feet. Don't think I've ever seen him beat a man using skill with the ball at his feet, in fact his touch is absolutely shocking.  Yet it can't be denied he is consistently selected by various managers. 

On 17/08/2017 at 7:17 PM, Paulo2576 said:

Strongly disagree he has great feet. Don't think I've ever seen him beat a man using skill with the ball at his feet, in fact his touch is absolutely shocking.  Yet it can't be denied he is consistently selected by various managers. 

Agree on the above. Always find Forrest disappointing but I do like him. Fast but not exactly tricky. Has a bit of Hutton in him, in that if he's able to create a chance it's more through luck than intent.

I think the fact that 9 Scottish players played for Celtic today is a good thing. That 5 came through their youth set up and are being given a chance is also very promising. Hopefully we'll start seeing many more Scottish kids being given a chance throughout the league.

40 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Approx 37 mins into first half from BBC " Andy Robertson is having a terrific debut. "

He is!! Put 3 or 4 great crosses in but liverpool no strikers are not taking advantage. Hopefully Griffiths can in 2 weeks!!!

On 17/08/2017 at 0:57 AM, The Black Bra said:

Is Rodgers a top manager!?!

Discuss.

He's better than delia was, that's all anyone can say. At the moment he's a big fish in the tiniest of puddles, Celtic are so far ahead in terms of resources compared to anyone else it's impossible to say whether Rodgers is really any good.

I've heard journalists say this delias team, it's not. We shouldn't underestimate how good Sinclair, Dembele and Roberts are, they are arguably streets ahead of anything delia had or what anyone else in the league has. I agree that te majority are the same as what delia had and he gets more out of those players than delia ever did but he has also signed some amazing talent. 

Rodgers is indeed a talented Manager.

He did a good job at a club that have struggled to really feature in the league for a number of years. Prior to that did well with a provincial club.

To get Celtic to the league stages 2 years running proves what a good gaffer he is. 

9 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Rodgers is indeed a talented Manager.

He did a good job at a club that have struggled to really feature in the league for a number of years. Prior to that did well with a provincial club.

To get Celtic to the league stages 2 years running proves what a good gaffer he is. 

Agreed.

He has improved the level of performance of players already at the club.

He has been successful with his transfers.

His tactics are always good and he can change things quickly when needed.

He has brought a level of consistency I've never seen before at Celtic.

He is not afraid to use our talented youth players.

I'm so thankful Gerrard slipped as he wouldn't be with us now had Liverpool won the league back then.