Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 58 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

3 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

What has happened to Steven Fletcher?

I know hes nearly finished and was never that great for us anyway, but i cant even remember the last time i saw his name on Sheff Weds' teamsheet.

He'd be a reasonable pick for now until we find a few more options

Injured last three months, same as Bannan.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Drops from the Norwich bench to mid table SPL team guess he's found his level. Sorry to be so negative but I just associate him with 10 years of failure.

Not saying he is "the one", just the best back up to Griffiths. Naismith is just one of the many number 10's who have been forced to play striker in recent years. In his correct role I think he's very good.

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Not saying he is "the one", just the best back up to Griffiths. Naismith is just one of the many number 10's who have been forced to play striker in recent years. In his correct role I think he's very good.

I know your not, I just don't think experienced back up is better than back up with potential.

I dare say I will have stats thrown at me but I think compared with other countries it is a major fault of ours. Pretty sure we have had some of the highest average aged teams in Europe over the last few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Paterson and Cairney have scored again today. Would love to see them in the Prem next season to see how they get on.

Also, saw this article on Paterson: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-reveals-wont-actually-14419127

Do like Warnock's quote:

"When I signed him, I knew he would score six or seven goals as a full-back but what I didn’t know is that he can’t defend," laughed Warnock.

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Paterson and Cairney have scored again today. Would love to see them in the Prem next season to see how they get on.

Also, saw this article on Paterson: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-reveals-wont-actually-14419127

Do like Warnock's quote:

"When I signed him, I knew he would score six or seven goals as a full-back but what I didn’t know is that he can’t defend," laughed Warnock.

A lot of people on here no better than Warnock. I mean he did play right back for Hearts.

Another clean sheet for the uncapped Jordan Archer.

54 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Barry Douglas had another excellent game for Wolves.

How did he look in the week?

He got all of 26 minutes, but it's going to be hard to fit him in on the left hand side. 

Only way I can see him in is we play Tierney at right back in a back four which might suit the overall team better just not Tierney.

We will probably stick 3-5-2 even though we don't have a right wing back and Robertson is better at left back. But hey we beat Hungary 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Just looking at who scored.com and Ryan Fraser was in the team of the week. Funny thing is he was playing at right back! Problem solved?

First time he has played there this season

He's played in 8 different position this season in 17 appearances!

Interesting. It’s good to know he can play there if required.

Not sure if he’s the long term solution though but time will tell. 

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Just looking at who scored.com and Ryan Fraser was in the team of the week. Funny thing is he was playing at right back! Problem solved?

First time he has played there this season

He's played in 8 different position this season in 17 appearances!

Personally, I like him at left wing. If he plays in his best position, in the right system I think he could be our best player. 

10 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Personally, I like him at left wing. If he plays in his best position, in the right system I think he could be our best player. 

His best position is right wing, if he played there you wouldn’t be happy. 

10 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

He’s so clearly a right winger!

is him playing left wing to accommodate James Forrest? 

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He’s so clearly a right winger!

is him playing left wing to accommodate James Forrest? 

Better tell his boss that. He has played on the left more often than the right this season 

16 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Don't know how good he could be or were he should be. But unless that was a flash in the pan he is our best right back by a mile.  Would create massive problems on the left if we played a back four

On 3/31/2018 at 5:17 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Supposedly another motm performance by Robertson and set up winning goal

I see BBc says he was MOTM and involved in both goals http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43524303

I see he's in the squad for tomorrow's Champs League (but not necessarily tipped to start)

7 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Barry Douglas MOM

Robert Snodgrass and Tom Cairney both with big ratings again.

Our best team might not include one of Tireney or Robertson

Are you suggesting Douglas ahead of tierney and/or Robertson? Can’t see it. Even if he stays in the wolves team in the premiership next season then both KT and Robbo will still be playing at a higher level, let alone still being better players.

how many players have we had in the past who’ve been good in the championship and never made it for Scotland or at a higher level - snoddy is one who looks like a top end championship players and Ross McCormack too. Bit early to be suggesting we drop one of our two best players for a guy who may just be having a career season in england’s Second tier.

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

Are you suggesting Douglas ahead of tierney and/or Robertson? Can’t see it. Even if he stays in the wolves team in the premiership next season then both KT and Robbo will still be playing at a higher level, let alone still being better players.

how many players have we had in the past who’ve been good in the championship and never made it for Scotland or at a higher level - snoddy is one who looks like a top end championship players and Ross McCormack too. Bit early to be suggesting we drop one of our two best players for a guy who may just be having a career season in england’s Second tier.

Depends on the formation as far as I can see. I'm not suggesting Douglas is better, more that he might be a better wing back than the other two who are left backs like it or not. It' all back to the usual problem of how many and who we play out of position