Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 53 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

6 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

3 weeks? I've observed this forum for around 20years and posted under a different name years, and years ago. You're continual trumpeting of all things Celtic, is as boring, as it is unsurprising. You're one of these halfwits that think Tierney is better than Robertson no doubt

You've suggested Tait and Cadden. You really shouldn't be calling anyone a halfwit. Maybe best you go back to observing only. 

I was attempting to get a bit of banter with the Squirrel, over his slightly strange rager for Stephen O'Donnell (a player who in my opinion, is as good as we have available at right back, but not much better (if any) than Cadden or Tait)...he mentioned you, and I gave him my opinion. That you're not worth discussing anything with as, 99% of the time your examples relate to Celtic and how many times they've played (and got pumped) in the Champions League. You're completely blinkered...

Regards

A Usually Quiet Observer

11 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I was attempting to get a bit of banter with the Squirrel, over his slightly strange rager for Stephen O'Donnell (a player who in my opinion, is as good as we have available at right back, but not much better (if any) than Cadden or Tait)...he mentioned you, and I gave him my opinion. That you're not worth discussing anything with as, 99% of the time your examples relate to Celtic and how many times they've played (and got pumped) in the Champions League. You're completely blinkered...

Regards

A Usually Quiet Observer

So you agreed with me that O'Donnell isn't good enough but had a pop at me anyway. Gotcha. :ok:

45 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You can't make such a dumb comment without knowing an infinite amount of variables. They are both as good as each other depending on team mates,formation opposition etc

Indeed. It’s hardly a cold hard fact that Robertson is better than Tierney, and if I had to put money on who in ten years time will have been the better player I’d be siding with KT. Regardless there’s no point in trying to create division around 2 of our best players, both of whom every Scotland fan wants to see in the team at the same time.

On 08/03/2018 at 5:28 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Based on what I've seen of him and the views of Luton fans that saw him struggle in League 2.

Let's be honest, it's not the first time you've touted a Killie player for Scotland after a few decent matches. 

Jack Hendry couldn’t get a game for a woeful Wigan side that used to play Rob Kiernan at centre half, and had 2 woeful loan spells at Shrewsbury and MK Dons, yet your own St Brendan saw fit to pay a significant fee for a player that had 6 good months at Dundee.

My point is that Scottish players can make bad moves to English clubs at League 1 or League 2 level and look worse than they are because the style of football and structure of the league is so different, having a poor spell down south doesn’t mean you’re not cut out for a certain level.

im not saying O’Donnell is international level but writing a player off for a poor spell at Luton is silly and  with the trip to Central America coming up in May there’s worse right backs we could give a shot to in the squad.

6 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Jack Hendry couldn’t get a game for a woeful Wigan side that used to play Rob Kiernan at centre half, and had 2 woeful loan spells at Shrewsbury and MK Dons, yet your own St Brendan saw fit to pay a significant fee for a player that had 6 good months at Dundee.

My point is that Scottish players can make bad moves to English clubs at League 1 or League 2 level and look worse than they are because the style of football and structure of the league is so different, having a poor spell down south doesn’t mean you’re not cut out for a certain level.

im not saying O’Donnell is international level but writing a player off for a poor spell at Luton is silly and  with the trip to Central America coming up in May there’s worse right backs we could give a shot to in the squad.

You make a decent point about Hendry and Wigan but I will counter it with the following.

1. Wigan are a much better team than Luton. Without checking, weren't they in the Championship when Hendry was there. 

2. There is a big difference between teenager centre-backs and full-backs in their mid-twenties.

3. I don't think Jack Hendry should be getting called up. I'm not sure I've seen anyone else suggest it either. 

So...Good effort but you've not changed my mind. I still don't think he is good enough for Scotland. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

FFS things change.

Thierry Henry looked utter shite at Juventus, he was world class at Arsenal, sometimes players just dont work at certain clubs. Pick players based on current form, last month was a long time ago, let alone last season.

Guest MorayCupMan
5 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

and assist

Good to hear. Really hope he impresses today so he can get a run of games. 

10 minutes ago, fringo said:

I know but he's bagged a few from midfield. Good form.

I'm sure he also got a few as FB whilst at Hearts.

Definitely, good to see him banging the goals in. It is damned frustrating though that in some areas we have a good number of options worthy of a chance but other areas we are threadbare.