Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 39 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

36 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

I didn’t realise Harry Souttar had joined Ross County on loan. Not a great start for him but it’ll be good to see him getting game time.

Also signed a new deal with Stoke as well. Good chance for him to get more first team football

51 minutes ago, todd said:

No Robertson tonight. Squad rotation? Injured? Or just not foreign like Moreno? Either way if Moreno even manages one pass to one of his team mates tonight that'll be Robertson bombed out!

Don’t think it’s squad rotation. Looks like a full strength team other than Robertson.

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

Don’t think it’s squad rotation. Looks like a full strength team other than Robertson.

I disagree. Alexander-Arnold, Martip and Wijnaldum are not regular starters. Definitely squad rotation and Liverpool do have a league game in midweek. Liverpool's defence breached twice in three minutes at Anfield and they trail 2-1.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I disagree. Alexander-Arnold, Martip and Wijnaldum are not regular starters. Definitely squad rotation and Liverpool do have a league game in midweek. Liverpool's defence breached twice in three minutes at Anfield and they trail 2-1.

Youre speaking shite about that.

3 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I've no idea who any of the names, other than Robertson, actually are.

Youre not missing much, although Wijnaldum is very much a key player for them. I rarely watch non Scottish fitba now, but know about him.

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

Youre speaking shite about that.

Okay calm doon. The other two I would not call regulars and Liverpool haveva crunch league game in midweek. It is common sense to think Klopp will do a bit of squad rotation in places to his team. To think otherwise and that Robertson is axed is daft and typical Scottish fans thinking.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

3 hours ago, JECK said:

Jaw dropper that. Can't make out what Aberdeen player it is in the bottom right of the picture after it hits the net but his reaction says it all. 

Some strike. My lip reading isn’t great but think keeper also says ‘wow’!

55 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Another clean sheet for a Hanley inspired Norwich defence and another blank for goal machine Steven Naismith yesterday.

Hanley is murder, we have about 6 young Scottish CB’s who deserve to be picked ahead of him; Lindsay, McCrorie, Souttar, McKenna, Bates & Hendry

26 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Hanley is murder, we have about 6 young Scottish CB’s who deserve to be picked ahead of him; Lindsay, McCrorie, Souttar, McKenna, Bates & Hendry

You say that but I think if Hanley was at the same club at any of those 6, he would be in the starting XI, and in most cases, ahead of those 6 players. 

25 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

You say that but I think if Hanley was at the same club at any of those 6, he would be in the starting XI, and in most cases, ahead of those 6 players. 

Not saying he wouldn’t be starting at those clubs.

He’s made so many errors for Scotland its time to look at New players now. 

29 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

That might be true but Berra and mulgrew are better defenders imo and guys like Lindsay and souttar have potential to play a higher level than Hanley so the best option is to keep Berra and mulgrew and bring in a couple of youngsters like McKenna and souttar. Saying that if Hanley starts producing decent form in the championship he should defo get in the squad. Alot of ppl use him as a whipping boy but reality is he isn't as bad as ppl make out especially as the hope was he would progress as he got older which he hasn't really. When he was at Blackburn at 21/22 it was the hope he would develop and play at a higher level, sadly he doesn't really have the concentration and ability to read the game in order to play at a high level.