Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 27 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

2 hours ago, SpiderAlba said:

As much as I love Snoddy's constant effort and the fact he obviously loves playing for Scotland, I think he's noticeably in decline now as a player - the goal against Slovenia aside.

I probably wouldn't pick him any longer, especially as we have so many options in midfield to choose from.

Joint highest scorer in last campaign.......

9 minutes ago, stocky said:

Joint highest scorer in last campaign.......

True. However three of those goals were against the might of Malta.

I'd rather see what Ryan Fraser, Callum McGregor, Tom Cairney and Ryan Christie can offer us.

Edited by SpiderAlba

1 minute ago, SpiderAlba said:

True. However three of those goals were against the might of Malta.

I'd rather see what Ryan Fraser, Callum McGregor, Tom Cairney and Ryan Christie can offer us.

Cannae disagree with that.....  especially the first two.......

7 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Problem with Snodgrass is that he uses his brute strength before he uses his brain and goes in to too many challenges - most of which he wins but eventually he gets himself injured as some he should jockey rather than challenge. Since coming  back from injury he can still put himself about a bit but has generally lost the touch he ahd before when scorign regularly (his goal v Slovenia was more down to his energy). He has lost free-kick duties at Villa to Hourihane and tends to be subbed. Going to Villa v Sheff Utd on Saturday so will see how he (and Fleck) does.

Fleck did well v Derby at Bramell lane at the start of the season. Kept it simple and was always free to take a pass.  

Snodgrass kept on coming short and looking to pass it infield rather than take Forsyth on. Mind you, he was the same with Hull a few seasons ago. 

He seems frustrated that he is not the creative force he once was. 

I've got the pleasure of Millwall on Saturday, so will see how Jordan Archer looks in goal. 

On 02/11/2017 at 4:06 PM, davew said:

Coutts actually has completed the most passes in the Chamionship.
Narrowly ahead of Barry Bannan in 2nd, Kevin McDonald in 3rd, and Liam Bridcutt in 4th place.

I see Sheffield United haven't won a game since Coutts got injured

btw Barry Bannan has now completed more passes than anyone else in the Championship.

24 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Jamie Paterson, part of the victorious Bristol City team who beat Man U last night, was born in England of Scottish parents,but has indicated his willingness to play for Scotland. Interesting that he has declared his preference unequivocally - unlike his opponent, Scott McTominay.

He's not good enough for the squad and at 26, I can't see him getting capped. 

37 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Jamie Paterson, part of the victorious Bristol City team who beat Man U last night, was born in England of Scottish parents,but has indicated his willingness to play for Scotland. Interesting that he has declared his preference unequivocally - unlike his opponent, Scott McTominay.

Tbf Paterson would never and will never be picked for England so he will take any chance he can get to play international football. It doesn't prove any kind of loyalty to Scotland. Mctominay will potentially have the choice of England or Scotland and he has to decide where his loyalty lies. 

Imo mctominay is holding out on swearing allegiance to either side until he knows wether he will make it at united. If he represents england in a competitive match and he doesn't make it at united then he could be left with no international career if he goes onto play for a much lesser team. Basically he's using Scotland as a back up. Will be interesting to see if England come calling as they must be taking notice of him making more and more appearances for man utd.

35 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Imo mctominay is holding out on swearing allegiance to either side until he knows wether he will make it at united. If he represents england in a competitive match and he doesn't make it at united then he could be left with no international career if he goes onto play for a much lesser team. Basically he's using Scotland as a back up. Will be interesting to see if England come calling as they must be taking notice of him making more and more appearances for man utd.

Ethan Hamilton sounds like a good prospect and at least we don’t have the England problem.

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Ethan Hamilton sounds like a good prospect and at least we don’t have the England problem.

Seen a clip of Hamilton on YouTube, he looks really good but it will be hard to break into the man utd team. He would be best going out on loan to get first team experience as he is 19 now and we have all seen what inactivity can do to our young prospects.

37 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Seen a clip of Hamilton on YouTube, he looks really good but it will be hard to break into the man utd team. He would be best going out on loan to get first team experience as he is 19 now and we have all seen what inactivity can do to our young prospects.

agreed, but he’s at least in u23 team and Champions League youth games. A January loan would be good.

7 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Wouldn't entirely discount him up front.  One injury to Griffiths and we're in a bit of a crisis. He's on as good if not better form than the other strikers we have playing in the Championship.

17 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

There was a time when people once said that the likes of Graham Alexander, Paul Hartley, Ikechi Anya and even Leigh Griffiths "wurnae good enough" for international football.

I remember a pal of mine years ago saying that a certain young Hibs player called Scott Brown was "overrated" and "too much of a daftie" to be considered for internationals.

Paterson and Joe Bryan should be given a chance I say. Especially if they are playing Premier League football next year.

12 minutes ago, SpiderAlba said:

There was a time when people once said that the likes of Graham Alexander, Paul Hartley, Ikechi Anya and even Leigh Griffiths "wurnae good enough" for international football.

I remember a pal of mine years ago saying that a certain young Hibs player called Scott Brown was "overrated" and "too much of a daftie" to be considered for internationals.

Paterson and Joe Bryan should be given a chance I say. Especially if they are playing Premier League football next year.

Ikechi Anya is back to not being good enough for international fitba 

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Ikechi Anya is back to not being good enough for international fitba 

Ok. 

He was a handy player for a while and I'm glad we had him on board.

People said he wasn't good enough yet he did us a few good turns. That's the point I'm making.

5 hours ago, SpiderAlba said:

Bryan is a long way behind Tierney and Robertson not to mention Douglas, Kingsley and Shinnie. 

1 hour ago, noctonjock said:

Yeah good to see as long as coutinho doesnt get the ball as robbo wont receive it . Playing well so far 

From what I've seen of his most recent appearances I'm particularly impressed how much is defending has improved, including the amount of times he now nips in to intercept tight passes and starts a counter attack.