Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

In keeping with the current trend of anyone who plays for Hibs being good enough for Scotland

what u on about? i said mcginn should be starting a friendly which im sure most people on here would agree with and hanlon isn't a bad shout to look at as the options at center half are dreadful. 

another bitter aberdeen fan because they haven't produced a regular international player since jim leighton. hows ryan jack getting on these days boys? 

Edited by LewisEDI

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tierney has been good enough at right back. This myth that he hasn't been playing well at rb has grown arms and legs on here. He would still be my first choice right back as he does the fundamentals of defending well. 

I'm not too sure that you are getting at what I think, which is were does all the Paterson hype come from. Totally unproven, yet a shoe in at right back for many on here.

As for McGrain , many thought of him as the best right back in the world and we played him at left back-oh the joys

3 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

what u on about? i said mcginn should be starting a friendly which im sure most people on here would agree with and hanlon isn't a bad shout to look at as the options at center half are dreadful. 

another bitter aberdeen fan because they haven't produced a regular international player since jim leighton. hows ryan jack getting on these days boys? 

Settle chief, I hoped the smiley and mention of sauzee might be a clue that I wasn’t being entirely serious.

That being said, Hanlon is as poor a shout as mcgeouch. If these guys were any good they wouldn’t be playing for hibs.

Edited by wee-toon-red

Aye get Fleck in the next squad, been saying it for a while,perfect time. There's genuine quality there. I think one of the main criteria going forward is you have to be playing and in a winning team most weeks - whether that be spl or championship, have that winning mentality, Sheffield Utd top of the league. Don't know much about Coutts but maybe worth a call if say Brown and Fletcher call time (hopefully)

Yep central midfield will need a bit of regeneration in next 12 months ahead of the next campaign.

That's the thing for me, Coutts and Fleck are first choice players for a team who've had a ridiculous winning run in the last 12 months and it shows no sign of stopping.

Radio covering the game last night expressed bemusement Coutts had never had a call up, he has the best passing stats of any midfielder in the championship.

16 hours ago, Alan said:

Tierney is half the player at RB. He should be LB starter instead of someone in Liverpool reserves. Patterson at RB. A real athlete with an eye for goal.

Nice to see that he's back after a long injury.  I see he's on the bench today, would be good if he can force his way into the Bluebirds starting line up. 

44 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Jordan Archer had a brilliant game for Millwall at Cardiff, really should be getting a run out in the friendly next month.

Tom Cairney back from injury and scored today, from a Kevin McDonald assist.

Cairney, McDonald and Armstrong should be involved in our first eleven