Jump to content
bonny78

Need to not use celtic goal keeper craig gordon for scotland

Recommended Posts

his concentration levels seem to be very low nowadays

The England goals were not down to him alone, many players played their part in those but he should have done better with the 2nd. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He actually looks strung out. Something is not right with him. Looks like he needs a lie down and a cup of tea, not a must win international on his plate. 

I am very worried. Hopefully we pull off a Slovenia-type performance and keep the pressure off him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mcgregor for me.  Don't understand why he was dropped when he was.  Was playing well and the man in possession, seems that Gordon has a preference for Gordon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Mcgregor for me.  Don't understand why he was dropped when he was.  Was playing well and the man in possession, seems that Gordon has a preference for Gordon.

gordon was ok then.  Now he s got jiggly baws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Don't understand why he was dropped when he was.

Because Gordon is, was and always has been (when fit) a vastly superior goalkeeper. 

Edited by Parklife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Because Gordon is, was and always has been (when fit) a vastly superior goalkeeper. 

Absolutely agree. Blaming him for the England goals I'm fed up of hearing. Scott Brown was at fault for the first for a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Absolutely agree. Blaming him for the England goals I'm fed up of hearing. Scott Brown was at fault for the first for a start.

You're only saying that cos he he handed your mob a freebie on Saturday lol ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Because Gordon is, was and always has been (when fit) a vastly superior goalkeeper. 

I don't think his performances since then bear that out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know that any mistake a keeper makes is remembered as they so often cost goals. We have three good international keepers in Gordon, Marshall, and McGregor, who have all deservedly held the starting position at various times in recent years. All keepers make mistakes and those three all have a tendency to allow a pish poor shot in on occasion, but most keepers throughout the world do the same. Aye, Gordon had a poor game against England by his usual Scotland standards, but I'd be starting him and Strachan will too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RabtheBruce said:

We all know that any mistake a keeper makes is remembered as they so often cost goals. We have three good international keepers in Gordon, Marshall, and McGregor, who have all deservedly held the starting position at various times in recent years. All keepers make mistakes and those three all have a tendency to allow a pish poor shot in on occasion, but most keepers throughout the world do the same. Aye, Gordon had a poor game against England by his usual Scotland standards, but I'd be starting him and Strachan will too.

Not the England game though.  Soft one v hearts and then the st johnston one was weird as fk.   Both these since i started this thread which was,  ironically,  bout the England game being only a little bit suspect.  

Edited by bonny78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Craig Gordon's done everything that has been asked of him him very, very well this last week.

Bonny78 - I look forward to you being person enough to admit that is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a David Marshall fan. Always felt we were waiting on him to make a mistake when he was in possession of the jersey. I didn't feel he inspired confidence in those in front of him as a result.

Gordon isn't as good as he was, but he's still a good keeper, like Mcgregor as well, don't think there's much between them, but Gordon was the best at his peak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At their absolujte peak it goes:

Gordon

McGregor

 

 

 

Marshall

It still baffles me as to why Marshall was our #1 for a while when McGregor was fit as I think the latter is a vastly superior keeper.  I don't think there's a huge amount between Gordon and McGregor but think Gordon shades it and certainly has done enough over the years to warrant the #1 spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

At their absolujte peak it goes:

Gordon

McGregor

 

 

 

Marshall

It still baffles me as to why Marshall was our #1 for a while when McGregor was fit as I think the latter is a vastly superior keeper.  I don't think there's a huge amount between Gordon and McGregor but think Gordon shades it and certainly has done enough over the years to warrant the #1 spot.

But not recently right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

But not recently right?

Well Gordon's played a lot more football than McGregor recently so would get the nod for that reason alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep Gordon made some great saves in both games, as well as being quick enough to close down Novikovas so he shot wide early doors. oh and he made the 2nd goal against Lithuania with vision and quick distribution.

Performing above and beyond in the dark blue right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...