Need to not use celtic goal keeper craig gordon for scotland - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Need to not use celtic goal keeper craig gordon for scotland

bonny78

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

It's weird, opinions in this place are treated with the same contempt as the N word in everyday society. :lol:

I'm talking about the individual. I've watched Clark as much as I've seen Kelly this season, Clark always looks like a nervous wreck.

Well, let's be fair: McGregor, Bain, Clark, Kelly, Gordon, they're all at diddy clubs. 

No. No you haven’t. Stop telling porkies. If you had seen Clark play you wouldn’t be coming out with absolute tripe about him being a “nervous wreck”. 🙄

The guy has been up there amongst the best in the country this season and the seasons before should at least show that he’s not some half a dozen game wonder. McGregor has been better in Scotland this year and has huge experience but after him Clark has to be up there. Saying he’s a nervous wreck is just stupidity to try and defend your crazy point. 

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

No. No you haven’t. Stop telling porkies. If you had seen Clark play you wouldn’t be coming out with absolute tripe about him being a “nervous wreck”. 🙄

The guy has been up there amongst the best in the country this season and the seasons before should at least show that he’s not some half a dozen game wonder. McGregor has been better in Scotland this year and has huge experience but after him Clark has to be up there. Saying he’s a nervous wreck is just stupidity to try and defend your crazy point. 

No. No I haven't? So, what you're saying is either a) You're stalking me, or b) You're calling me a liar.

Your move.

If you think Xander Clark is up there with the best, then that's fine. It's your opinion. :)

My question is, why do not respect the opinion of others?

On 1/3/2019 at 6:51 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Noticed Gunn was in goal for southampton last night on who scored when I went to check on Armstrong. He was sitting on 7 at half time which is good any were on the pitch he ended up on 8.4 and MoM which is unreal for a keeper. pity he thin's he's English when it's a plain as day he is Scottish.

Maybe his dad is in the huff that he got so few caps, I mean it's not like Leighton and Goram were any good

Bryan Gunn is on record several times now in the press that he's tried for years to persuade his son to play for Scotland but the lad has always identified as English.

Btw we don't even know if Angus Gunn will even turn out any good, his career has only just begun and some people are already tearing their hair out about losing him, same with that ridiculous thread a few months ago on Jensen Weir.

Bit of a crass dig you made there at Gunn himself wasn't it ? Got any proof of this supposed grudge he nurses towards our national team ? 

In his playing days he turned up for multiple Scotland squads knowing that he was third choice, he never took a huff or demanded game time. He also turned up to play in four B internationals between 1987 and 1995 which I think shows he was keen to play for his country.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Bryan Gunn is on record several times now in the press that he's tried for years to persuade his son to play for Scotland but the lad has always identified as English.

Btw we don't even know if Angus Gunn will even turn out any good, his career has only just begun and some people are already tearing their hair out about losing him, same with that ridiculous thread a few months ago on Jensen Weir.

Bit of a crass dig you made there at Gunn himself wasn't it ? Got any proof of this supposed grudge he nurses towards our national team ? 

In his playing days he turned up for multiple Scotland squads knowing that he was third choice, he never took a huff or demanded game time. He also turned up to play in four B internationals between 1987 and 1995 which I think shows he was keen to play for his country.

Sorry mate, but the highlighted point was  meant to the the most sarcastic point ever made on the board. as your comments prove that was never the case.

I know he might not go on to be great, I just brought his performance up as it appears to be one of the best performances by a keeper in the last couple of years according to a stats site and it was his top flight debut!

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sorry mate, but the highlighted point was  meant to the the most sarcastic point ever made on the board. as your comments prove that was never the case.

I know he might not go on to be great, I just brought his performance up as it appears to be one of the best performances by a keeper in the last couple of years according to a stats site and it was his top flight debut!

Perhaps it's time then that people stopped wanking themselves silly over these ridiculous player rating websites no ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Perhaps it's time then that people stopped wanking themselves silly over these ridiculous player rating websites no ?

Perhaps it's time grown men don't use such a childish comment, really makes you sound stupid.

Any way it's not a rating site it's a statistic site that is as good a way of comparing players as any other.

It's run by opta and records just about every fact that happens in a game, Every goal, every save, every cross caught, every assist, every key pass, every completed pass, every tackle, every dribble, every header won and the opposite of all those things too, basically every thing that happens in a game and then calculates a fact based  rating on every player in every game  in all the top leagues, European Competitions and competitive Internationals.

Now if you cant see the value of such information perhaps you should tell the bookies and clubs that use it.

Perhaps you are a better judge of a players ability sitting in row FF at whatever stadium or watching highlights on TV and of course, that's assuming you have no preconceived views on a players ability.

OPTA stats have no bias as they have no knowledge of a players reputation it's just a number they are looking at.

19 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Perhaps it's time grown men don't use such a childish comment, really makes you sound stupid.

Any way it's not a rating site it's a statistic site that is as good a way of comparing players as any other.

It's run by opta and records just about every fact that happens in a game, Every goal, every save, every cross caught, every assist, every key pass, every completed pass, every tackle, every dribble, every header won and the opposite of all those things too, basically every thing that happens in a game and then calculates a fact based  rating on every player in every game  in all the top leagues, European Competitions and competitive Internationals.

Now if you cant see the value of such information perhaps you should tell the bookies and clubs that use it.

Perhaps you are a better judge of a players ability sitting in row FF at whatever stadium or watching highlights on TV and of course, that's assuming you have no preconceived views on a players ability.

OPTA stats have no bias as they have no knowledge of a players reputation it's just a number they are looking at.

Wow. Such passionate devotion to of all things on earth - a football player rating website

:rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile:

All hail the mighty OPTA !!!!! 

I'll say again - Perhaps it's time then that people stopped wanking themselves silly over these ridiculous player rating websites no ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle