Need to not use celtic goal keeper craig gordon for scotland - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Need to not use celtic goal keeper craig gordon for scotland

bonny78

6 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Don't understand why he was dropped when he was.

Because Gordon is, was and always has been (when fit) a vastly superior goalkeeper. 

Edited by Parklife

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Because Gordon is, was and always has been (when fit) a vastly superior goalkeeper. 

Absolutely agree. Blaming him for the England goals I'm fed up of hearing. Scott Brown was at fault for the first for a start.

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Absolutely agree. Blaming him for the England goals I'm fed up of hearing. Scott Brown was at fault for the first for a start.

You're only saying that cos he he handed your mob a freebie on Saturday lol ?

We all know that any mistake a keeper makes is remembered as they so often cost goals. We have three good international keepers in Gordon, Marshall, and McGregor, who have all deservedly held the starting position at various times in recent years. All keepers make mistakes and those three all have a tendency to allow a pish poor shot in on occasion, but most keepers throughout the world do the same. Aye, Gordon had a poor game against England by his usual Scotland standards, but I'd be starting him and Strachan will too.

1 hour ago, RabtheBruce said:

We all know that any mistake a keeper makes is remembered as they so often cost goals. We have three good international keepers in Gordon, Marshall, and McGregor, who have all deservedly held the starting position at various times in recent years. All keepers make mistakes and those three all have a tendency to allow a pish poor shot in on occasion, but most keepers throughout the world do the same. Aye, Gordon had a poor game against England by his usual Scotland standards, but I'd be starting him and Strachan will too.

Not the England game though.  Soft one v hearts and then the st johnston one was weird as fk.   Both these since i started this thread which was,  ironically,  bout the England game being only a little bit suspect.  

Edited by bonny78

I'm not a David Marshall fan. Always felt we were waiting on him to make a mistake when he was in possession of the jersey. I didn't feel he inspired confidence in those in front of him as a result.

Gordon isn't as good as he was, but he's still a good keeper, like Mcgregor as well, don't think there's much between them, but Gordon was the best at his peak.

At their absolujte peak it goes:

Gordon

McGregor

Marshall

It still baffles me as to why Marshall was our #1 for a while when McGregor was fit as I think the latter is a vastly superior keeper.  I don't think there's a huge amount between Gordon and McGregor but think Gordon shades it and certainly has done enough over the years to warrant the #1 spot.

29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

At their absolujte peak it goes:

Gordon

McGregor

Marshall

It still baffles me as to why Marshall was our #1 for a while when McGregor was fit as I think the latter is a vastly superior keeper.  I don't think there's a huge amount between Gordon and McGregor but think Gordon shades it and certainly has done enough over the years to warrant the #1 spot.

But not recently right?

Yep Gordon made some great saves in both games, as well as being quick enough to close down Novikovas so he shot wide early doors. oh and he made the 2nd goal against Lithuania with vision and quick distribution.

Performing above and beyond in the dark blue right now.