Need to not use celtic goal keeper craig gordon for scotland - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Need to not use celtic goal keeper craig gordon for scotland

bonny78

6 hours ago, Potted Heid said:

Yes I agree.  His instinctive save with his foot near the end saved Celtic from the dreaded away goal in a match where Rosenborg could easily have won one or two nil as they missed at least two other clear-cut changes in a game otherwise dominated by Celtic.  

Thinking back to the England game I would say Gordon had a pretty poor match, and I say that as a goalie, or ex-goalie ( like alcoholics:  once one, always one).  Not only was he less than commanding at Their two goals, his distribution was dreadful throughout the match.

If we are not to go with Marshall or McGregor (a mistake I think), then I'm not sure if we have a good enough young keeper to blood.  Play whichever one of the Big Three is in best club form, I reckon.

Jordan Archer has by all accounts been outstanding for the last couple of seasons. Only worry is that the rest of the Milwall team might not be good enough for the championship 

Edited by ceudmilefailte

7 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

I agree they were good and benefitted from their club chemistry, but as to your original claim that Presley and Webster were two of Scotland's 4 most important players, I do not agree.

But without a decent defense the team would collaps.  There was none better at the time.

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Jordan Archer has by all accounts been outstanding for the last couple of seasons. Only worry is that the rest of the Milwall team might not be good enough for the championship 

Zander Clark at Saints should be given a chance. 

On 27/07/2017 at 10:04 PM, Ormond said:

Zander Clark at Saints should be given a chance. 

No harm in capping him in a friendly. Young keeper could be one for the future.

On 30/07/2017 at 9:11 PM, bonny78 said:

Soon our remaing games will be friendlies anyway.

Unless we slip up to Malta the only one that could end up meaningless would be the last one Slovenia.

Edited by Doric

13 hours ago, bonny78 said:

We may not win v Lithuania

Correct. However the Slovakia game would still be meaningfull.We would only be out of the equation if we slip up aagainst both lithuania and Malta

Edited by Doric

On 02/08/2017 at 7:40 AM, bonny78 said:

We r beating malta 100%

So that makes the Slovakia game meaningfull no matter the score in Lithuania but lets not make the all ready complicated task more complicated by slipping up over there.I am confident we can take the 6 points.

18 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Cut it out.

Every keeper in the world would have anticipated a ball across the goal on that move.

Completely disagree with this

gordon should have anticipated a near post shot 

this is why Gordon failed down south, his concentration levels simply aren't there compared to higher class keepers.

46 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Completely disagree with this

gordon should have anticipated a near post shot 

this is why Gordon failed down south, his concentration levels simply aren't there compared to higher class keepers.

Correct.  And Scotland are unlikely to have a 4 goal cushion at the time.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

No one else worried it keeps happening?? Or will everyone just look at this thread on Saturday morning after a 1-1 draw where gordon shipped a softy thinking "hmmmm that bonny guy called it right again"

???

He's Scotland's goalkeeper this week, so just for the week get off his back and give him your support.