The Flow Of People To Yes - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Flow Of People To Yes

had a quiet night thinking the vote up, and to me it feels like the Italy game in 2007. We thought we didnt stand a chance in that group, the teams in it where no pushovers, and we took it to them. all to the point of going in against Italy with it all to play for. 5pm kick off in the pissing rain, Hampden bouncing and everyone bound by the thought " we might just do this". then it was swept away from us, and it wasnt though lack of trying, but there we ended. I cried at half time and full time that day, as I was so proud of how the players had done to get us that close, and how great a time we fans had had believing.

I dont want that with this, I want to win. Badly. and those who try and beat us down by dirty means cannot be allowed to win easy. we got this far with grass roots, we can get past ten PM Thursday with a majority the same way.

Louchy.....welcome back my friend....sadly missed !!! :ok:

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no hanging about, just had to share my analogy where it would make sense. im needed in the trenches on a 200 page thread in the cycling forum I now call home. the mods over there let you off if you feed them cake :) I still have one warning point here :wtf:

I have been out every night this week bar tues doing leaflet drops and been to over 500 houses in Dumfries only had 1 come out and hand me back

the booklet I posted to which I politely replied thanks for your time anyway. Although my colleague was quite rudely spoken to by someone she

offered a wee blue book to this evening on the whole finding a positive reaction.

I have to say the 16-18 year olds are an inspiration talked to a few tonight and the knowledge and understanding the possess is something I wish I

had when I was that age.Most not even taking anything from us as they were YES without a doubt.

Dont know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but Labour councillor apparently stepped down from Inverclyde council tonight in relation to #indyref and Newsnet are tweeting they know of 2 Labour MSPs voting Yes. Not clear if these Labour members are being lined up for a Yes set piece next week, but if true and Yes have some Labour members in their pocket for a high profile declaration next week, the game is up.

Dont know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but Labour councillor apparently stepped down from Inverclyde council tonight in relation to #indyref and Newsnet are tweeting they know of 2 Labour MSPs voting Yes. Not clear if these Labour members are being lined up for a Yes set piece next week, but if true and Yes have some Labour members in their pocket for a high profile declaration next week, the game is up.

Wasn't it Margo MacDonald said that half the Labour MSPs at Holyrood had sympathy for a Yes vote? That might be an over-exaggeration, but there must be some. I don't know enough about them to say who they would be.

Wasn't it Margo MacDonald said that half the Labour MSPs at Holyrood had sympathy for a Yes vote? That might be an over-exaggeration, but there must be some. I don't know enough about them to say who they would be.

Im not convinced. A year ago, Id have put money on Malcolm Chisholm crossing to Yes and it's a shame seeing Kezia Dugdale pi$$ing her talents up against a wall, so if those two talents can't make the conversion, Im not sure who would. Then again, the law of averages state there must be a number willing to go for it, even if some of their lesser talents are no looking at salvaging their career post-Yes or even looking on thinking a No win is pretty soul destroying.

I'd be stunned if Yes doesn't have at least a couple of them sitting tight til next week. It's been well known that Yes will need a big run into the vote and stealing a group of Labour MSPs/MPs and parading them on Monday would be dynamite.

If some of the rumours are true and it looks likely Yes are going to pull through, that's a lot of No politicians looking to position themselves for post-Yes politics.

Another lad at work had earwigged some of our early conversations, and mocked the Yes side. Rangers fan, chucked about a few Rule Britannia ditties etc. He came up to me the other night and said he quite liked 'that Elaine C Smith' on the debate, and started asking me questions. He is now Undecided and is away reading the Wee Blue Book......

And he tells me tonight he is voting Yes. :ok::wtf:

Was up at the in laws for lunch and was surprised when they both announced (unsolicited from me) that they had switched from No a fortnight ago to Yes. They are both of a certain West of Scotland persuasion which made me think it was barely even worth me trying to change their minds, shows what I know.

They are smart enough to see the stupidity of the media stories this week around john lewis etc

My wife has just told me she is thinking of going yes. I am tingling right now, I never thought this would happen. She has always identified as British, middle class, I have not pushed things with her as I might have with strangers as we still have to live together and I respect her views. But she has obviously been listening.

What has turned her is her parents. She did a bit of research herself then raised some questions with them but they met her with scorn and closed minds. Ironically they are Better Together campaigners. And they've just lost the union another vote.

Some massive ones today. A family uncle who is really sound so always felt he would vote yes, but that's him just reaching the decision.

And wife's aunt, who I've had debates with over the last ten years or so on everything from the snp and salmond to independence.

Admitted a month or so ago that she was wavering. Been working on her since. She's now a yes!

Between this and seeing reaction to todays Glasgow march, I'm buzzing!!

Out on the streets all week now.