The Flow Of People To Yes - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Flow Of People To Yes

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best the Mail can come up with is spray paint on a NO sign! Talk about handbags at dawn! The only people who will be aghast at such an act are those who are definite NO's, everyone else knows what is going on. The Govt and the media have put all their eggs in one basket by targeting typical Tory voters and old folk with scare stories, everyone else is on social media and knows the truth. The ones who are are intelligent and undecided will be on the internet, and on the streets, finding out information, and if we meet them with a smile and good knowledge of the facts, they will be persuaded.

Would not put it past the No campaign (or the Daily Mail) to vandalise their own signs to give them a hard done by story. Surely must be about time for the SNLA to make an appearance...

The media continue to trot out people warning us of the dangers. just seen tom hunter on bbc, they stressed he was non committal but the whole interview seemed to be a warning about currency and what might happen if salmond cant agree currency union with the BoE. No opinion offered from the YES side of things. Hunter gave me the impression he is a no.

The best the Mail can come up with is spray paint on a NO sign! Talk about handbags at dawn! The only people who will be aghast at such an act are those who are definite NO's, everyone else knows what is going on. The Govt and the media have put all their eggs in one basket by targeting typical Tory voters and old folk with scare stories, everyone else is on social media and knows the truth. The ones who are are intelligent and undecided will be on the internet, and on the streets, finding out information, and if we meet them with a smile and good knowledge of the facts, they will be persuaded.

Anyone who uses a sign being vandalised as a reason for voting No was most probably always a No in the first place. Even allowing for the fact that the reporting of the bampottery has been extremely one-sided, most rational people know that there are eejits in all stratas of life and just ignore that.

A No person told me the other day that he reckoned he knew lots of other people who had been pushed in that direction because they were fed up of Yes campaigners trying to hand them leaflets!

On Morning Call there is someone called Euan Morrison, an author apparently, who has gone from Yes to No (or so he claims). Must be just about unique in Scotland.

He was briefly trending on Twitter yesterday. Apparently he only 'came out' as a Yes in July. He cited a few sneering comments he received for a blog post on Bella Caledonia as one of his reasons for switching back, which, again, makes me wonder how committed a Yes he had ever been.

An attention seeker, I reckon.

want something special for Facebook today - I saw that someone had made a lot of lovely Yes images with photos of Scottish landmarks in the background.

bugged if I can find them - anyone know what I mean and where to find them ?

Is this them -

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yes-Cover-Photos/284059218419317?sk=photos_stream

I use the Eilean Donan one. What an absolute cracker.

Oh my effing gee....

The biggest undecided / basically no voter in our family has just announced he posted off a yes.

So many fecking arguments with him where I've been so frustrated. Recently wrote him off and gave up. Genuinely stunned!!!

That's the whole family now bar one grandparent, which is to be expected.

Two staunchest no voters in our family have recently turned. Makes me optimistic.