Josh Taylor - Page 8 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Josh Taylor

vanderark14

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Heard a somebody say in the queue for the bar before the fight that he had long covid. I think that's just folk putting two and two together though after he appeared gaunt at the weigh in. Very much doubt it's true (not that JT would ever admit it)

He'll never stop that, he's still at it just now. 

It is really weird you say that as when the fight was delayed I had a suspicion that he had caught it, then in the second round he just didnt seem right at all, speed wasn't there, reflexes and footwork were just different i said to my mate that it looked like he had long covid in jest, he then came out and said it would be October(i think) before he boxed again,  yes he's getting married but it just struck me as a very long time to be inactive, again it crossed my mind that he maybe had an under lying problem.. it would be very ironic as he doesnt believe in the whole covid thing. Chimaev in the ufc had long covid and apparently he took a long time to regain his full strength and sharpness so it shouldn't be underestimated 

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The speaker of the house of commons has referred the Taylor fight decision to the police

cunts need to get a grip, aye it wasn't a great decision but there have been far worse, look at campbell hattons fights a few moth back, that was far worse

16 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Heard a somebody say in the queue for the bar before the fight that he had long covid. I think that's just folk putting two and two together though after he appeared gaunt at the weigh in. Very much doubt it's true (not that JT would ever admit it)

He'll never stop that, he's still at it just now. 

maybe it did have a part to play in it

https://www.ringtv.com/635226-josh-taylor-i-wont-just-be-vacating-my-belts-and-moving-up-thats-not-a-given/

Judge Ian John-Lewis, who scored Taylor-Catterall 114-111 has been downgraded by the BBBoC. They also asked the alphabet organisations to install Catterall as mandatory challenger for their belts - good luck with that.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12562345/josh-taylor-vs-jack-catterall-judge-iain-john-lewis-downgraded-by-british-boxing-board-of-control-after-scorecard

• 3 months later...

Did anyone watch the documentary on Taylor last night on BBC Scotland - now on iPlayer? Portrait of a Fighter. Thought it was excellent. Covered his buildup to the Catterall fight. I've just finished writing a quick review. Will share once it gets published. 

1 minute ago, morrie21 said:

Did anyone watch the documentary on Taylor last night on BBC Scotland - now on iPlayer? Portrait of a Fighter. Thought it was excellent. Covered his buildup to the Catterall fight. I've just finished writing a quick review. Will share once it gets published. 

When is he expected to return the the ring again ? and is a rematch with Catterall on the cards ??

He's been ordered to make his next mandatory defence against Jose Zepeda. That's the problem with winning all the belts, the governing bodies all want the champ to fight their mandatory. At the end of the documentary he mentions wanting to fight and win titles at welterweight but also having a burning desire to rematch Catterall to put things to bed in that respect. No timescales given though.

8 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

He's been ordered to make his next mandatory defence against Jose Zepeda. That's the problem with winning all the belts, the governing bodies all want the champ to fight their mandatory. At the end of the documentary he mentions wanting to fight and win titles at welterweight but also having a burning desire to rematch Catterall to put things to bed in that respect. No timescales given though.

I though he decided to stay at the same weight to prove a point against Catterall

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I though he decided to stay at the same weight to prove a point against Catterall

Who knows really. It's boxing. Someone says one thing on Monday then does the exact opposite on Tuesday. Problem he has is he needs to face the mandatory fighters from each organisation he holds titles with. He already gave the WBA one back. Watch the documentary to see how hard it was for him making 140 for Catterall. Brutal viewing.

11 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Article published an hour or so ago. NY Fights editor tagged Taylor on Twitter and received a RT from the man himself. Hopefully he and anyone on here enjoys the read.

https://nyfights.com/worldwide/uk/josh-taylor-documentary-offers-true-representation-inside-boxing/

Great article 

I'll be watching the documentary tonight 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Great article 

I'll be watching the documentary tonight 

Thanks mate. It's been brisk over on Twitter. Taylor, his mother and the director of the film all sharing it. BBC, Sky and Taylor's US promoter not showing much interest though. That Top Rank PR guy is a weirdo though - will bend over backwards to get you access to a fighter or press pass but will he fuck share an article. Still way better to deal with than Matchroom an Warren though - they are just pricks across the board.

• 4 months later...
On 6/22/2022 at 7:50 PM, morrie21 said:

Article published an hour or so ago. NY Fights editor tagged Taylor on Twitter and received a RT from the man himself. Hopefully he and anyone on here enjoys the read.

https://nyfights.com/worldwide/uk/josh-taylor-documentary-offers-true-representation-inside-boxing/

What you thinking about the rematch? Will Josh have manage to regain his past form? I see he has changed trainer as well. I hope he comes back his old self and proves a point 

8 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

What you thinking about the rematch? Will Josh have manage to regain his past form? I see he has changed trainer as well. I hope he comes back his old self and proves a point 

These are the questions. He definitely regressed under Davison. The McGuigan trained Taylor destroys the current version. Obviously going into the last Catterall fight there were issues - going into camp seriously overweight, an injury and possible Covid hangover. I really hope that Taylor is fully switched on for this rematch, I think he will be.

Now with Joe McNally of Liverpool who is regarded as a great up and coming trainer within boxing circles. McNally has made a good start by working with young fighters JJ Metcalfe and Caoimhin Agyarko and veteran Liam Smith.

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

These are the questions. He definitely regressed under Davison. The McGuigan trained Taylor destroys the current version. Obviously going into the last Catterall fight there were issues - going into camp seriously overweight, an injury and possible Covid hangover. I really hope that Taylor is fully switched on for this rematch, I think he will be.

Now with Joe McNally of Liverpool who is regarded as a great up and coming trainer within boxing circles. McNally has made a good start by working with young fighters JJ Metcalfe and Caoimhin Agyarko and veteran Liam Smith.

Fingers crossed, it would be a shame if he were to under perform Again as that is what he will be remembered for. 

13 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

@morrie21 have you seen much of alex arthur jnr? heard a few folk saying he is a good prospect, his dad seems excited about him however doesnt give too much away. any other young scots to keep an eye on?

I've only really seen what his old man shares on Twitter, but apparently he is a hell of a prospect. There's another Arthur son too training and boxing in the amateurs and Alex has his own gym in Edinburgh where they work. 

I think Regan Glackin is one to keep an eye on. 9-0 and working his way through the early pro career stages well. Looks like he might be able to move up through the levels towards maybe British title.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 8:27 AM, morrie21 said:

Taylor definitely looks to be in a better place just now, hopefully he’s back to his old self 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

I thought I had heard the re-match was scheduled (though TBC) was for March, surely can't be now as we are more than halfway through January ??

see the message directly above your one. Fight is on March 4th at the Hydro. Tickets on sale on boxxer.com from Jan 26th which is a pre-sale you need to register for.

19 hours ago, morrie21 said:

see the message directly above your one. Fight is on March 4th at the Hydro. Tickets on sale on boxxer.com from Jan 26th which is a pre-sale you need to register for.

Registered mate - see how it goes, looking at Hotel prices for city centre that weekend, the greedy c***s have all shot their prices up for that weekend, so fight going ahead that weekend most certainly

16 hours ago, morrie21 said:

ALERT - it's being reported that this fight is off. According to ESPN, Taylor has suffered a torn planter fascia and the bout is postponed. Jesus.

They were mouthing off at each other last night during the eubank jnr v Smith fight

The fight last night was a complete shock, I never saw that coming