Josh Taylor - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Josh Taylor

vanderark14

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Glasgow hosting two big fights on May 18th Taylor healdines but Inoue v Rodriguez is on the same bill. Can't wait for this. Wish I was going

Really good bill and with it being WBSS there is no nonsense after it regarding who will fight who next. If Taylor wins he will face Regis Prograis in the 140lb final. Winner of Inoue v Rodriguez will face Nonito Donaire. I like the format. Superb chance for boxing fans here to see Inoue in the flesh. He'll go on to become an all time great.

13 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Really good bill and with it being WBSS there is no nonsense after it regarding who will fight who next. If Taylor wins he will face Regis Prograis in the 140lb final. Winner of Inoue v Rodriguez will face Nonito Donaire. I like the format. Superb chance for boxing fans here to see Inoue in the flesh. He'll go on to become an all time great.

Agreed.

This year should have been.huge for boxing, especially the heavyweight division. Instead we see joke fights and amir Khan pick a big day to battered again 🤣

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Agreed.

This year should have been.huge for boxing, especially the heavyweight division. Instead we see joke fights and amir Khan pick a big day to battered again 🤣

Agree wholeheartedly. I have gone from covering boxing to not even watching it in a very short space of time. It's actually becoming a stretch to call it a sport anymore as it is completely dominated by the theatre and politics outside the ring. Sickened with it. Thank god for WBSS.

32 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Agree wholeheartedly. I have gone from covering boxing to not even watching it in a very short space of time. It's actually becoming a stretch to call it a sport anymore as it is completely dominated by the theatre and politics outside the ring. Sickened with it. Thank god for WBSS.

You could also be describing football with that sentance

Like football, boxing remains hugely popular and unless fans see through the bull shit and start voting with their feet, nothing will ever change

• 3 weeks later...

Well done to Taylor - Though he would win tournament from start, still do...

One minor, recurring niggle...Seen a few reports that said along lines..

" Taylor joins Scots Boxing legends like Buchanan, Watt, McGowan and Lynch as a World Champion" ...

So, exactly how many weights does Ricky Burns need to win world titles at to get any credit from Scottish media and fans ? 😠

3 hours ago, Robbo `81 said:

Well done to Taylor - Though he would win tournament from start, still do...

One minor, recurring niggle...Seen a few reports that said along lines..

" Taylor joins Scots Boxing legends like Buchanan, Watt, McGowan and Lynch as a World Champion" ...

So, exactly how many weights does Ricky Burns need to win world titles at to get any credit from Scottish media and fans ? 😠

3 obviously not enough...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, Toepoke said:

Only heard the BBC radio commentary, the guy was almost in tears!

It was an awful fight to watch. Joshua just 'went' after being knocked down in the 3rd.

Was that his first time down? If so then he is Frank Bruno II^c

Edited by thplinth

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It was an awful fight to watch. Joshua just 'went' after being knocked down in the 3rd.

Was that his first time down? If so then he is Frank Bruno II^c

nah he actually got decked by Wlad and came back to win in impressive fashion.

He looks too muscly now, thought he looked slower and eschewed head movement.

23 minutes ago, phart said:

nah he actually got decked by Wlad and came back to win in impressive fashion.

He looks too muscly now, thought he looked slower and eschewed head movement.

He got hit by nothing really and turned into a bag of skittery shite. That is not too much muscle (ie. lacks chin). Time will tell.

Edited by thplinth

Suggestions that he was either "got at" or went into the fight carrying a virus

Certainly some video evidence on twatter to give rise to that

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Suggestions that he was either "got at" or went into the fight carrying a virus

Certainly some video evidence on twatter to give rise to that

can you give me a search term or a link?

I heard through the grapevine he got concussed in training near lead up to fight.

Also he couldn't get his normal TUE's for this fight.

So a lot of rumours going around, maybe he just got beat.

Edited by phart