Josh Taylor - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Josh Taylor

vanderark14

4 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Important fight for Taylor tomorrow night at The Hydro. On Channel 5 and they will do a good job but if you can I recommend heading along to support a fast rising Scottish sportsman. In the meantime check out my preview article below. Cheers.

http://nyfights.com/latest-boxing-news/josh-taylor-vs-postol-on-the-brink-of-something-big/

Cheers for the article, i'm out the loop in boxing these days, watched Taylor a few times, looks the real deal. Love his body work.

I think my mate is sponsoring him through central Taxis Edinburgh. Will have to miss this one live as already got plans, will try and get through to support him next time, if he's not off gallivanting after a great win tomorrow.

What does VADA CBG enrolled mean?

Edited by phart

4 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Cheers for reading Phart. Appreciate it. Yeah he is one of the finest body punchers in the sport right now. I think it means he is signed up for year round drug testing.

I thought it was standing for that as well, both google not finding much and keeps wanting to redirect me to CBD (cannabis) doping.

He works with Barry Mcguigan in some capacity doesn't he? No wonder he likes a dig to the body, Barry used to always go on about body work in commentary and in his fights.

Keep up the good work, I like the length of the article quite a bit of meat in it (videos and words), rather than just a press report type thing. :)

Edited by phart

Thanks man. Yeah McGuigan is his manager and McGuigan's company Cyclone Promotions promote him. McGuigan's son Shane trains Josh . Yeah I enjoy writing about boxing and my editor is cool. It's a good site actually - some other guys on there who do excellent work. 

Hell of a fight last night. Postol pushed Taylor all the way. What a tough man. Excellent test for Josh and pleased to see he got through it. More people discussing the wide scoring of a couple of the judges, it bears mentioning, than actually lauding the fight. It was my privilege to cover it at ringside. Report below:

http://nyfights.com/latest-boxing-news/josh-taylor-wins-war-of-attrition-with-postol/

33 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Hell of a fight last night. Postol pushed Taylor all the way. What a tough man. Excellent test for Josh and pleased to see he got through it. More people discussing the wide scoring of a couple of the judges, it bears mentioning, than actually lauding the fight. It was my privilege to cover it at ringside. Report below:

http://nyfights.com/latest-boxing-news/josh-taylor-wins-war-of-attrition-with-postol/

I was out all day yesterday with weans and fell asleep as was knackered. Got it taped though, I see a fairly wide points margin. Crawford is the only other guy to beat him, and had him down twice in that fight fairly early and couldn't get the finish, but dominated him, so the dudes tough as fuck.

Only his 13th fight as well for Taylor (12 or 13 i think) seems like his team is moving him on perfectly as well. He's moved himself into the upper echelons of the division now, but Crawford is really good.

17 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I didn't think it was that wide a win. I had Postol winning the 1st perhaps the 4th and definitely the 7th and 8th with about two or three level rounds and the rest to Tayloy. Taylor definitely the winner though and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Yeah CC - boxing twitter all day yesterday was filled with I had it this way, my scorecard is better than your scorecard bullshit. Trying to explain to people that the judges don't have the same  view as they do watching on TV etc fell on deaf ears in the main. I was sat about 6 feet behind the USA judge at ringside (the 117-110 card), he was slightly more elevated than me which makes a difference but my score of 116-111 was only one round out from the judge who had very nearly the same view as me. An 8 rounds to 4 fight with very close rounds didn't look unreasonable to me. I hope I was able to capture that sentiment in my article. 

21 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Did you think it was a wide decision or are you still to watch it Phart?

Seen  it now. I can see why the judges scored it wide, but there wasn't a great lot between them to be honest. Plus watching as a judge and watching as a fan are too different things i watch as a fan most of the time.

6 hours ago, phart said:

Seen  it now. I can see why the judges scored it wide, but there wasn't a great lot between them to be honest. Plus watching as a judge and watching as a fan are too different things i watch as a fan most of the time.

Absolutely bang on. Cheers bro.

• 4 months later...

Taylor back in action at The Hydro tonight in what is a huge event. World Boxing Super Series in Glasgow! Great night of boxing in store, I think there are a few hundred tickets remaining if anyone is at a loose end. All the details on the two tournament fights in my article below...

http://nyfights.com/newsworthy/wbss-in-glasgow-taylor-vs-martin-burnett-vs-donaire/

Yeah after the second round I was saying to my mates that Martin looked like a rabbit in the headlights. What a performance by Taylor though, relentless pressure and great variety to head and body. Superb. On to the next one, Baranchyk in the semi final. Hopefully they bring it back to The Hydro but being honest there were lots of empty seats which was the only disappointing aspect of the night.

42 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Yeah after the second round I was saying to my mates that Martin looked like a rabbit in the headlights. What a performance by Taylor though, relentless pressure and great variety to head and body. Superb. On to the next one, Baranchyk in the semi final. Hopefully they bring it back to The Hydro but being honest there were lots of empty seats which was the only disappointing aspect of the night.

Yeah, noticed the empty seats, unfortunate. Don't think Victor Laughlin did himself or boxing any favours with his scores in the British title fight? I see Ricky Burns has been added to the Bellew card next week, he is fighting Scotty Cardle.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, morrie21 said:

Taylor was brilliant Watch on sat, loved it. How good is his next opponent and do you think he'll win the tournament?

On 11/3/2018 at 2:11 AM, morrie21 said:

Taylor back in action at The Hydro tonight in what is a huge event. World Boxing Super Series in Glasgow! Great night of boxing in store, I think there are a few hundred tickets remaining if anyone is at a loose end. All the details on the two tournament fights in my article below...

http://nyfights.com/newsworthy/wbss-in-glasgow-taylor-vs-martin-burnett-vs-donaire/

read this one ?

sounds like some wee girl wrote if with all the whinging 

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/11/josh-taylor-denies-hitting-ryan-martin-with-rabbit-punch/

3 hours ago, euan2020 said:

read this one ?

sounds like some wee girl wrote if with all the whinging 

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/11/josh-taylor-denies-hitting-ryan-martin-with-rabbit-punch/

Ha ha. That site just publishes anything that gets sent to them. That guy Gilfoid is a troll who only writes negative articles about UK fighters just to get a reaction. Not worth paying attention to.

I wrote this about Saturday's experience at the fights

http://nyfights.com/boxing-latest-news/wbss-fan-experience-in-glasgow-as-taylor-and-donaire-advance-to-semi-finals/