Bands That You Have Seen Booed Off Stage - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bands That You Have Seen Booed Off Stage

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Not Booed off stage as such, but in 2010 took the Mrs to see Pink at Hampden for her Birthday, and this was during the 2010 World Cup, and was the day after England v Germany..... half way through the concert she made a comment "terrible how you guys were cheated out of the world cup last night", which she got hounded for by the whole stadium and you could see the look of total fear in her face on the screen as she could not put together what she had said wrong :lol: and actually took about 5 long minutes for the whole incident to cool down.

When REM played Stirling Castle, Michael Stipe, as he was prone to do, burst into a vocal solo in between songs. Unfortunately his song of choice was "Swing Low Sweet Chariot". 

It was met with a cacophony of boos and a very bemused set of Americans on stage :-)) 

8 hours ago, wanderer said:

Not Booed off stage as such, but in 2010 took the Mrs to see Pink at Hampden for her Birthday, and this was during the 2010 World Cup, and was the day after England v Germany..... half way through the concert she made a comment "terrible how you guys were cheated out of the world cup last night", which she got hounded for by the whole stadium and you could see the look of total fear in her face on the screen as she could not put together what she had said wrong :lol: and actually took about 5 long minutes for the whole incident to cool down.

Sure I heard something similar happened to Phil Collins at Ingliston a few years back. Think he announced that England were winning a game at half time.

On 03/07/2017 at 1:30 PM, Big Col said:

Does Sheena Easton at The Big Day count ?

7 hours ago, slasher said:

Haha! I was there that day as well, I ended up feeling a bit sorry for her. ?

I cringe big style when I think back to that day.

My and my mates 15/16 year old, probably wearing shell suits, head up to Glasgow for 'the big day' We got a hold of cheap drink. I puked on the train before we even landed at central.

Just acting like wee ned bawbags, FFS shouting at Sheena Easton :hammer:

3 hours ago, Big Col said:

I cringe big style when I think back to that day.

My and my mates 15/16 year old, probably wearing shell suits, head up to Glasgow for 'the big day' We got a hold of cheap drink. I puked on the train before we even landed at central.

Just acting like wee ned bawbags, FFS shouting at Sheena Easton :hammer:

She's probably never got over it and you and your friends should write her a sincere letter of apology so that she can now move on with her life (assuming one of you can write).

:P

18 hours ago, Stapes said:

Sure I heard something similar happened to Phil Collins at Ingliston a few years back. Think he announced that England were winning a game at half time.

Not sport related but Eminem did the whole "Great to be playing here in Edinburooo" thing while on stage at Balado, Perthshire.

On 05/07/2017 at 0:50 PM, Ormond said:

Not sport related but Eminem did the whole "Great to be playing here in Edinburooo" thing while on stage at Balado, Perthshire.

Black Eyed Peas walked into stage on the Friday night changing "Glasgow, Glasgow" :lol:

They were suitably tortured also, absolutely bemused to what they had said wrong so early. 

Played a cracking set after it, so all was forgiven. 

Saw Oasis get a bit of a hard time at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. Travis was the support act, and did a great set, but it was clear that most of the audience had never heard of them. Then Oasis come on and are blowing the place away. Usual stuff on the floor right in front of the stage, but up in the seats it was a haze of smoke from 'herbal cigarettes'. :whistling: Liam clearly doesn't understand this and chucks a huff, starts calling them 'boring bastards' and so on. Walks offstage after his last line of a song while the band played on. Starts getting booed when he comes back on for the next song. Someone has obviously explained that half the crowd are buckled on world class weed, and he dedicated the next song to 'all the happy people up there in the seats' and starts laughing :lol:.

Just remembered I saw Justin Currie get booed at Edinburgh Playhouse for having a go at Edinburgh. He was clearly joking, and seemed to revel in the boos. 

Not boos as such, but I was at Steve Earle at the Barrowlands in 1990 (the greatest show I've ever witnessed) and he twice had to stop mid song because the crowd were chanting the old football song 'Here We Go'. That didn't seem to bother him too much, and years later he would list the Barras as one of his favourite venues. What did p!ss him off, however, was the crowd singing 'Get Your T!ts Out For The Boys' to his sister, who was in his band at the time.

Back around 1990 southern rockers the Georgia Satellites played the Barras, the last song over the PA before they came on was "It's A Long Way To The Top" by AC/DC. The place was absolutely jumping, singing along and then the song cut off half way through to start the gig. 

So in a slight twist they were a band who got booed ONstage. Their set began with an apology for turning AC/DC off :-)) 

On 7/5/2017 at 0:50 PM, Ormond said:

Your geography isnae much better if you think Balado is in Perthshire. It's in Kinross-shire.;)

• 2 weeks later...

BB King at the Pavilion on the Saturday night that McAvennie, Butcher, Woods and whoever else had their set-to at Ibrox in 1987.

Some tosser threw an ex-club scarf on to the stage. BB picks it up and proceeds to wonder why he got booed for the rest of the solo to 'The Thrill is Gone'.

Said scarf got ditched pronto at the end of the number.

Rather amusingly, Blink-182 were booed onto the stage at the Hydro last week :lol: 

Just before they came on stage a large Union Jack was draped over the entire stage with the band logo on it.... as soon as this happened about 1/2 the area started boo'ing for a few moments.

Also a few times throughout the gig where Mark Hoppus has the typical bemused American look on his face when trying to have banter with the Scottish crowd.

Edited by wanderer

31 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Rather amusingly, Blink-182 were booed onto the stage at the Hydro last week :lol: 

Just before they came on stage a large Union Jack was draped over the entire stage with the band logo on it.... as soon as this happened about 1/2 the area started boo'ing for a few moments.

Also a few times throughout the gig where Mark Hoppus has the typical bemused American look on his face when trying to have banter with the Scottish crowd.

Would probably gotten a big cheer in Aberdeen.

Ryan Adams at the Barrowlands. Celtic were playing that night at home and someone threw a Celtic top onstage, so Ryan, not knowing any better, put it on, to the expected half crowd booing half crowd cheering routine. He looked totally fkn confused until someone whispered in his ear and the top was pulled aff affy fast and thrown back into the crowd.

Gig was brilliant though, as he always is.....

Queen tribute band in Edinburgh last year (brilliant),  however at the end, whilst the crowd were giving a rousing standing ovation, the Queen version of "god save the queen" started playing.  The clapping suddenly stopped, apart from a few wee souls, and a couple of folk booed!!  I was more gobsmacked it received that kind of reception in Edinburgh.....