Le Tour 2017 - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Le Tour 2017

Parklife

12 minutes ago, phart said:

Now without recourse to a separate different incident, explain where Froome broke the rules.

He pushed a fellow rider in to spectators at the roadside. Is this within the rules? 

Now, i wouldn't DQ him but i don't think it ban be excused by saying "aye but Aru was a dick". 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He pushed a fellow rider in to spectators at the roadside. Is this within the rules? 

Now, i wouldn't DQ him but i don't think it ban be excused by saying "aye but Aru was a dick". 

18 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah, i've saw the incident. 

Are riders allowed to push fellow riders in to spectators? 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, i've saw the incident. 

Are riders allowed to push fellow riders in to spectators? 

They're is bumping going on all the time. The simple fact is there was no push into spectators. He leaned into him with his shoulder. took his line and Aru had to slow and take another line closer to the spectators, which the bike never touched and neither did Aru, although some spectators did reach out and touch him.

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah but you already equated this

to this

So the disagreement is not a concern of mine.

False and a complete misrepresentation. I never "equated" it to that. I compared it with that, as both incidents involve one rider pushing another. Clearly they are totally different in nature and in severity. 

Edited by Parklife

On 7/7/2017 at 9:23 AM, Parklife said:

Struggling to watch this shit show nowadays. 

40 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Tennis is wonderful.

Ohhh yes Tennis is 'wonderful' while bike racing is 'shit'. :lol:

On 7/10/2017 at 3:32 AM, Parklife said:

Froome pushing Aru in to the crowd will be getting looked at, I assume.... :rolleyes: 

Just looked at the video of that for the first time. Froome clearly tries to force him off the road IMO.

And I think Froome has history for being ish.

Found the last couple of km's absolutely fascinating seeing if the boy would hold on.

Interesting interview on the cycling podcast today with Michael Rasmussen about doping.

Not sure the best way to link it but this is the link it gives me from my phone if anyone is interested.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-cycling-podcast/id665713706?mt=2#episodeGuid=tag%3Aaudioboom.com%2C2017-07-12%3A%2Fposts%2F6098488

12 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Found the last couple of km's absolutely fascinating seeing if the boy would hold on.

Interesting interview on the cycling podcast today with Michael Rasmussen about doping.

Not sure the best way to link it but this is the link it gives me from my phone if anyone is interested.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-cycling-podcast/id665713706?mt=2#episodeGuid=tag%3Aaudioboom.com%2C2017-07-12%3A%2Fposts%2F6098488

Downloaded for listening to on my drive home from teh game tonight.

Cheers :ok: 

3 minutes ago, phart said:

Stage blew up in last 500M. Froome probably lost jersey and got blew past by 6 riders.

liv_top_5.ashx

Top 5 overall
17:05
1. Fabio Aru 
2. Chris Froome, 0.06 
3. Romain Bardet, 0.25 
4. Rigo Uran, 0.35 
5. Dan Martin, 1.41

I thought Aru might have it, in the actual stage he was the last of the group to come in, everyone in the lead grp went past him.

He had 5 team mates with him as well up tot he final point.

15 hours ago, phart said:

I thought Aru might have it, in the actual stage he was the last of the group to come in, everyone in the lead grp went past him.

He had 5 team mates with him as well up tot he final point.

Do you think he can hold on to Yellow? Personally, i'd like to see Bardet win but not sure he'll have it in him to hang with Froome on the climbs until the end, nor match him in the TT. 

Oddschecker reckons you can get 18/1 on Froome to win the Tour? I'd have thought that he'd be favourite - just needs to hang with the other until the individual time trial on stage 20 - or am I missing something?

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

Do you think he can hold on to Yellow? Personally, i'd like to see Bardet win but not sure he'll have it in him to hang with Froome on the climbs until the end, nor match him in the TT. 

Yeah, losing the jersey isn't bad at this point. Still early in the race, it wasn't a terrible day, just topped out last 500 meters, bet everyone wishing they attacked sooner though.

So we all know that everyone at tour is on it, of course, and it is still fun to watch.  But Aru and Astana turn it up to eleven.  Apparently.  Proper old school doping I reckon.  

Did he ever get round to suing Greg Henderson?

Anyway, I doubt Froome will be too worried about a few seconds, with a TT to come. But lets see what happens on the next mountain stage.