Further Claims Of A Fraudulent Count - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Further Claims Of A Fraudulent Count

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeap, that would be my concern.

I seriouslay doubt if there was any major tampering going on, but the fact that some people had access to the results of the postal ballots...and that the bookies seemed to be aware of these results.....needs investigating.

On a wider point, this is simply another example of the archaic, Victorian system that we use in the UK for voting. Make everyone carry and show photographic ID, and cut out postal voting....let's bring ourselves into the 21st century, please.

I was conscious that I turned up at the polling station, gave an address and got handed a paper. There was no check in place to verify I was who I said I was. In fact they assumed who I was, as there was 2 names listed for my address, and I don't look like a Lisa.

I did immediately think it would be fairly easy to "steal" someone's vote. Just by giving the address of someone of the same sex who hadn't voted yet.

The bookies were offering insane odds all the way through and no one could get their heads around it.

Makes no sense at all unless they effectively knew.

Even when the poll came out showing Yes in the lead the odds were still at best 1/2 on for No and 2 or 3/1 against for Yes.

The bookies knew. And clearly some big money knew as well as it backed No at crazy odds when nothing in the public domain suggested anything other than a very close race with Yes having all the momentum.

This all really suggests some sort of major irregularity took place.

Edited by thplinth

Everyone knew the postal votes would likely favour No. So is it realistic for the bookies and the No campaign to have had such confidence based on some 'samples' of just the postal vote. How big a sample would you have to take to be that confident, and for the bookies to be that confident. Even if they counted them all they still would not know who was going to win on the day. Not every OAP voted by post and plenty non-pensioners voted by post so the No vote by post could not have been so bad to inspire all of this. It does not add up. Very suspicious, all of it.

A few years back I would have dismissed these claims as paranoid nonsense. But Westminster has proven over and over again how devious they are. Just a short time ago I heard people say the Jimmy Saville paedophile scandal went right to the top in Westminster. I remember thinking these people were idiots. Well I was wrong and these people were 100% correct. I'll never close my mind like that again. The establishment is capable of anything.

Definitely agree. Ill never forget the confidence from No politicians on the night of the vote. From just after 10pm, they knew they had won. YouGov's 99% certain that No had won just confirmed that confidence.

It definitely stank.

listen stop this...

I knew at 9.15 when the local polling supervisor told me the turnout was 96% already. The rich and old in this affluent area were tuning out in HUGE numbers and I knew there was no way we could match this.

At Ingliston, the first samples taken from counting the postal votes were coming through at 5 past 10. We were losing big on postal votes too.

Our telephone canvassing in the week up to the election saw undecideds moving to NO - this had not happened before. Before I got in the hall I knew it was over. I saw Carmichael doing a victory interview at 10 past 10 on the basis of the early info. This is how it works.

nothing dodgy happened on any scale. Tories peeking at the postal ballots, yes and they should get their arse kicked. Isolated incidents of idiots general faffing around - yes.

Referendum nicked - no we lost...

listen stop this...

I knew at 9.15 when the local polling supervisor told me the turnout was 96% already. The rich and old in this affluent area were tuning out in HUGE numbers and I knew there was no way we could match this.

At Ingliston, the first samples taken from counting the postal votes were coming through at 5 past 10. We were losing big on postal votes too.

Our telephone canvassing in the week up to the election saw undecideds moving to NO - this had not happened before. Before I got in the hall I knew it was over. I saw Carmichael doing a victory interview at 10 past 10 on the basis of the early info. This is how it works.

nothing dodgy happened on any scale. Tories peeking at the postal ballots, yes and they should get their arse kicked. Isolated incidents of idiots general faffing around - yes.

Referendum nicked - no we lost...

Excellent post.

A few years back I would have dismissed these claims as paranoid nonsense. But Westminster has proven over and over again how devious they are. Just a short time ago I heard people say the Jimmy Saville paedophile scandal went right to the top in Westminster. I remember thinking these people were idiots. Well I was wrong and these people were 100% correct. I'll never close my mind like that again. The establishment is capable of anything.

Bit of light relief...

It is a logical fallacy to extrapolate your own personal experience of the vote's controls up to the national level... and then say everything was fine, shhhh.

If by now as I would think the electoral commission are investigating 100,000 plus complaints about a week ago today then I would imagine this would break all sorts of records about the number of complaints of electoral abuse at any one single vote in the UK.

80,000 complaints plus fact for a country the size of Scotland?

North Korea would have a beemur at this shit.

I've not indulged in any of this vote rigging chat to date. I agree the videos going about are pretty meaningless but what about this issue about missing barcodes and serial numbers from ballot papers?

Is is right they should have had these details on the back?

My polling card certainly had a bar code on the back.

I've rarely read such complete junk than as I have on this topic.

This isn't Uganda in 1975. The means to 'rig' votes just doesn't exist.

Leaving aside the fact that we have a global reputation for standards in this field, on any given vote there are simply too many parties involved to ever mount any concerted dishonesty *undetected* (because that's the key word here).

Elections as a whole are not overseen by politicians, or the military, or the secret police, etc (as they are in certain other countries). The Electoral Commission guards its independence fiercely, and even if it didn't, an in-built safeguard is the local nature of how all elections are run. Different council areas mean independence from the larger governing bodies across a wide spectrum.

And even if *that* were not the case, there are the thousands of temporary employees involved in the count. These come from an even broader spectrum, but are largely people working either in the public sector or with administration experience. Is it possible there are a few 'wrong uns' amongst them? Certainly. But that's true of society as a whole. Could they co-ordinate a mass deception? Hardly.

Basically, if you're criticising the administration of our voting system, you are criticising the ordinary people who run our public services. They are the ones who in the most part make this thing work.

It is simply so wide of the mark to suggest that this or any election in this country is rigged that it belongs up there with the fake moon landings stories and every other crackpot conspiracy theory that are ten a penny on the net.

We are fantastic at self-criticisms, but believe this: when we get things right, we lead the world. And we get this stuff right.

Basically, if you're criticising the administration of our voting system, you are criticising the ordinary people who run our public services. They are the ones who in the most part make this thing work.

You whole post is ridiculous garbage but that really made me laugh. Yeah Stevo sure... :-))

I saw a database once (whilst in Thames House (Millbank)) of addresses in the UK and their occupants. I looked up places I knew and found that there were many more people listed as living there than actually lived there. Were/are these people allowed to vote? I don't know the answer.

That's another issue. It is an impossibility to ensure that 100% of any given ballot is precisely representative of the eligible electorate at the point of the vote. Could it be improved? Probably. Will it ever be perfected? Never.