The Brexit Thread - Page 88 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I wouldn’t listen to him. He couldn’t be trusted in 2014 so wouldn’t trust him now.

I dont disagree but the question i was asking  is regarding the rules on free trade and WTO, not the consequences of Indy or Brexit etc.  There must be an actual existing rule or law somewhere and if so surely he ( Carney) would be challenged with valid proof if this was incorrect ? 

I found this , not sure if it the same thing, but the 3rd section headed ‘ why cant the UK and EU simply remove tariffs if theres no deal’ has some info. 

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/brexit/no-deal-brexit-and-wto-article-24-explained/

All I am trying to do is ascertain if what the guy in the video is saying is correct.  

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont disagree but the question i was asking  is regarding the rules on free trade and WTO, not the consequences of Indy or Brexit etc.  There must be an actual existing rule or law somewhere and if so surely he ( Carney) would be challenged with valid proof if this was incorrect ? 

I found this , not sure if it the same thing, but the 3rd section headed ‘ why cant the UK and EU simply remove tariffs if theres no deal’ has some info. 

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/brexit/no-deal-brexit-and-wto-article-24-explained/

All I am trying to do is ascertain if what the guy in the video is saying is correct.  

All these pesky corroborating questions.

You could just as well say "F--- Baron Pearson of Rannoch"

1 hour ago, exile said:

All these pesky corroborating questions.

You could just as well say "F--- Baron Pearson of Rannoch"

Maybe you could go back to your private board for this mutual stroking session. He does reference his sources throughout but you two are all like but how, what, why.

Seems to me most Tories are voting/agitating for a no-deal.   They have failed to back up their prime minister, though May's deal is the only thing more that a few of them have shown interest in at all.    My impression is that while folk have been analysing who could have got some compromise over the line, they have voted en masse against.

I cannot believe that they all believe that la-la land is great for the country (whichever country that is for them), so wtf are they doing?

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I think the answer might be that...

No Deal = Best Deal

No one is going to say it out loud... too terrifying. Just slowly and gradually make it happen.

Well for anyone who wants to break up the EU that's obvious.   Are they American, Russian or Chinese :whistling:

11 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Indeed. May and Corbyn is probably the worst collaboration since Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder unleashed Ebony & Ivory 😡 

I heard the talks broke down as May refused to change the intro music from Dancing Queen to ‘Give it Up’  by JC and the Sunshine Band.  

I got that one from the Basil Brush Show. 

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I heard the talks broke down as May refused to change the intro music from Dancing Queen to ‘Give it Up’  by JC and the Sunshine Band.  

I got that one from the Basil Brush Show. 

A question of Deal or No Deal is somewhat out of the UK government's hands now anyway. They are relying on extensions to avoid No Deal as the Tories will not eradicate their red lines to agree a deal with Labour. Rumours coming out of Europe are that France and Belgium and maybe other country's governments are not in favour of a long extension. At present No Deal exit is now becoming a warm favourite.