1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Rather than snide comments about trolling maybe engage with me and thplinth since its probably our posts you’re referring to. 

Don’t think anyone has said that 

wasn't speaking about you 

but if you think the hat fit's .............

14 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

wasn't speaking about you 

but if you think the hat fit's .............

Haha I’m used to it on this thread, who do you think is trolling?

That will be the Lib Dems as the new party of the Union and the EU in Scotland.

Nawbags can have an easier conscience (in their own minds) by voting for them rather than the Tories

Almost certain to be an SNP v Lib Dem election in Scotland and they will probably scoop up a number of seats due to tactical voting

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Nawbags can have an easier conscience (in their own minds) by voting for them rather than the Tories

Almost certain to be an SNP v Lib Dem election in Scotland and they will probably scoop up a number of seats due to tactical voting

I suspect you are right but it doesn't square away very well with their stance of being anti-Brexit if they're doing deals in Scotland with Labour and the Tories.  Maybe they think no-one will notice. 

56 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

This will not work in tory seats, especially in the northeast, the reason the tories gained so much seats was due to the brexit bounce, 

41 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

This will not work in tory seats, especially in the northeast, the reason the tories gained so much seats was due to the brexit bounce, 

I suspect the plan would be for the Tories to step aside in places like NE Fife, Inverness, Skye and Lochaber, Argyll and Bute where the Lib Dems think they've a chance of winning the seat from the SNP and also the seats that the Lib Dems currently hold to stop the SNP taking them.    In return, they'd stand aside in the seats that the Tories currently hold to try and stop the SNP taking them. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

I suspect the plan would be for the Tories to step aside in places like NE Fife, Inverness, Skye and Lochaber, Argyll and Bute where the Lib Dems think they've a chance of winning the seat from the SNP and also the seats that the Lib Dems currently hold to stop the SNP taking them.    In return, they'd stand aside in the seats that the Tories currently hold to try and stop the SNP taking them. 

The seats which the torys hold usually don't have a strong libdem support, moray, gourdon, banff and buchan, aberdeen south, the lib dems stepping aside wont do much to held toe tory IMO, lib dems will hold their seats, possibly lose caithness. An election tomorrow will have the libs on  5 seats, torys 5, labour 3,, that would be my guess

Edited by hampden_loon2878

This week, the Supreme Court must come of age (New Statesman)

" If the court decides that it has no jurisdiction.... it would go against the grain of the court’s evolving image of its own role in the constitutional landscape. It would also be, in my view, a dereliction of responsibility."

Supreme court to hear claims suspension of parliament is unlawful (Guardian)

Apparently proceedings are available live - due to start tomorrow morning.