The Brexit Thread - Page 61 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

I also don't think England would have voted for BREXIT had they been reeling from a 2014 YES vote. Not a fucking chance IMHO. 

So to the NO voters who voted NO to ensure we... stay in the EU, stop the currency crashing, stop companies leaving and stop a major recession heading our way, you have brought exactly all those things down on your own heads... and unfortunately on the heads of all the YES voters. What a bunch of dicks.

1 minute ago, phart said:

" We recognise some employees will need to commute further and we are speaking to them individually "

If you search "Vodaphone" on twatter you will see the Quisling bastards that are fine with this news

Who would have thought loads of investment in the powerhouse of the north might suck jobs from other areas. I'm shocked.

I've heard of other firms with plans to move to Manchester too. Must be some sort of tax rebate or something that is making these types of moves worthwhile. On the face of it they are moving jobs to a more expensive city

Bitter Together 2 are beginning to have a rethink.

Scare-mongering they used last time that cannot be used again this time for obvious reasons:-

Vote No to protect your place in the EU.

Vote No to bring more powers to Holyrood.

Vote No to protect pensions.

What currency are you going to use as you can't use the pound.

Well we are being taken out of the EU so point one is now that can be used in the Yes campaign. Point two was embarrassing given that devolved powers from the EU that should have headed to Holyrood were hijacked and taken by Westminster so we know Bitter Together are lying, deceitful and conning bastards. Pensions have been erased and axed by remaining in this union so that point has been proven wrong. And the Governor of the Bank of England has since said there is no conceivable reason why an independent Scotland could not continue to use the pound.

So Bitter Together are forming their bribes and scare-mongering for IndyRef 2. Ones I have heard are:-

An independent Scotland would not be allowed to join the EU.

Scotland in the EU would not be independent so why not just stick with the UK.

(The old favourite will be rolled out again) All you have is oil and that has all but gone.

Feel free to add to these lists as I am sure I have missed some off.

20 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Bitter Together 2 are beginning to have a rethink.

Scare-mongering they used last time that cannot be used again this time for obvious reasons:-

Vote No to protect your place in the EU.

Vote No to bring more powers to Holyrood.

Vote No to protect pensions.

What currency are you going to use as you can't use the pound.

Well we are being taken out of the EU so point one is now that can be used in the Yes campaign. Point two was embarrassing given that devolved powers from the EU that should have headed to Holyrood were hijacked and taken by Westminster so we know Bitter Together are lying, deceitful and conning bastards. Pensions have been erased and axed by remaining in this union so that point has been proven wrong. And the Governor of the Bank of England has since said there is no conceivable reason why an independent Scotland could not continue to use the pound.

So Bitter Together are forming their bribes and scare-mongering for IndyRef 2. Ones I have heard are:-

An independent Scotland would not be allowed to join the EU.

Scotland in the EU would not be independent so why not just stick with the UK.

(The old favourite will be rolled out again) All you have is oil and that has all but gone.

Feel free to add to these lists as I am sure I have missed some off.

WATP

Great Britain  won WW2 

Excluded from Great British Bake off 

Sturgeon looks like Krankie

The above will be more than enough for thousands of no voters 

The favourite one they’ll use is; you’ll lose your biggest trading partner. 

Other favourites.

Not be able to play the UK lottery. 

You’ll not receive the bbc.

you’ll need a passport to visit relatives in England. 

There will be a hard border with border controls. 

The Russians and North Korea will invade or nuke you. 

What about the workers in Liverpool. 

The queen is not happy. 

Edited by antidote

1 hour ago, antidote said:

The favourite one they’ll use is; you’ll lose your biggest trading partner. 

Other favourites.

Not be able to play the UK lottery. 

You’ll not receive the bbc.

you’ll need a passport to visit relatives in England. 

There will be a hard border with border controls. 

The Russians and North Korea will invade or nuke you. 

What about the workers in Liverpool. 

The queen is not happy. 

Yes I have heard the first one used heavily and it really is insulting. It works two ways. We have produce that the rest of the UK are desperate for ie Scottish Beef, whisky, gin, fish, farming produce etc etc. Make no mistake the rest of the UK will be more desperate not to lose those items from their shops than us to have trade deals with them.

As for the hard borders one well that works both ways as does the passport issue but will be far easier to travel within Europe if we are in EU. 

No BBC. No license fee.

And if we get nuked the rest of the UK would get obliterated as well from fall-out. Another war will be the final war for the whole of the world anyway. The UK's trident is like a pea-shooter anyway.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

Did you miss them being found in contempt of parliament, losing a finance bill, losing a vote by the biggest majority in history and then facing a vote of no confidence?

All that was down to Tory infighting. He was forced into a vote of no confidence by May, a vote he was never going to win.

I like Corbyn and agree with his most of his politics, especially regarding Palestine, but I can never see him being Prime Minister

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes I have heard the first one used heavily and it really is insulting. It works two ways. We have produce that the rest of the UK are desperate for ie Scottish Beef, whisky, gin, fish, farming produce etc etc. Make no mistake the rest of the UK will be more desperate not to lose those items from their shops than us to have trade deals with them.

Thing is, this is almost exactly like the Brexiteer argument about the German car industry forcing the EU to give Britain a good deal. As we've seen, it didn't hold up to scrutiny.

The future trading relationship between an indy-Scotland and post-Brexit rUK is being negotiated right now between London and Brussels. That's why it makes sense for the SNP to attempt to push the Tories to sign up to as soft a brexit as possible.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

As for the hard borders one well that works both ways as does the passport issue but will be far easier to travel within Europe if we are in EU. 

No BBC. No license fee.

And if we get nuked the rest of the UK would get obliterated as well from fall-out. Another war will be the final war for the whole of the world anyway. The UK's trident is like a pea-shooter anyway.

Yes we the more politically aware and more savvy know these things,  but to the less knowledgeable it’s a good (any) excuse not to vote yes. 

Imo the SG should start by not give the GERS report any credence what so ever  in fact they should rubbish it altogether.

it makes the job of us who try to persuade people to vote yes all the harder.

Edited by antidote

7 minutes ago, jailender said:

Was it not the SG who initiated the GERS report system in the first place?

Nope Ian Lang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Expenditure_and_Revenue_Scotland

48 minutes ago, antidote said:

Yes we the more politically aware and more savvy know these things,  but to the less knowledgeable it’s a good (any) excuse not to vote yes. 

Imo the SG should start by not give the GERS report any credence what so ever  in fact they should rubbish it altogether.

it makes the job of us who try to persuade people to vote yes all the harder.

Granted.

I do feel though, that there are far more people around who regret how they voted last time than the other way around. And how Brexit has been handled will help push more into the Yes camp. A swing of around 250,00 from the last time is what is needed.

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Granted.

I do feel though, that there are far more people around who regret how they voted last time than the other way around. And how Brexit has been handled will help push more into the Yes camp. A swing of around 250,00 from the last time is what is needed.

190,000 by my rough calculations. 

I await correction though. 😄

22 hours ago, Parklife said:

My mind is very open. I've given you ways, historic ways at that, of how he's putting the government under pressure. You've offered nothing to show what he could do more. Are you expecting me to come around to your way of thinking just because you assert something but fail to back it up? 

He could easily do more. Every debate I've seen he's missed the best opportunities. He's blowing his chance on Brexit by refusing to even meet with Theresa. He's as clear as mud on what his party's policy is on a second referendum. 

He's surrounded himself with poor performers like Abbott and Mcdonald and he has failed completely to bat the anti Semitic charges out of the park by expelling the worse offenders. 

I don't dislike him but he's not performing well enough. Labour should be 20 points ahead in the polls however flawed they are, with this clusterfuck of a government.