Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm just unsure how you appointed yourself as the arbitrator of morality. A bit fucking arrogant, not to mention delusional. You have neither the intellect, nor the integrity to put yourself in such a position. 

I'm sure your wee sentence sounded clever in your head though. 

I wasn’t being entirely serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of me agrees that it does stink trying to wriggle out of it by giving the public a second go and that using voter ignorance as an excuse is condescending especially as it doesn’t recognise the abject failure to inform the first time around.  The difference in the EU referendum to the Scottish one will stay with me for a long time – I remember seeing a debate where the Leave guy argued nobody could possibly know what leave would look like and the vote was purely whether we were leaving or not and he wasn’t challenged at all.  Pretty prophetic now really but can’t help compare to when any SNP/Yes folk were spoken to and were regularly asked what happened 5,10,20,50 years later when oil ran out. 

 

On the other hand the ‘leave’ campaign more and more vocally playing the ethics card is a bit rich given pretty much all their promises were a fallacy and they all pretty much disappeared up their own @rse when the result came about.  Shite bags like Michael Gove and Boris giving it the big one now is almost unbelievable until remember shark hurdling is pretty much an Olympic Sport now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Parklife said:

Gaining circa 20 points, with a universally negative media, in the polls is damning? 

When was the last time we even got to a position where a vote of no confidence was called against a government? The only reason it has not been successful (yet) is that the Tory MP's won't vote to lose their jobs. 

A failure who makes up 20 points in the polls. A failure who pressures the government in to losing a finance bill, to being found in contempt of parliament and losing a vote by the biggest margin any government has EVER lost a vote in parliament by. 

A failure who the Tories are running scared of. A failure who's done all of this, all the while being smeared in the MSM. Who's had to deal with some abhorrent lies being spread about him. 

It's a shame that so many people who claim to have the values that Corbyn espouses and represents get caught up in the lies and negative media environment that he constantly has to battle. I guess some people really do get the utter cunt of government they deserve. 

The negative media is not just a nasty Jezza only thing. Stop making out he has it worse than anyone else. 

He could quite easily cut the legs from a lot of the rubbish by binning some of the more extreme supporters but he doesn't. 

The Government hes opposing are a shambles yet he still can't lay a glove on them.  

The vast majority of the successes you are attributing to him are down to the Tory infighting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The negative media is not just a nasty Jezza only thing. Stop making out he has it worse than anyone else. 

Any other politicians had to put up with false claims of supporting terrorist organisations of being anti-Semitic? Nah. I didn't think so. 

Actually think about what you type please. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He could quite easily cut the legs from a lot of the rubbish by binning some of the more extreme supporters but he doesn't. 

By introducing a new code of conduct that all party members must adhere to or they will be expelled from the party? Yeah, he's done that. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The Government hes opposing are a shambles yet he still can't lay a glove on them.  

Did you miss them being found in contempt of parliament, losing a finance bill, losing a vote by the biggest majority in history and then facing a vote of no confidence? 

I'm unsure what would, to you, constitute "laying a glove on them". Perhaps you are speaking literally and want him to go and hook Theresa May. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The vast majority of the successes you are attributing to him are down to the Tory infighting. 

Ahhh, the old good stuff = luck, bad stuff = his fault. 

No bother. I think we can end this discussion here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Pretty prophetic now really but can’t help compare to when any SNP/Yes folk were spoken to and were regularly asked what happened 5,10,20,50 years later when oil ran out. 

 

 

 

Scotland's economy is not dependent on oil revenues but the Unionists made out that it is with those types of questions

It's a straw man

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Any other politicians had to put up with false claims of supporting terrorist organisations of being anti-Semitic? Nah. I didn't think so. 

Actually think about what you type please. 

By introducing a new code of conduct that all party members must adhere to or they will be expelled from the party? Yeah, he's done that. 

Did you miss them being found in contempt of parliament, losing a finance bill, losing a vote by the biggest majority in history and then facing a vote of no confidence? 

I'm unsure what would, to you, constitute "laying a glove on them". Perhaps you are speaking literally and want him to go and hook Theresa May. 

Ahhh, the old good stuff = luck, bad stuff = his fault. 

No bother. I think we can end this discussion here. 

False claims of supporting terrorists? Quite a few politicians have had that, yes. 

Being falsely accused of being anti Semitic? He's the most high profile but not the only one. The party is the bigger problem as the supposed evidence against Jezza is utterly obvious nonsense on the whole. 

If they have the new code of conduct then why are they using so many anti Semitic people and twitter accounts for official purposes? I'd suggest it's not working. 

I'm not saying anything good that's happened is luck. You're making that up. I'm saying that with the current state of the opposition he should be doing better than he is. 

I actually like Jezza as he appears to be a principled man trying to do his best. I just don't think he's very effective. 

Perhaps if you tried opening your mind you wouldn't need to resort to pathetic wee comments about thinking or ending discussions like a petulant child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we all agree here that this government is utterly the worst and most corrupt and inept in our lifetime?

I would say there is a very good chance that is the case.

Therefore why on earth are opinion polls STILL giving the Tories either a narrow lead or parity with Labour? I do have to agree with many on here that Corbyn has had a sitting duck right in front of him and failed to blow it out of the water. The Tories have offered calamity after calamity yet Labour are still not ahead in opinion polls. Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because England is fucked

In 2015 UKIP got just under 4 million votes and most of them were lapsed Tories - Labour still came second to the Tories

In 2017 UKIP polled only 600,000 and their 2015 voters went mostly back to being Tories and despite everyone and their granny voting Labour the Tories still polled 800,000 more votes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dyson moves his headquarters to Singapore. 

Shipping line P&O have reflagged all their ships from Cyprus over brexit. 

Not going very well is it.

 

Edited by antidote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, antidote said:

Dyson moves his headquarters to Singapore. 

Shipping line P&O have reflagged all their ships from Cyprus over brexit. 

Not going very well is it.

 

It’s not good but similar threats were made during the Scottish referendum if we voted the wrong way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prominent Brexiteers are already disinvesting in UK, shifting funds overseas, shifting HQ overseas, applying for residency overseas (Dyson, Mogg, Lawson, there's a list of them) - this is not Project Fear, it's Brexiteers themselves doing the damage or exiting the sinking ship that they themselves purport to be supporting. 

(This is way different from 2014, that would be Salmond stashing his cash in a Swiss bank account or Brian Soutar talking up indy then moving his HQ to England) . 

Edited by exile
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

False claims of supporting terrorists? Quite a few politicians have had that, yes. 

Being falsely accused of being anti Semitic? He's the most high profile but not the only one. The party is the bigger problem as the supposed evidence against Jezza is utterly obvious nonsense on the whole. 

If they have the new code of conduct then why are they using so many anti Semitic people and twitter accounts for official purposes? I'd suggest it's not working. 

I'm not saying anything good that's happened is luck. You're making that up. I'm saying that with the current state of the opposition he should be doing better than he is. 

I actually like Jezza as he appears to be a principled man trying to do his best. I just don't think he's very effective. 

Perhaps if you tried opening your mind you wouldn't need to resort to pathetic wee comments about thinking or ending discussions like a petulant child. 

My mind is very open. I've given you ways, historic ways at that, of how he's putting the government under pressure. You've offered nothing to show what he could do more. Are you expecting me to come around to your way of thinking just because you assert something but fail to back it up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It’s not good but similar threats were made during the Scottish referendum if we voted the wrong way. 

You do realise that these are not threats right ?

And Dyson was an extreme brexiteer

Edited by Ally Bongo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you owned a company with business all over Europe but based in the UK you would be thinking about relocating your HQ / place of primary residency to the EU before BREXIT. This is not complicated and you are going to see a flood as the possibility hardens into a probability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

You do realise that these are not threats right ?

Because we voted no. You don’t think certain companies etc would have followed through with the threats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Because we voted no. You don’t think certain companies etc would have followed through with the threats?

Are we assuming that the RUK would cease trading with a politically Independent Scotland and cost their economy £60 billion a year and that the EU would have not allowed Scotland to continue or rejoin by 2016 ?

And it's moot anyway - we voted No

Things have changed mucho since 2014

 

 

Edited by Ally Bongo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ally Bongo said:

Are we assuming that the RUK would cease trading with a politically Independent Scotland and cost their economy £60 billion a year and that the EU would have not allowed Scotland to continue or rejoin by 2016 ?

 

Unsure but a difficult/politically tribal negotiation period with calls for a “people’s vote” like what we’re seeing now would have been likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Scotland had voted Yes both Scotland and rUK would have been left in the EU despite all the fear mongering shite. Some pissy companies like Standard life was it might have left in a huff but there would not have been the huge pressure differential there is now for companies to leave the UK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Unsure but a difficult/politically tribal negotiation period with calls for a “people’s vote” like what we’re seeing now would have been likely. 

DxgYeu_XQAAZz4V.jpg

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And had Scotland voted Yes we would be the No 1 destination for these companies wanting to stay in the rUK but also in the EU. What a missed opportunity by the NO voters. Gutless cunts who deserve the recession coming their way at hurricane speeds.

Edited by thplinth
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It’s not good but similar threats were made during the Scottish referendum if we voted the wrong way. 

Difference is that threats were made but actions such as above did not happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Difference is that threats were made but actions such as above did not happen.

Because Scotland voted no. I realise it’s not like for like but the UK and the business establishment would have made leaving the UK as difficult as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×