Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 1/17/2019 at 11:43 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

That's exactly what it was. Jezza hasn't got a clue what he wants or what he's doing. 

Hasn't got a clue but has:

- taken his party from 20 points behind in the polls to neck and neck in them
- Created a situation where the PM has had over 100 of her own MP's call no confidence in here
- Given the government the biggest defeat in history 

All while enduring a universally negative press and a despicable smear campaign against him. 

If only he had a clue... Still, the man on the telly says he's not doing good, he must be right, eh? :rolleyes: 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Hasn't got a clue but has:

- taken his party from 20 points behind in the polls to neck and neck in them
- Created a situation where the PM has had over 100 of her own MP's call no confidence in here
- Given the government the biggest defeat in history 

All while enduring a universally negative press and a despicable smear campaign against him. 

If only he had a clue... Still, the man on the telly says he's not doing good, he must be right, eh? :rolleyes: 

Correlation doesn't necessarily equate to causation. 

I'd say in each of those cases the reason is more to do with what Theresa May and the Tory party have done rather than anything that Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party have done.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like May is going to rewrite the good Friday agreement to get her deal through and rumour is that she’s going to drop the back stop to save her ‘precious’ tory party from splitting in two.

I don’t think the nationalist community, or the Irish government will be too happy about this.

Imo the Irish government will reject this proposal. 

Edited by antidote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Correlation doesn't necessarily equate to causation. 

I'd say in each of those cases the reason is more to do with what Theresa May and the Tory party have done rather than anything that Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party have done.

Correct. 

The hapless labour party should be 20-30 percentage points ahead in the polls now. 

The only way useless Corbyn could get into power is if ukip re-emerge as a strong political party again and split the tory vote. 

Mir doesn’t necessarily have to be ukip. Farage is threatening to set up a new anti eu political party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, antidote said:

Looks like May is going to rewrite the good Friday agreement to get her deal through and rumour is that she’s going to drop the back stop to save her ‘precious’ tory party from splitting in two.

I don’t think the nationalist community, or the Irish government will be too happy about this.

Imo the Irish government will reject this proposal. 

That's a total non-starter and is a case of a drawing woman clutching at straws.

The biggest fundamental problem for her is that it would be overturning the will of the people in two referendums, one in NI and one in the ROI that ratified the GFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aaid said:

That's a total non-starter and is a case of a drawing woman clutching at straws.

The biggest fundamental problem for her is that it would be overturning the will of the people in two referendums, one in NI and one in the ROI that ratified the GFA.

She doesn’t care, she’s only interested in saving the tory party. To hell with everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaid said:

Correlation doesn't necessarily equate to causation. 

I'd say in each of those cases the reason is more to do with what Theresa May and the Tory party have done rather than anything that Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party have done.

So everything positive is luck and everything negative is Corbyn's fault? Do you work for the BBC? 

It is funny how we have the entire media quoting the lie that Labour are behind in "the polls" and that Corbyn is ineffective, while the reality is the closing of a 20 point gap in the polls and the Tories running shit-scared of a General Election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, antidote said:

Looks like May is going to rewrite the good Friday agreement to get her deal through and rumour is that she’s going to drop the back stop to save her ‘precious’ tory party from splitting in two.

I don’t think the nationalist community, or the Irish government will be too happy about this.

Imo the Irish government will reject this proposal. 

DxYtW_PWkAEoSm0.jpg

These fuckers are far too dangerous to Govern - non starter or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It is funny how we have the entire media quoting the lie that Labour are behind in "the polls" and that Corbyn is ineffective, while the reality is the closing of a 20 point gap in the polls and the Tories running shit-scared of a General Election. 

The point they are making is that this is the worst Government in living memory ,if not in history, and Labour should really be streets ahead in the polls 

We'll see soon how scared the Tories are of a GE and it's not Labour they are that scared of but once again the UKIP vote

If Labour were to come out as a remain party the Tories would call it tomorrow

And as for Labour in Scotland - if that is indicative of the whole of the UK they are fucked

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2019/01/bewildered-farquharson-wonders-these.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So everything positive is luck and everything negative is Corbyn's fault? Do you work for the BBC? 

It is funny how we have the entire media quoting the lie that Labour are behind in "the polls" and that Corbyn is ineffective, while the reality is the closing of a 20 point gap in the polls and the Tories running shit-scared of a General Election. 

With the exception of doing nothing and letting the Tories tear each other apart - which tbf, is probably the right course of action, can you give any examples of actions that Corbyn has taken to close the gap?

Doing nothing in this case is hardly the work of a master political strategist though.   Any Labour leader that had his party behind him would be miles ahead given the current clusterfuck that is Brexit and the Tories.  IN his own way he is every bit as intransigent as May is, probably more so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, antidote said:

Correct. 

The hapless labour party should be 20-30 percentage points ahead in the polls now. 

The only way useless Corbyn could get into power is if ukip re-emerge as a strong political party again and split the tory vote. 

Mir doesn’t necessarily have to be ukip. Farage is threatening to set up a new anti eu political party. 

I don't see that happening, not this side of a general election, it may happen after a Tory loss though.   FPTP post makes it very difficult for any new party to make headway in terms of seats.

It's very unlikely that Corbyn could win a general election at present on the other hand though its highly likely that May would lose and the only option - given how battle lines are draw would be a "grand coalition" of the other parties, providing C&S support for a minortiy Labour government.

I just plugged the numbers into the Electoral Calculus website, using the Poll of polls from Britain Elects - which has Labour on 37.8% and the Tories on 37.4% - and the last full Scotland poll on Westminster voting intention, which was the YouGov poll from a couple of weeks back.

It gives the following prediction, change from 2017 in brackets:  

Con - 284 (-34)
Lab - 280 (+18)
SNP - 45 (+10)
LIB - 19 (+7)
PC - 3 (-1)
Green - 1 (0)
NI - 18 (0)

For those interested, the 10 SNP gains are: Tories;, Bill Grant, Colin Clark, Luke Graham, Stephen Kerr ; Labour, Hugh Gaffney, Martin Whitfield, Paul Sweeney, Lesley Laird, Danielle Rowley, Ged Killen.

By my reckoning that leaves Ian Murray as the last man standing for Labour in Red Morningside. 

 

Edited by aaid
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Hasn't got a clue but has:

- taken his party from 20 points behind in the polls to neck and neck in them
- Created a situation where the PM has had over 100 of her own MP's call no confidence in here
- Given the government the biggest defeat in history 

All while enduring a universally negative press and a despicable smear campaign against him. 

If only he had a clue... Still, the man on the telly says he's not doing good, he must be right, eh? :rolleyes: 

The fact that he's still not ahead of that shambles of a Tory party is damning.

Imagine he was up against a semi competent government.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this is moot anyway

Anything that happens between now and March 29 has shit all to do with Brexit

The "UK" is leaving the EU on 29 March and everything now is geared towards keeping Scotland in the UK ..and to a lesser extent Northern Ireland

This whole backstop/hard border in Ireland has very little to do with "going back to the days of the troubles"

Northern Ireland voted to remain

This is all about Scotland if you look closely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

All this is moot anyway

Anything that happens between now and March 29 has shit all to do with Brexit

The "UK" is leaving the EU on 29 March and everything now is geared towards keeping Scotland in the UK ..and to a lesser extent Northern Ireland

This whole backstop/hard border in Ireland has very little to do with "going back to the days of the troubles"

Northern Ireland voted to remain

This is all about Scotland if you look closely

Sometimes it isn't all about Scotland.   If anything it's all about England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Sometimes it isn't all about Scotland.   If anything it's all about England.

Which in this case is the same thing - England cant do brexit without Scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Which in this case is the same thing - England cant do brexit without Scotland

Do you want to have a go at explaining that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Hasn't got a clue but has:

- taken his party from 20 points behind in the polls to neck and neck in them
- Created a situation where the PM has had over 100 of her own MP's call no confidence in here
- Given the government the biggest defeat in history 

All while enduring a universally negative press and a despicable smear campaign against him. 

If only he had a clue... Still, the man on the telly says he's not doing good, he must be right, eh? :rolleyes: 

So despite Theresa being as popular as the plague amongst the general populace, her party infighting reaching historic levels and the general omnishambles she has made of Brexit, Jezza can't win a vote of no confidence nor can he even remotely hope to win an election. 

I couldn't care less what the man on the telly says, they're mostly liars. 

I can manage to make my own mind up. Jezza is a failure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So despite Theresa being as popular as the plague amongst the general populace, her party infighting reaching historic levels and the general omnishambles she has made of Brexit, Jezza can't win a vote of no confidence nor can he even remotely hope to win an election. 

I couldn't care less what the man on the telly says, they're mostly liars. 

I can manage to make my own mind up. Jezza is a failure. 

Yep 100%.

 

A failure , fraud and a coward.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, aaid said:

Do you want to have a go at explaining that?

Seriously ?

I'll rephrase it

England can do Brexit without Scotland being a part of the UK but the economic catastrophe that would result in the short to medium term would be incredible

The pound has already crashed against the Dollar

It will crash again after we leave the EU

You will have to carry it around in a wheelbarrow if the UK doesnt have Scotland's resources to subsidise the impact of Brexit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Seriously ?

I'll rephrase it

England can do Brexit without Scotland being a part of the UK but the economic catastrophe that would result in the short to medium term would be incredible

The pound has already crashed against the Dollar

It will crash again after we leave the EU

You will have to carry it around in a wheelbarrow if the UK doesnt have Scotland's resources to subsidise the impact of Brexit

So we've gone from Scotland being a subsidy junkie to Scotland subsidising the UK, neither is true.

If the UK crashes out without a deal, the impact will be largely as you describe, irrespective of whether or not Scotland is part of the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aaid said:

Correlation doesn't necessarily equate to causation. 

I'd say in each of those cases the reason is more to do with what Theresa May and the Tory party have done rather than anything that Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party have done.

Doesn't help the press are basically trying to equate Corbyn and anti-semites.

Every bit of establishment influence will be used to keep him out of power. Cause he will truly change things (for better or for worse).

Go ask Colin Wallace what happened last time we almost had a left-wing government and what the security services were up to.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockwork_Orange_(plot)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aaid said:



If the UK crashes out without a deal, the impact will be largely as you describe, irrespective of whether or not Scotland is part of the UK.

I think if the UK leaves without a deal the different impacts of the scenarios with Scotland being part of the UK rather than not is massive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, phart said:

Doesn't help the press are basically trying to equate Corbyn and anti-semites.

Every bit of establishment influence will be used to keep him out of power. Cause he will truly change things (for better or for worse).

Go ask Colin Wallace what happened last time we almost had a left-wing government and what the security services were up to.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockwork_Orange_(plot)

None of that is untrue.  It doesn't mean that Corbyn is a political genius either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I think if the UK leaves without a deal the different impacts of the scenarios with Scotland being part of the UK rather than not is massive 

You got a source for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aaid said:

You got a source for that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×